Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

great place fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  newyorkOctober 1, 2018
well it changes your every day work schedule what I mean is you may have different times every time you are schedule I don't know I don't work their.
Pros
your in a profession were people are happy and excited
Cons
The number of hours you may get in a week like example maybe 5 hours for a week
Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2018
This was a great learning experience for me. Working at Savemart produced great customer service experience as well as a hard work ethic for me. The hours however, where very hard to accommodate at times.
Fast Paced with always having something to do
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 30, 2018
The employees can be rude sometimes but I dont let that affect my workdays. I always go in with a positive attitude ready to work any position I am given. When things are slow I always find something to do whether it is working on the floor or cleaning a checkstand or grabbing carts from the parking lot. The hardest part is dealing with disrespectful customers while trying to maintain a smile and be friendly. There are times when you really want to snap but you just keep the smile on your face. The most enjoyable part for me is creating a bond with customers so they always have an enjoyable experience every time they shop.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place for a first time job (suggestion)
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 14, 2017
the staff were very productive and always made sure every item was in place, that every customer was satisfied, and friendly staff. Got to learn how to use the register here first and loved it.
Pros
great starter for a job
Cons
Good for a short period of time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 26, 2017
This job is good to high school-ers who just need to make some money and who are also in need of life and communication skills. However the management there was not like any other store.
Productive and kept busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CASeptember 13, 2017
stock, clean, organize provide excellent customer service, Greet and Expedite customers leaving them with satisfaction. counted money cashed checks, wic vouchers and lottery.
Pros
Money
Cons
Less Time away from family
Hectic at times but productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 25, 2017
Working at Savemart was overall a good experience for me. There were many ups and downs that came with the job at times, but what kept things fun were my coworkers and the customers.
Pros
Discounts and Fun family atmosphere
Cons
short brakes, management, crazy&rude customers
Fast paced and very pleasant
Customer Service/ Cashier/Deli/Bakery (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work was assisting customers, cashiering. I also assisted in the Deli and Bakery. I packaged and baked along with making sandwiches, training fellow employees, serving the customers with salads and deli meats and cheeses. I enjoyed my job for this company and my fellow employees. the job was fast paced and pleasant.
Pros
The excellent staff od people hired.
Cons
The breaks and lunch.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 1, 2017
great job if you don't have kids but when you have a family and want to be a family this job was just not for me no job is ever greater than enjoying your kids 100%
not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  600 n kings hwySeptember 10, 2015
would never work there again. They don't no how t talk to ppl. they treat the employee bad. they don;'t give u a sset schudle
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
productive work place stay busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 21, 2015
Help customers at time of purchase. Keep track of inventory as well stock shelves. Clean up spills as well out side store parking lot.

Keeping a constant work flow on busy days like Friday and Saturdays. So customers don't have to wait in line to long.

Paying attention to what the customer wants as they reach the counter. Staying punctual and accurate when scanning items.
Pros
Staying busy working with customers
Cons
Angry or intoxicated customers
None specific
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2014
I always go to work with an open mind ,no expectations since working with the public ,any and every thing can happen . Be it good or bad ,I always try to make the best or any situation . I would say the hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone ,because it is not possible !
My co-workers are just that 'ASSOCIATES' first ,friends second ,I try not to get too involved personally as co-workers come and go often.
I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and fun people ,not day to day but minute to minute hour to hour ,really :)
Pros
None specific.
Cons
None specific.