Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Review

View all Save Mart Supermarkets reviews

Good for teenagers
Multi purpose clerk/ Graveyard (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 13, 2019
threw freight faster than the night crew manager, was trusted to be alone with store keys while still on probation, learned frozen learned bakery/deli, produce and ultimately became a cashier during the day sleep a little go back in at night sleep Work night crew the night then that morning would be the same day I’d have be the closing cashier because as long as there’s an 8 hr gap you’re available. I was over worked and exhausted and thought “well it should payoff when I see my Checks”. All that work all that responsibility (I even learned aris: signage and printing and hanging new price tags) all that overtime all the fake smiles and small talk with managers and key carriers and promised growth opportunity and I still got a paycheck one week for $126.00.
after two years of being underpaid.i left making a whopping 11.85 an hr. Only raises available are based on the hours you put in. When you do work a certain amount of hours and you feel like you’ve been slaving but receive a 10 cent raise and your boss that makes 50 times your earned income says “you’ve earned it” pats you on the back it’s just like FORGET THIS. IM A SINGLE MOTHER AND I HAVE TO REPORT TO A SIGNIFICANTLY YOUNGER DUDE IN HIS EARLY 20s WHOS DATING the bosses DAUGHTER SO HE GETS 16 AN HR WHILE I CANT EVEN SEEM TO BREAK 12 hr. BUT DOING THE SAME WORK IF NOT MORE WORK BECAUSE THAT DUDE IN CHARGE LIKES TO TAKE 30 MINUTE BREAKS THEN A LUNCH !!? BEFORE U KNOW IT YOURE DONE WITH AN ENTIRE TRUCK LOAD.
Pros
Make you feel good by showing recognition to you for hard work
Cons
Gossiping and penny pay zero room for growth.

Other Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Great for young people with no children
Bakery Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 21, 2019
The only commitment that can adjust your schedule is school. If you have children, or family commitments this may not be the place for you. It is hard work and with good pay and great benefits, but you life outside savemart means very little to anyone in management.
Fast paced environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 12, 2019
This is a face paced workplace because you are the middle man between the server and the customer. Ultimately you can slow down or hinder the servers tips which in turn lessens what they tip you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save Mart Supermarkets.

Powered by Comparably