Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Welcome to the ghetto
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 26, 2019
Do not work here unless you have done time! They hire their warehouse workers straight out of the ghetto of Sacramento. There is a thug/prison mentality in the night shift and I’ve seen fights during and after shifts. There is drinking and drugs on the job, management turns a blind eye as long as the trucks get loaded but don’t get caught looking at your cell phone or you’ll get suspended. The production standard is crazy fast which is why everyone is on drugs. Also you have to put in 5-10 years on graveyard shift throwing 70 pound cases before you can get a forklift or day shift bid. Definitely a young mans job. Management will stab you in the back and God forbid you get hurt on the job or you will be treated like you are faking it.
Only positive thing I can say is the pay and benefits are really good which is the only thing that kept me there as long as I stayed. Also there is a lot of vacation time and you can call out a lot without consequences. The union was pretty good but there are a lot of politics and gossip involved. Lots of rumors and gossip and a definite high school/prison culture. Expect to work OT on holidays.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, union
Cons
Ghetto culture, long hours, backbreaking work
I wouldnt offer this job to an enemy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 4, 2016
Ive worked for the roseville dc for almost 5 years. Minus the pay and benefits i would have quit years ago. The managers hold this " everyone is doing something wrong at all times" mentality because they havemt had a raise in a decade and so they send the supervisors out to find was to get employees in trouble/ terminated and if they dont they get in trouble. They hire groups of about 15 people and usually 4 or 5 might make it.. We are scheduled 4 days 10 hrs a day which normally turns into 11+ hrs a days the hours are from6pm to 430 am or later.. the warehouse isnt suitable for the tight performance standard they have in place.. Constantly getting find by osha and wouldnt be surprised if they shut it down.. Co workers were good people.. But overall the pay and the benifits are the ONLY reason anyone stays at that warehouse management and up dont care about the employees ( because we are union and they are corp) and yours always in the cold (32 degrees to 45 degrees)
Pros
Great pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Long days, cold, fear for job, horrible mangement
Productive and a busy work environment
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rockin,CANovember 8, 2013
A typical day for me while I was employed with SaveMart Distribution would be, I would clock in for work and get started. I would count the items that needed to be loaded onto the pallet and load the trucks to transport the items. I learned how to get more work done on a time limit as well as operate a forklift. I enjoyed working with my co workers because it made work go by a lot faster when you have co workers that are great workers and fun. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked from 6pm-6am and it was hard to sleep when I would get off work, on top of only getting 1 day per weekend off. I could not make it to a lot of family events. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving the bonus checks as well as working with my co workers. I also received a few raises while I was employed there for my great work ethics.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
hours