Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Going down
Not Provided (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Company is struggling financially. They are WAY behind technologically and are trying to improve but don't have the money to invest in new software or training. If there is training it is totally online. No travel to conferences or offsite training. Want a certification related to your job, forget it.

Super nice people to work with. Didn't meet a single bad person while working there.

Chances are they will be out of business or absorbed within 5-10 years. They are limping along but can't compete because they are so far behind.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No money, job security is none existent
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McGehee, ARFebruary 21, 2019
The job overall is ok if you weigh the pros and cons but to me the job is not worth working. minimum wage and not enough hours. The manager at the store i worked for was never direct with things often leaving me wondering how to do things that I later figured out on my own or from a co worker.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay. Not enough hours.Poor management.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2019
Savemart pharmacy made false promises, went back on their word, cut hours, and had no sight for building a strong pharmacy for the future. They had no advertising or marketing plan in place for the pharmacy to help build a strong pharmacy. Lay out of the was not conducive for good pharmacy business. It was in a location where guests or customers couldn't find us which made us not readily accessible. Even after being open a year people did not know/realize the store had a pharmacy (even doctors.)
Fun & fast paced
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Dont make much money here unless u been working here for a while veey little houra available and the employees are unprofessional. It is a fun job from time to time i have made friends but its not a fun place to work
Working the people there was a lot of fun
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 9, 2019
Typical days were good and hard paced.
Manager was the worst ive ever had to work with.
I learned that job was good but also a living nightmare.
It was miserable working there
Exciting local based company
Category Analysis and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Created and maintained grocery store schematics. Worked with buyers and outside vendors to grow category sales with new items and analyze internal sales for removing existing items.
Pros
local business
Cons
competative market
Productive workplace where you feel special
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Very enjoyable place to work.
Most of the employees are happy and enjoy their work as well. Mostly everyone has their own roles, be it working with customers, up front. Working in the deli bakery (as I did) and being that we all have roles it makes everyone special in their own way. And important to the company
Great Job
Bakery Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 31, 2019
The job was easy, but at times stressful. It was a great place to start and I gained a lot of customer service skills. The people I worked with were awesome and the regular customers were amazing.
Great store to work for, positive responsiablities and likeable co workers wonderful customers
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Greeting customers with a smile, Handling food and following all sanitation guide lines, working with a wide variety of people. Great manager. always happy to jump in and help when needed. The environment in Save Mart is very pleasant and enjoyable to be around. I cant say there was a hard part of the job, I took every opportunity to grow and use my hard working ethics and skills to better the store in whole.
Pros
discount on sandwiches
A Great Place To Work
Service Specialist, Savemart, Riverbank (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Savemart in Riverbank was a great store to work at. My duties as a service clerk/specialist were to bag groceries, sweep floors, gather carts, and assist customers. I had a great time working for Savemart.
good first job to go into
Service specialist, cashier, produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89523January 21, 2019
it is a good first job just to get a career experience but i don't recommend staying there unless you go for management because the pay isn't as good unless you go into management
Pros
works around school
Cons
not good benefits, pay is little low, and the schedule changes every week not a set schedule
family type of enviornment but managment didn't get the memo
Accounts Receivable Deals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Loved my co workers, the pay was not bad, decent benefits and good HR,
AR Managment was a nightmare and inadequate
Took away best health care and charged us for it.
poor managment
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 16, 2019
i feel as though i was not being treated fairly. the boss had many favorites that got away with all types of infractions that i was made accountable for.
Pros
close to home
Cons
people get too personal with eachother
Great co-workers and works with schedules
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CA 95366January 9, 2019
I worked a busy schedule right when I clock in I had a list of things I needed to work on and touch up throughout the day and if I could not complete in 8 hours I had to stay over and finish, which rarely happened.

I have been trained in handling all product cook, and uncooked. I learned how to properly sell and answer any questions asked. If I did not know the answer I asked a manager or a coworker to assist me.

Through the 3 years I worked for Savemart I have had only two managers I had trouble with.My store Manager would make false promises and would not work with me or give me a sense of trust. My new Meat Manger would throw more work on me because he felt that he didn't need to do them, while the previous manager would have finish said work before I even clocked in.

The hardest part of my job had to be training new employees and taking inventory on a short time-frame.

I enjoyed working with all my coworkers, if I had any questions they were always glad to assist me and teach me about what I didn't know.
Pros
Good enviroment great job
Cons
Management seemed to not care about their employees
Poor management
"Multi-Purpose Clerk", and Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 22, 2018
- Harassed by the store management by getting denied desired work hours despite explanation of family tragedy

- Fluctuating hours due to the management's "personal discipline", and was not instructed by higher officials

- Harassed verbally behind closed doors

- Hostile work environment between management, (i.e. aggressive confrontation)

- Assigned to do dangerous tasks that violate terms to OSHA and the USDA, and that had the potential to cause bodily harm
good way to help people
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CADecember 17, 2018
this is honestly a great job to have you get paid every week, they give good hours, but sometimes they don't work with the hours you need off (school). you meet new people. but ive gained to not enjoy this job as time passes.
Pros
10% off shopping
Cons
not fond of rude customers
Save Mart Experience
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CA 95901December 16, 2018
Easy work but stressful at times depending on situations. Most of the customers you get are usually nice. Hard at times to adapt to work schedule since mine was always changing. Good temporary job for young people. I liked the people there and customers but not the work flow as much.
Pros
Employees are nice, familiar faces every now and then cause of customers that shop there.
Cons
Benefits don't help much, Stressful sometimes depending on position.
Good place for students
SERVICE SPECIALIST, BAKERY/SERVICE DELI ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 14, 2018
This is a good place for students to work if they are looking for part time positions with varied hours. Starting as a grocery bagger allows for varied hours and flexible shifts. The other employees there all try and help each other out to make the day go by as stress free as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours and shifts
Cons
Can be stressful at times with management pressure during busy times.
Fun place
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CADecember 12, 2018
Savemart is a good job should pay more
They should care more about the employees
And pay more and get better raises
Have better hours schedule. And more
Fast Past work environment, always active
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 10, 2018
Save Mart allowed me to have customer service experience while also training me to work at a fast past level, always being attentive to the customers and providing a remarkable shopping experience by assisting to their needs.
Pros
Discount Groceries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save Mart Supermarkets.

Powered by Comparably