Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Bakery Clerk

Loyal customers, clean and fun work Invierment fast pace,
Bakery Clerk/ Deli (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 22, 2019
I loved working for save mart supermarkets, it taught me customer service, and showed me how good some people still are, the management was great as long as u communicate with them, fellow employees were very competitive.
Pros
Benefits paid vacation
Cons
Competitive fellow employees
Pass
Bakery & Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2019
Not a place to stay more than a year. Management is subpar. Job security is great, but there is no room for advancement. If you want a job that treats you well, then look elsewhere.
Great store to work for, positive responsiablities and likeable co workers wonderful customers
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Greeting customers with a smile, Handling food and following all sanitation guide lines, working with a wide variety of people. Great manager. always happy to jump in and help when needed. The environment in Save Mart is very pleasant and enjoyable to be around. I cant say there was a hard part of the job, I took every opportunity to grow and use my hard working ethics and skills to better the store in whole.
Pros
discount on sandwiches
Great Place To Work
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 26, 2018
This Job was one of the best places ive ever worked it has tons of room for advancement to move up the people who i worked with are really nice and easy to work with, they teach very well the managers are fantastic at their jobs i believe this would be a great place to work for as a career
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Union, Heath Care, 401k options
Cons
I do not have any cons
fun eay job can get little stress but as long as you do your job overall good
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 24, 2017
it was a union store so they didn't fight you on raises and lots of good benefits had fun working here only reason why I left was lack of hours but would have stayed otherwise
summary
Bakery/Deli Clerk & Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2017
The people were great. It help me get thru college and gave me the flexibly to go to school and work. Which was nice. It was a walk into the work force which was different for me.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great work place
Bakery / Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2017
I would get to work 30 minutes early and go to the bakery where my department was and see what was happening so when my shift started i knew what to expect and I loved to work in the bakery at Save Mart
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Breaks are always short
Working at a grocery store
Cashier/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 3, 2017
Save mart was not a bad place to work. The pay was good and the employees were like family. People tend to stay working at a grocery store for a long time so sometimes it is hard to advance.
Owner passed away and new agenda is going south
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2017
The owner died and company had fallen into hands that have redirected the company. Savemart is losing its true mission of a grocery store that it's customers expect.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
No advancement in pay
fun working with cakes and decorating cakes.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJune 5, 2017
Was fun learning new ways to grow with the company amd bake and decorated cakes I've never done before, delivery fresh bake goods to customer and seein thwm smile.
Pros
Fresh bread
Cons
Weight gain
Great manager experience.
Bakery and Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 1, 2017
I love working here. Best manager I've had from past managers. Great benefits. Gets really busy all the time. Keeps you working and the time goes by fast. The hardest part is only at the beginning learning how you can get the job done fast in your own way but with following the rules of the work.
is a job oriented place
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAApril 11, 2017
It was the same routine everyday. I learned how to deal with unhappy customers. Management was a little over the place. Co-workers were fun to work with.
Pros
nice 1 hour lunch
Cons
couldn't always get the breaks
Great company with great coworkers and amazing customers.
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 21, 2016
Working for Savemart was one of the best experiences I've had. I loved the employees, I loved the work I did, and I enjoyed my customers. The managers were very fair with the scheduling and the hours we were given. The company was very open to helping out their employees if they needed more or less hours, days off, or just extra assistance in their work. It is a very friendly, customer centered, well-ran place at every location I have worked at. There are many locations across the state and I had worked at many of them and I loved being at every single one. The job also came with very good benefits.
Pros
Very friendly custoemers and employees and great benefits and loved the job.
Cons
None.
about my job.
Deli and Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I organized and scheduled shift work for staff , coded and dated all deli foods, prepared sandwiches for customers , clean and maintained sterile instruments and work space , customer service . received products cheeked against invoices and stock shelves
Productive and fun work place
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2016
lovely management for the most part. great customers and a great location. Friendly and positive place to work, great store!
Pros
Foodie Fridays
Cons
could use a bit more room for growth
Good place to work at.
Bakery Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Fun and fast paced. Plenty of advancements. Good pay. You will be working here for ten years before you knew what happened.
productive work place
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  sacramento caOctober 19, 2015
Lots to accomplish in a day. Very fast paced. Not very much help to do the work. Can't take days off. I don't have anything else to say about this particular position at this job.
Fun workplace
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orangevale, CASeptember 24, 2015
Got along with all co-workers. Everyone there were all like family and took pride in their job. Management always helped out one another. Most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Pros
Thanksgiving bonus
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Service Specialist - Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 17, 2015
Great company great people, always smiling it was a good employer. Management wasn't all that great. the customers were the reason i came back to work everyday with a smile on my face.
head baker manager assistance inventory
Bakery/Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
i would prep daily bread and other items every day was a different schedule logged daliy inventory, spolis and imput data to send to corperate. Customer servicr was our number one prioty.
Pros
health benfits and vacation time
Cons
would run out of profuct

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Save Mart Supermarkets Reviews by Location