Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Tehachapi, CA

Absolutely loved working here.
Key Holder/Over Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAApril 14, 2017
I loved working for Save Mart Supermarkets and had it not been for my desire to move to another city, would have continued working at Save Mart long term. At the time when I left I was working on the Overnight stocking crew and it just got too hard to balance raising my children and working overnights at the same time. Unfortunately, the money was too good working overnights and I couldn't step down from the position for fear of less pay and hours. Overall, I miss working for the company and would highly recommend it to outside candidates.
Pros
Above average wages and benefits. Great management staff.
Cons
Small town family owned grocer that may not survive larger corporations.
Great family enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAJanuary 5, 2015
typical day would be stay busy theres always things to be work on. I learned a lot being employed there like leadership, team player skills, time management and keeping the work environment safe. Great management team there as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my work day is making sure every customer left happy. best part was my customers.
great company to work for
clerk- grocery (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAOctober 13, 2014
Busy environment, the days would go by quickly. Managers and co-workers were respectful.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
graveyard shifts
nice place to work and good advancement opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Typical day was filled with stocking shelves with product, and checking customers through the line. I learned how to be patient and understanding with all costumers even the mean ones.I liked building relationships with frequent customers. there was no real hard part of the job. I always got along with co- workers.
Pros
hour long lunch, health benefits
Cons
rapid schedule changes
It's a great place because I love my customers.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAMarch 6, 2013
My co-workers, some are nice and some are not nice and like to start drama. A good work day is when everything runs smoothly. You cant take anything personal because everyone doesn't always have a good day but when a customer leaves my line, I try to make them smile whether it's the beginning of their day or the end of their day. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day with NO good support mats to stand on. The shifty hours are hard as well. No set schedule and no set days off. Working for a company that is opened 364 days a year, closed only on Christmas is hard on anyone. The cash registers are in front of the doors which is very hard in the winter time. You have to dress like you are outside. Customers are my life.
lots of room for advancement into mangement positions
Bookkeeper, Department co- Manager (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAAugust 21, 2012
enjoyed my 7+ years there. Hard work, but lots of room to advance within the company. Very early morning shifts and closing shifts
Pros
good pay, benefits, advancement
Cons
hard work, dealing with grouchy customers