Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Tracy, CA

Great for young people with no children
Bakery Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 21, 2019
The only commitment that can adjust your schedule is school. If you have children, or family commitments this may not be the place for you. It is hard work and with good pay and great benefits, but you life outside savemart means very little to anyone in management.
Decent workplace
BAKERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 30, 2018
SaveMart is a good company to work for. Compensation is decent. The benefits are great. Hours to work vary on department you work in. Management is well
Hectic at times but productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 25, 2017
Working at Savemart was overall a good experience for me. There were many ups and downs that came with the job at times, but what kept things fun were my coworkers and the customers.
Pros
Discounts and Fun family atmosphere
Cons
short brakes, management, crazy&rude customers
Needs improvement
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 21, 2015
a typical day at work is basically standing behind a check stand waiting to bag grocery's while getting carts outside. ive learned to pick up things fast. Management can be much better, but all they do is use each other to get work done. my co workers are ok, most of them are lazy and talk to much about others. the hardest part of my job is working harder to pick up my co workers slack. my most enjoyable part of my job is my last few minutes of work when im about to leave home.
Pros
ok benefits.
Cons
no enough money per hour. Management sucks. lack of promotions.
Fun and fast paced
Service Specialist/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 26, 2015
I've been working here for almost a year and I love it. I have great coworkers and I make great connections with my customers. Definatly a place to work if you are a people person.
Pros
Team
Cons
Very fast paced
Decent
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tracy CASeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work can be really busy. I have learned to be extremely flexible and self sufficient working here. Management is varies person to person. Some can be great managers while others seem immature. The co-workers are generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job are the hours of business. Sometime you can work at midnight until 9 in the morning and the next day work 3 pm to midnight, so the variation is tough. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. It feels good to help people with what they need and provide insight for any questions they may have.
Pros
hour long lunches
Cons
variation in schedule
Shift leaders were great people, head-of-store management rarely acknowledged when employees would go above and beyond expectations.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 30, 2014
A typical day of work was unrewarding overall, but I truly admired my shift leaders and enjoyed interacting with and building personal relationships with regular customers.

I learned a tremendous deal about customer service and how to cater to customer wants/ needs, and how to help customers to have an enjoyable experience while shopping at Savemart.

My coworkers were for the most part friendly and I built relationships with many of them that flourished into relationships outside of the workplace.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that I would always go the extra mile in terms of customer service, and this would rarely be acknowledged by the store managers (not shift leaders). There were numerous occasions where customers actually came back into the store to tell my manager that they truly appreciated how helpful and kind I was to them, and it was never, or rarely, acknowledged or appreciated.

The most enjoyable part of this job was mainly helping out the customers, and also my fellow employees were great people that made working there fun and enjoyable. It always made me happy to go above and beyond what most grocery baggers would do for customers and to see the smiles and appreciation that they gave me for doing so.
Pros
Friendly employees and opportunities to learn skills in customer service.
Cons
Strict and sometimes rude managers, our short breaks included the time taken to stand in line to buy food, Rarely had time finish eating
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 19, 2014
Employment was fun and productive. Management, co-workers, and customers were friendly and positive. Ending employment due to medical reasons was tough as I did not want to leave. However, it was delightful and full of life while employed.
Pros
Scheduling was manageable.
Cons
Long commute.
Customer Service
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy CaOctober 25, 2013
Bag and service the customer to make sure they leave satisfied.
Job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 10, 2013
Assisting customers in anyway possible to enhance their shopping experience.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Short hours