Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Stockton, CA

fun
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2019
good, busy, challenging, great coworkers, management is awesome, customers are friendly and appreciate the great quality of deli selection and great customer service we provide.
Retail work is always changing.
Retail Grocery (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 18, 2018
Working in the grocery retail industry was a job I knew I could have for life. The expectations were very high. In the early part of my career I was given $6.00 p e r hour raise over 10 years
The last 25 years the raise was $4.00. That didn't keep up with the cost of living in California. But I was able to retire at 51 year's old.
Pros
Many different jobs to do in mu career.
Cons
Pay didn't keep up with cost of inflation.
Stressful,unrealistic goals,
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 6, 2018
Work and life balance almost non existent. Too many tasks not enough time. Days off are spent still trying to complete job tasks. Lunches are spent completing tasks. Supervision and other office employees look for reasons to take pictures and put blame on stores.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Number of hours. Unrealistic goals
Fun workplace
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 9, 2017
A typical work day was fast paced and tiring. I had to get carts every 15 minutes and some times they were pretty far. Over all Save Mart was a nice place to work at.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable work environment
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 17, 2017
Working at Save Mart Supermarkets is enjoyable. The manager(s) are very flexible with your scheduling and they put their employees first. All employees are friendly and great to work with. They work together as a team to get the job done and meet the needs of the customers.
Great employees and work environment
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95207November 22, 2016
This is a good place for individuals in gaining work experience. The training and staff are very friendly. This place gives good working hours but is not consistent with hours.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No set schedule
head baker manager assistance inventory
Bakery/Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
i would prep daily bread and other items every day was a different schedule logged daliy inventory, spolis and imput data to send to corperate. Customer servicr was our number one prioty.
Pros
health benfits and vacation time
Cons
would run out of profuct
Fun place to work!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I Supervised all associates in store operations and overseen all general manager duties. Worked with an amazing team of employees. Absolutely no drama. It was like family
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 25, 2014
if you never worked in a grocery store its a experience that you will never forget. First day very antsy but with time i built a relationship with customers and that was something i enjoyed doing. School schedule was not a problem at all and they were willing to work around it. Fast moving at the same time you needed to be knowledgeable about food product which isn't to hard if you eat food already. Some grumpy employees but nothing i couldn't handle again it was something i would do again
Pros
Customers made the experience
Cons
Not enough positive feed back from upper managment
high volume fill tables with product
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 1, 2014
on a daily base our jobs where to bake what was needed to fill tables and make sure inventory sheets were filled out daily that way we knew how much was being sold and how much we had to throw away. Our #1 priority was costumer service, to make sure that the costumer was helped right away and was happy with thier prrchase, and also introducing them to knew items to try. We would also have to recieve bakery/deli items that we ordered and put product away but also rotate and code date eveything. The haredest part of the day would be the morning because I the head baker had to make sure that all the fresh baked bread was put on tables on time and mak sure donuts and pastries were put out when the store would open
Pros
mamangemet was there to help you
Cons
rude costumers
Horrible company
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 25, 2013
I learned that Savemart Supermarkets is a horrible company, during my 10 months of working their. I had quit to work as a receptionist, it was that bad. I'm getting paid less, and I'm happier here, then I was there. They had made up excuses paying me less, while newer hirees were making more doing the same job, when I confronted my manager, he said it was because I was hired under a different contract and that there was nothing that they could do.
I would never go work for them or even shop there anymore.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly, sometimes we get free food
Cons
Horrible pay, bad benefits, horrible hours