Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

fun
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2019
good, busy, challenging, great coworkers, management is awesome, customers are friendly and appreciate the great quality of deli selection and great customer service we provide.
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 17, 2018
Savemart is an environment where you can be yourself and open up. Hard work is appreciated and looked at for review by your supervisor. When they see that your doing a good job you can move up in the company
savemart
Deli Associate/ assiatant manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2018
It was ok to work there hour weren't so good I would have stayed longer but I need two days off in a row hard to schedule your life around that kind of schedule.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
never got two days off in a row
Fun experience
Cashier / Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I learned that there was a lot that went into running a grocery store and after working in almost every department I'm glad I learned as much as I did with SaveMart.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay rate, working on holidays
Busy but Productive atmosphere
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in the deli department. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helping the customers. I got really good at slicing and holding deli meat in my hand and feeling the weight of it. I helped my supervisor unload the shipments of the day. I also enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part of working there was my schedule. Needing to work weekends.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
schedule
Hectic fast pased
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJanuary 12, 2018
There was always work to be done, Always fast paced and I had to be jumping from one duty to another. The leaders were clear and descriptive. Overall it was a decent environment.
Good Job Experience
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Galt, CASeptember 29, 2017
SaveMart is a good place for a beginning job, or a temporary job. I personally would not recommend it as a career job. It has fair pay, they're flexible with your hours so if you're a student they will work with your school schedule. Since this job does require working with the public there are challenging times, but it teaches you to have a lot of patience.
Fun to work with.
Deli department (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2017
Going to work everyday was fun for me. Since it was my first job, I learned so much from the people around me, I was lucky enough to have those good, and supportive people. Thank you.
Fun place to work it made my customer service skills better and they had great benefits.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 9, 2017
I had been working at Save Mart Supermarkets for about one year and a half. it made me a more positive and afficient worker. giving me new boundaries and learning how to prepare whole foods in the deli and the bakery. I also worked as the front register cashier. they had me closing and opening the store about three times a week. I was a team leader and picked up their skills faster than the average employee.
Pros
half off meals, benefits, and great tools for working with others.
Cons
health benifits and stock benifits
productive and fun work enviornment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CANovember 2, 2016
Working with save mart was a fun time. They are very customer mindful. Work was just that work. The management team was awesome. The hardest part of the job was the nighty clean up. The best part was dealing with the customers.
Will make you have no life.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAApril 4, 2016
Been working here almost a year. Transfered to bakery in February and it is not as great as I thought it would be. I close 6 days a week which means I have no time for my kids or friends.the customers are rude if you don't give exactly what they want and we are always short staffed.
Pros
discount and coworkers
Cons
Productive, educational place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work usually depended on the day of the week, whether it be a weekday, then it would be generally slow until lunch hour and then it would become busy, but other than lunch hour weekdays were generally slow. On weekends, there is no break from the rush. I learned a lot of people skills, organizational skills, but most of all I learned what real job experience is like and how nice it is to be in such an environment everyday. Management was great, they were always so understanding and nice. Towards the end of my stay there, I did not see eye to eye with the management, although I left on good terms. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the back pain from standing all day, although it was more so likely because I was not used to be standing up on that kind of floor, so I have nobody to blame other than myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a splendid community of coworkers around me all the time, always so nice and just very welcoming and genuine.
Pros
Working at a supermarket
Cons
No discounts
this was a great job
Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2015
this was a good job, did enjoy working for savemart, they actually pay you really good with benefits. Which back in the days it was hard to find a good paying job like this one plus benefits.
Pros
the pay and benifits
Cons
management
fun place to work lot of friend
Sales Associate / Deli Clerk / Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 20, 2015
a typical day at work for me in deli was make production fry chicken clean dishes and help cutomers i learned how to use my people skills and make a sale managment was good and my coworkers where even better we always had each others back with getting things done the hardest part of my job was the lunch hour rush but we always got everyone taken care of my favorite part of my job was my coworkers i made alot of friends there.
Pros
hour lunch good pay and just an all around good company whos cares about there customers
Cons
cant think of a single one
One of the best Grocery Stores
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pacific Grove, CADecember 30, 2014
Great family feel every time I was there. I really enjoyed managements attention to treating their employees well.
Save Mart
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 24, 2014
I learned how to fry food, prepare salads, and use a rotisserie oven. Got better with food handling, food safety and customer service. The manager handled the department very well. She taught the department how to properly handle food and taught us an easy yet thorough way of performing job tasks. My coworkers are easy to work with. It is always a happy environment which makes it better for customers. Helping customers and performing cleaning duties it a timely matter without getting overtime can be a challenge sometimes, but when working together as a team the job gets done with no stress. Making the customers happy and working with a staff that gets along so well is enjoyable.
Pros
All employees are very nice and warming
Cons
Deli clerk/ Meat clerk/ Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 14, 2014
Its your typical Supermarket. There are a lot of opportunities for people in this store. Everyone gets a chance here.
Very difficult place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was breading chicken and closing the store, very repetitive.
I learned a lot about Personal Protection Equipment and different deli foods.
Management was very strict.
Very difficult co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was getting out on time on a very busy day, always possible, yet never easy.
I enjoyed the food I got to eat while working for the deli.
Cons
Short breaks
Good job while going to school.
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 4, 2013
Depending on the shift that I am scheduled I would either throw the load, write the orders for the load, do inventory, do food production, serve customers, close and clean the department or work the barbecue outside the store cooking tri-tips, ribs, chicken and sausage.
Pros
Flexible work times, guaranteed hours and health benefits.
Cons
Not very mentally stimulating.