Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Productive workplace, easy to gain experience
Key Career (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 23, 2019
I have learned a great deal from this job. You have to be determined and willing to work hard to move up in the company. This job can be stressful at times but overall this is a great job for high school students, college students or anyone who is looking for a steady job till they retire.
Pros
Union, benefits, ability to move up in the company
Cons
No set hours with time or amount
It was a good job and advanced very quick if you want to work
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJuly 11, 2018
I loved this job and was very caring towards my family life .
I worked a lot of holidays but made it through. after it all though I had a nice retirement.
Save Mart
Key Carrier (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CA 95367May 15, 2018
It is a really good job, especially if you are a student. They work around your school schedule and they also pay for your classes if they relate to business.
Stressful
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2017
Always worrying about closing down... managers take favoritism on full timers... ever since the Owner Bob Piccinnini passed the company has changed tremendously
Absolutely loved working here.
Key Holder/Over Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAApril 14, 2017
I loved working for Save Mart Supermarkets and had it not been for my desire to move to another city, would have continued working at Save Mart long term. At the time when I left I was working on the Overnight stocking crew and it just got too hard to balance raising my children and working overnights at the same time. Unfortunately, the money was too good working overnights and I couldn't step down from the position for fear of less pay and hours. Overall, I miss working for the company and would highly recommend it to outside candidates.
Pros
Above average wages and benefits. Great management staff.
Cons
Small town family owned grocer that may not survive larger corporations.
An example of modern politics
Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 10, 2014
Savemart Supermarkets is a company based on politics. If people like you, you will succeed. You do not necessarily have to be a good worker to succeed, and that in fact may even hold you back. Each store is different.
Lots of changes underway-stay flexible
Key Carrier(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAOctober 14, 2014
Save Mart is an excellent place to shop, but tenuous as a long term career choice.
Good Benefits.
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 9, 2013
reasonable pay, great management environment, good customer service.
Alright job
Supervisor(Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 9, 2013
Save Mart offers large amounts of training. There are many things to be learned. They provide great training. Management has unreal expectations for you to meet. They like to give promotions without the pay. Co workers are usually really cool people as long as they are pulling their weight. The hardest part of the job is the work hours, one day you would be scheduled to work late night and the next day at 4am. This was very common for everyone. The most enjoyable part of working at Save Mart is meeting new people and learning to work with all types of people
Pros
health benefits
Cons
.Unreal expectations
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 20, 2012
The typical day of work at Save Mart is very fast paced and you are always moving. I learned excellent customer service skills there and enjoyed working with the public. I had many customers that would come see me and I enjoyed talking with my customers. Being in management was a bit challenging, but taught me patience and better listening skills. My co-workers were great to be around and if I had any questions about my job they were more than eager to help. The hardest part of my job were the hours and trying to mesh that with my family life, the most enjoyable were the customers.
Pros
co workers
Cons
hours