Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Great place to work while going to college
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 27, 2018
I have been working for Save Mart since my first year of college. They would always work with my school schedule which was the best thing you could hope for with a college job.
I left for a new job at Tf tire
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAApril 23, 2018
It was a great job I met a lot of great people. It was an awesome first job even though i left there it taught me a lot. I liked working for TF tire more because it felt more like a job then save mart
Pros
A lot of great people
Cons
Challenging, fun place to work.
Sr. Business Analyst and Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 18, 2018
Always assigned exciting projects that allowed working with many different departments and was able to travel to other Save Mart Sites in California to help the system users.

Probably the hardest part of the job was having to leave due to my personal situation.
Pros
Fun get togethers with co-workers.
Cons
Professional personnel required to use timeclock.
Buxton Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 16, 2018
Warehousing transformation and trucking was fun to learn since it was a new industry for me. But, being that its primary business was a supermarket chain IT of course was a cost center. There was daily travel involved gathering information for six different distribution centers.
Pros
Learning a new industry
Cons
Trying to guide the existing IT Staff to follow project practices.
I got a family from working at SaveMart
Multipurpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 15, 2018
I got some lifelong friends from working at SaveMart. My coworkers were what made the job tolerable. I was able to become a cashier a year after being hired as a courtesy clerk. But my managers were kind of terrible and treated certain people certain ways. Being at the bottom of the totem pole sucked, especially with senior cashiers who were being payed 2x to 3x times more than me. They got whatever they wanted while I got whatever was left. Standing all day isn’t fun but being let out on the floor was a nice escape. Whenever we did store promotions for pans and stuff: the literal worst. And being forced to try and recruit people for our card was awful. But! I wouldn’t change anything about my experience though. I learned a lot and I actually did have some fun.
Pros
Great coworkers, good breakroom
Cons
Short breaks, standing all day, management
A good part time job
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 15, 2018
Not a bad place for a job, I'd recommend Savemart to anybody who needs a part time job. The pay is ok and most of the coworkers are nice to work with. For the most part Savemart has its ups and downs, but overall it's a nice place to work.
Pros
flexible schedule, works with school
Cons
limited hours, weather conditions
Challenging
Liquor Manager, Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 13, 2018
This job offered a lot of opportunity if you were willing to where the hats of five people without the added monetary compensations. I was doing the job of four to five people on any given day because I was flexible and willing to learn anything. I also was adaptable. That was the only way you could be guaranteed 40 hours was if you learned a lot and could jump in where ever there was a need flawlessly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
New challenge everyday
Dont ever work here
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 12, 2018
Savemart was the worst place I have ever worked. The company and management is worst and couldn't care less about you as a person. And just care if they are making money
Cons
everything
happy place to work
Courtesy Clerk/florist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
very fast paced work environment, always full time work, family work environment, room for advancement, Company is competitive and constantly growing.
Low pay.
Everything (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2018
Low pay for high cost of living in Bay area. Management micromanages all day long. They expect to much of you for little pay. When I was working there I was running the show and wouldn't promote me. Instead after a while of doing managers job at lower level wages they layed me off. Which was the best thing that could have happened to me because now I make over 100k a year working at a stable job.
Pros
You get to work in a/c
Cons
Pay, managers, etc
its alright
front clerk/night manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 29, 2018
not bad but not good try to leave and find better. company is going to close a few stores, management needs better training. lack of integrity in the workplace a lot of favoritism
benefits
Cons
various schedule
fun work place
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2018
Sometimes it was stressfull, i love it because i love to please the customers. Makes me feel good. Good working enviroment. management was good. learn a lot about MTM services
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressfull sometimes
great job
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 26, 2018
great environment and very educational! i really enjoyed working there ! when i had worked there als the other staff were kind and helpful when we helped the clients and worked in a team effort :)
Great Place To Work
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 26, 2018
This Job was one of the best places ive ever worked it has tons of room for advancement to move up the people who i worked with are really nice and easy to work with, they teach very well the managers are fantastic at their jobs i believe this would be a great place to work for as a career
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Union, Heath Care, 401k options
Cons
I do not have any cons
Great
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 25, 2018
Save Mart SuperMarkets is company with lot of loyal employees. I saw people working atleast for 15 years and more. People are really nice to work with and with great humour. Learnt a lot from their experience
Fun experience
Cashier / Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I learned that there was a lot that went into running a grocery store and after working in almost every department I'm glad I learned as much as I did with SaveMart.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay rate, working on holidays
Unreliable hours, high stress, lots of drama
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Unpleasant place to work. Employers do not care about employees, minimal benefits, hostile work environment, and lazy employees. Hard work is rewarded only with more work.
Pros
Works around availability.
Cons
Lack of hours, poor management.
Return Items
Returned Items Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Process payments, research return items, research return WIC's, balance bank accounts, answer phones, the job responsible was a lot of research for each stores
Busy but Productive atmosphere
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in the deli department. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helping the customers. I got really good at slicing and holding deli meat in my hand and feeling the weight of it. I helped my supervisor unload the shipments of the day. I also enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part of working there was my schedule. Needing to work weekends.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
schedule
Back breaking
Mechanic/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 11, 2018
This place is not a healthy place to work if you want to work there just know there Union is owned by company and they are self insured so if you get hurt you most likely will not be paid.
Pros
Cool inside
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save Mart Supermarkets.

Powered by Comparably