Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Service Clerk

Don't make a career of this
SERVICE SPECIALIST/MULTI PURPOSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAMarch 6, 2019
An awful company to work for if you're trying to advance your career. Terrible hours, very low pay, sometimes hostile work environment. I do not recommend this job.
Taking advantage of foreign students
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nevada County, CASeptember 19, 2018
1. Salaries were under the local average, which got them to only hiring subpar people.
2. They took advantage of foreign student by paying them less than the rest of the employees
Beginning career
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, CASeptember 13, 2018
This was a job that I took as a temporary job, not a very easy place for advancement and the staff at that time was not fair. Now it is a great place and more opportunities of advancement.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work hours
genuinely wonderful people
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 15, 2018
aside from teens just out of high school bringing drama from school in from time to time it is a wonderful place to work.

I made many friends here who i still stay in contact with.
Pros
job security
Cons
working till 12am
fun workplace to work and very productive
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2018
in a typical day we work as a team to get the job done and help customer the best way we can with their questions. everyday you would learn something new and improve your working skills. the management was good everyone got treated equally. the most enjoyable part of the job was sometimes our boss would bring us donuts in the morning.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no cons
Productive, fast past, fun place to work at.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 19, 2017
Productive fun place to work out, everyone is like one big family their. Costumers are regulars and they turn into family. I miss Working their i loved what i did their. Management is good, center store managers are very nice and very understanding if you need to take time off or need to leave early.
Service Clerk
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 11, 2017
I had a great time being a service clerk at Save Mart, there just wasn't any room for advancement when I was employed there. The staff was fun and dependable.
Pros
Day shift is always a plus
Cons
No discounts
Great company
Multi Purpose Clerk/Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAAugust 1, 2017
Savemart gets some of the best customers I've ever worked with. My co-workers are nice, management is amazing. I wish I was compensated better for all the hrd work I do though.
Cons
Minimum wage for non entry level jobs
Bagger
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 11, 2017
*Customer service and greeting.
*Help maintain clean work environment and restocking.
*Bagged groceries and helped customers to their cars.
savemart store
Service Specialist, multi clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2017
its the best store and friendliest employees that i have work. the supervisor is a good and fun person to be with and all the employees is all loving.
Pros
break and lunch
Cons
pushing carts
Very fun work place very nice co-workers.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 10, 2016
I would come in and was a service clerk,as well as cart hour and sweep and mop. I also took out the trash and kept the registers clean. When i had a closing shift we did go backs.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Busy, fast paced and customer service oriented
Service Clerk/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 3, 2016
A typical day working for SaveMart Supermarkets was mixed with both patience, when dealing with customers of all ages and capabilities, and with fast paced, diligent work stocking shelves, facing the store, pushing carts, etc.. My managers were extremely understanding of my school schedule yet strict in making sure I was working hard. They was satisfied with my work, it seems now, seeing as how me and I am the store manager's main assistant, the assistant store manager has given me his blessing and friendship (along with several hundred business cards to hand out with his number), and my main day to day supervisor is one of my closest friends. Every department in the store wanted me to work their department and I helped out in each several time over my two years with the company. There is not a single person in the store with I am not friends with. The job was hard at times, especially during the holidays and when I was tired, but learned to deal with it and maintain a high quality of work. I enjoyed the job because of the many friendships and memories.
Pros
Schedule, Co workers, Union
Cons
low mobility
Productive educational place to work
Service Clerk/Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Good company to work for, and good people. Managers are moved from one store to another a lot, so it made it challenging to work at times. Hard part of the job is employees do not get set days off every week.
hard work enviroment
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2016
It's for the People who care strongly for strangers. the head manager wasn't so fair with everyone. highlight of my day was the hour lunches. had to retrieve shopping carts and making sure products got back on the shelves.
Pros
Hour lunches, great hours
Cons
Managers are stricter
a regular day
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 18, 2015
assisted customers with any questions and helped with bagging there groceries. i worked with some of the best co workers and a few amazing managers. it was an amazing job and every enjoyable but the assistant store manager had favorites and at times was very rude and would humiliate people in front of customers.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
short breaks
There is room for advancement within the company, job security will depend on your motivation.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CANovember 14, 2015
Job duties will include bagging groceries, helping customers load their vehicles, sweeping and sanitizing work areas, cleaning bathrooms, and restocking shelves. Management is flexible as are the hours. Retrieving carts from the parking lot can be time consuming but not hard to do.
Pros
Flexible work weeks and fun assisting customers in different ways.
Cons
Mostly part time hours.
A true highlight in my life
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 7, 2015
Save Mart was the first company that i worked for and i was very happy to grow with that company. I enjoyed all my co-workers that i worked with as well as my managers. sad that i left that job.
A fast paced, enjoyable place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 1, 2015
My typical day would consist of helping cashiers at the front end of the store and helping customers to their vehicles. I learned much about the operating of a business while being employed here. The management was more often than not a low point here. I understand they must have had a lot of pressure to push their stores to meet certain standards, but many of them would go about this in a poisonous manner. The most difficult part of the job for me would probably have to be the holidays, or the sporadic hours given. The most enjoyable part was the physical nature of the position, and the ability to have and maintain benefits and weeks of vacation as a part time employee. That was fantastic while I was attending college
Pros
Benefits, vacation, excercise
Cons
poor management, varying hours
Challenging but rewarding
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 27, 2015
Could be physically challenging at times but tasks were simple and easy to form a routine around. Management was productive and work environment friendly.
great work environment
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be working with good customers and coworkers.
Learn how to work with customers.
Management was pretty organized.
Coworkers were very friendly and helpful.
Having to leave work at the end of the day.
Working with customers and coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save Mart Supermarkets.

Powered by Comparably