Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Utility Clerk

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Productive place to work yet it wasn't my ideal work environment
Service Specialist, Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 15, 2013
I worked the front end half of my shift, bagging groceries and taking them out for the customer. After lunch I was an utility clerk and was in charge of emptying trashing cans, cleaning restrooms, dusting, wiping down glass doors, using floor scrubber for outside patio and cleaning up any spills that happened in the store. I learned to work in a fast paced mode while using effective time management skills to finish what was needed before leaving work. On my extra time, I helped with small projects including making bails, putting up displays, and facing products in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was to make sure I didn't fall behind time because there was always more to do. The most enjoyable part was being busy all the time, so my shifts went by quick as long as I stayed productive doing my work at all times.
Bakery job fun and cashier was a challenge
Utility clerk, bakery clerk, cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAOctober 12, 2012
I loved working bakery and taking classes to learn how to decorate cakes. i would enjoy making kids and customers smile for their birthday. As a cashier i woul come in to a busy work environment that was fast paced and really tested my great customer service skills. Overall it was a great experience in my life.
Pros
great benefits, great union, good pay
Cons
supervisor was hard to get along with there was no compromise