Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

A good first job.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 1, 2018
I was a bagger/service specialist. My main job was to stay up front and bag customers groceries and help them to their cars if they wanted or needed it. I went over and above by helping out through out the store. I helped clerks and managers with any task they asked me to. I was considered very helpful and reliable. Management is more or less cooperative and understanding. The environment is fast paced and stressful, especially around holidays. Coworkers are patient as you learn your role but they do expect the best once you've been there for a while and do not appreciate things being half done. The hardest part is staying on your feet and moving for so many hours. However, it is made bearable by coworkers who are more than happy to laugh and enjoy the day when they can.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 27, 2018
Good environment, people are friendly, Having happy customers make your day, assisting them and helping makes it more better and especially to understand and know your customers need, also to the management from before was poorly due to lack of communication and co workers/employees cause issues to the New rookies, never perfect but letting you know. Hard to be hired on especially if you have criminal record or a druggies.
Pros
Time
Cons
Short breaks
Use to be a great place to work
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 25, 2018
Save Mart use to be a great place to work when I first started as a bagger. But over time they developed the "Big Business" mentality. Paid Holidays slowly disappeared over time. Labor being cut and unrealistic demands developed. Overall employee morale has tanked and customers suffer.
Pros
Cons
too many
About Savemart
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sand City, CAJune 19, 2018
Will this company provide you a somewhat decent paycheck and health benefits through the UFCW5 Union? Yes but with a morale and environment that pushes and creates stress on their employees for, in my opinion, minimum pay. An employers expectations of their employees should always correlate the wage they are paying them. I have found this company doesn't do much to bring opportunities for advancement. This company believes you need to put in time to be worthy of promotion.
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAJune 17, 2018
Fun workplace and nice co-workers to work with. The management genuinely cares about the workers. It is a busy place and gets crowded during vacations.
Hours???
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2018
I was cross trained in three different positions, but the hours could have improved for what I was doing, the team was a good one to work for, did have a really good customer base
genuinely wonderful people
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 15, 2018
aside from teens just out of high school bringing drama from school in from time to time it is a wonderful place to work.

I made many friends here who i still stay in contact with.
Pros
job security
Cons
working till 12am
Very quick paced atmosphere a lot of customer service and money handling but overall I enjoyed my job at Save Mart
Front End Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2018
Save Mart supermarkets is a good place to work I love my job and I wish I had a supermarket in Ohio that I could transfer to cuz I would transfer my job in a minute if I could I loved working for Save Mart
Pros
Full time work and fun coworkers
Cons
Fast paced environment and a lot of customer service
I learned a lot there very good experiences
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 11, 2018
cashiering stocking cleaning bagging it properly helping customers loads there groceries into car learned all the readers lotto money orders n tobacco
Very productive and driven
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, CAJune 11, 2018
Friendly work environment, fast paced, organized,clean environment to be around. Understandable management, work well with others and in advancing and Goals.
Pros
Hours
Cons
great place to work its very much like high school.
Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2018
the most enjoyable part of working for savemart definitely was the customers. Service outs wer very highly pushed on employees and when the customer allowed was a very nice break outside the store. 10/10 recommend this place to work.
Pros
the kids drawing competitions
Cons
nocons
Easygoing job with many opportunities to move up.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 7, 2018
Your average day of work starts at random, varying between 7am to 7pm and ending anywhere in between. Grabbing carts, helping customers and cleaning are your typical duties.

A consistent schedule does not exist as a service specialist. Your hours are different every week.

The best part is helping customers. The hardest part about this job is finding things to do when it's slow. Being in an union is a double edged sword for obvious reasons. Once you work an union job long enough you'll understand what I mean.
Pros
Union, hour lunches.
Cons
Union. A lot of downtime.
Cashier - Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 6, 2018
A typical day, very busy at all times. I was given the opportunity to do bookkeeping which I enjoyed. The most enjoyable part was the customers. I got to know the clientele in the area.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not many
Decent job while in school, too much unneeded stress.
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJune 5, 2018
I was employed here while attending full-time college. It was fine at first but after a while working here, upper-level management placed tremendous amounts of unneeded stress on the employees, causing me to leave.
Pros
Good people. Good pay.
Cons
Management.
got an experience out of it
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 5, 2018
a typical day would be bagging groceries, greeting customers, cleaning messes, taking in carts and doing your floor sweeps on your assigned hour. my experience there was not the best i dreaded coming in at times. mostly due to the rude customers and poor management.
Pros
10% percent off purchases, got the experience
Cons
poor management, horrible work conditions, mean customers
Frequent changes in ownership and supervisors
Human Resource District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 1, 2018
Savemart gave me an opportunity to advance.
However, with all high turn over and perks taken away made it an easy decision to further my career elsewhere.
savemart
Deli Associate/ assiatant manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2018
It was ok to work there hour weren't so good I would have stayed longer but I need two days off in a row hard to schedule your life around that kind of schedule.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
never got two days off in a row
Great workspace to prepare you for the future
LEAD PROCUREMENT AND ACQUISITION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2018
It was a great experience to see what a real work environment looks like. I had the best coworkers ever to help complete and job needed to be done. From the top of the chain down to the bottom, everything ran smoothly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Monotonous but pays well
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 18, 2018
Save Mart Distribution Center was at first exciting and full of opportunity, however after a while, the work became very monotonous and dangerous. The company ignored too many issues that caused many employees to become injured and looking for better opportunities was necessary.
Pros
Weekly pay and good retirement plan.
Cons
Too many OSHA vialations unadressed and high injury rate.
Strict by Fair
Sr. Project Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 17, 2018
The culture was one of strictness. It appeared that everyone was on pins and needles all the time. You could hear a pin drop. The employees were not the friendliest, some were even cut-throats.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight