Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Visalia, CA

Service specialist
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 13, 2019
My job was to bag groceries and help the customers to their car. I also collected the carts from the parking lot and put them in the designated area. I swept up the store and cleaned the bathrooms hourly and also took back the groceries that the customers didn't want or changed there mind about. I enjoyed helping the customers and talking with them on the way to the car.there was nothing difficult about this job.everyone that worked there was cheerful and helpful.If i got offered a job at save-mart again i would go back in a heartbeat.
Extremely productive and sometimes stressful
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 15, 2019
Bagging groceries and helping the customers to their car. Stocking the shelves. Frying hot food for the hot case. Making salads and sandwiches for the cold case. Sweeping the store. Washing and sanitizing the Bakery/Deli floors.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Dealing with rude customers
fun workplace to work and very productive
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2018
in a typical day we work as a team to get the job done and help customer the best way we can with their questions. everyday you would learn something new and improve your working skills. the management was good everyone got treated equally. the most enjoyable part of the job was sometimes our boss would bring us donuts in the morning.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no cons
Was once a very good company to work for. It has changed considerably since the owner died.
Head Clerk (management) (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 3, 2017
Savemart supermarkets has lost a lot of incentives over the last seven years. After new ownership and a greedy worthless union, we have lost- premium pay after 6PM, Sunday pay, overtime, holidays, benefits, floating holidays, hours,and on top of all of that, the union is always taking their cut. Very unhappy with the company now.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 1, 2017
great job if you don't have kids but when you have a family and want to be a family this job was just not for me no job is ever greater than enjoying your kids 100%
Friendly work environment where everyone is happy to be there!
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 23, 2017
Savemart is the best job i have had so far. management is friendly and the work is very gratifying. we are part of a union so any problems that occur at the work place can be quickly handled by our union rep. they make you feel very welcome.
Pros
paid sick time, paid vacation after 1 year, full benefits
Fast pace work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 8, 2017
The job is fast pace and very challenging. The job can be stressful ay times and also is very rewarding. You get the chance to learn everyday and can advance in the company if you desire.
a regular day
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 18, 2015
assisted customers with any questions and helped with bagging there groceries. i worked with some of the best co workers and a few amazing managers. it was an amazing job and every enjoyable but the assistant store manager had favorites and at times was very rude and would humiliate people in front of customers.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
short breaks
always busy and meeting great people
CLERK (Former Employee) –  visalia, caSeptember 15, 2015
working for savemart was a great experience, the grocery industry is one that I have always loved . if a was offered to return back I would in a heart beat. working with food is the best
Pros
there always new projects
Cons
workers union
fun place to work lot of friend
Sales Associate / Deli Clerk / Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 20, 2015
a typical day at work for me in deli was make production fry chicken clean dishes and help cutomers i learned how to use my people skills and make a sale managment was good and my coworkers where even better we always had each others back with getting things done the hardest part of my job was the lunch hour rush but we always got everyone taken care of my favorite part of my job was my coworkers i made alot of friends there.
Pros
hour lunch good pay and just an all around good company whos cares about there customers
Cons
cant think of a single one
fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 25, 2014
-nice people to work with
-always around people
-have to have good communication skills
I love connecting with my friends
Bakery/ Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2014
working at a local grocery store i was able to make great relationships with customers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  visalia,caMarch 7, 2013
Good place to work, good benefits, its a good place for college students to have flexible hours and schedules.
Pros
good hours
Cons
entry level
Good environment, learned to work with different types of people, helped with my social skills, and people skills
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Most of my days involved helping customers with groceries, answering phones and stocking shelves. Made a lot of close friends with my co-workers, and had good relationships with my managers. The hardest part of my job was learning to get along with all different sorts of people. I also think that was the most enjoyable part, because it changed my outlook a lot.
Pros
health benefits, good pay
Cons
working in different weather conditions outside
Productive and professional workplace
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Visalia CANovember 26, 2012
Very professional workplace. Breaks and lunches are well scheduled.
Hard Productive work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 2, 2012
This one is a bit harder to review. I would say that it is a great experience to have because it has a good amount of staff and they know how to get the work done. Ever one was on there game for the most part.

Over all good place to work for.