Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Fast Past work environment, always active
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 10, 2018
Save Mart allowed me to have customer service experience while also training me to work at a fast past level, always being attentive to the customers and providing a remarkable shopping experience by assisting to their needs.
Pros
Discount Groceries
Electronic Funds Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 7, 2018
Fun place to work, management was involved and concerned in daily issues. Fair and equitable to all employed. A good work life balance while employed.
Decent workplace
BAKERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 30, 2018
SaveMart is a good company to work for. Compensation is decent. The benefits are great. Hours to work vary on department you work in. Management is well
Low pay. Not much appreciation .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 10, 2018
As a grocery store, Save Mart is a good chain but it is very hard to support yourself with the low pay and hours. Dealing with the public has it's rewards but also many challenges. Many managers are not very supportive of any life outside of the store. I had to fight with one of my managers to get the hours I needed because I had to get my kids home from school before I could work.
Pros
Closer job to home. More locations.
Cons
Not enough pay.
No career advancement
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 10, 2018
Management plays favoritisms. Too much to do in a very little time. Stressful due to their polocy of "No over time." The only positve side is the coworkers!
Pros
Emplyee discounts
Cons
Too many
never worked here.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 9, 2018
I worked for csc with the savemart center not at the store savemart. I was a security guard for the savemart center called Csc in Fresno California. CSC is for security,
Pros
security guard was fun
Cons
no health care, less pay
Great
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CA 95969November 6, 2018
I worked for them for 6years they were awesome. I worked my way up from service specialist to night crew lead. They were fair ad gave great benefits. And the hours were great
Good work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Polkville N.C.October 19, 2018
Was a great place to work and had good leadership in its ownership wonderful customer base and all around good environment for working in on a daily basis
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short break times
Can be a difficult place to work
Warehouse order selector (Current Employee) –  Roseville Distribution CenterOctober 18, 2018
Women: The warehouse position pay 24.75 hr. The management has created a production standard that discludes women completely. After almost 30 years of operations there is not a single female warehouse worker that was hired to this facility and has been successful. There are only two female warehouse workers in the facility both of which came from the San Leandro facility after 20 years of service. So they never had to meet the standard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Gender discrimination
Used to be a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 15, 2018
When I first got hired back in 2004, Save Mart could have been a career but today it can only be considered a job. Due to a weak Union, pay, incentives and benefits have decreased. Even with promotions, I am making less then I did 10 years ago due to everything that has been taken away. To move up in this company you have to know the right people. It is like this in most companies, however, Save Mart created a new promotion process that is supposed to make it objective but I have seen first hand that this is not the case and managers can work around these steps to promote who they like. It is also a rotating schedule and you shifts can vary week to week. It is expected that you will have to work weekends, nights and holidays which creates a negative work / life balance.
Stay away at all costs
Cake Decorator bakery deli clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 15, 2018
If your goal is to put years of hard work into a place that treats it's employees horrible and get verbally abused and disrespected everyday when you go to work then this company is for you! Employees who have been here for years are all fleeing like it's the plague and corporate dose nothing about it management is allowed to treat employees how ever they want with no repercussions.and if you ecpect to be paid correctly for over time or your hours worked your gonna have to find another company as well. I used to love my job and this used to be an amazing company to work for and now it's the worst!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Failing company - don't know how to treat people
Senior Managment (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 9, 2018
Outdated policies, infrastructure, poor leadership and no innovation will lead to the ultimate failure of the business. It was not a supportive work environment and politics were the rule of law. There are very few that survive who really care about the success of the company or people who do the work.
Pros
Employee discount, cost effective benefits
Cons
Politics, poor leadership, outdated infrastructure and polices
great place fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  newyorkOctober 1, 2018
well it changes your every day work schedule what I mean is you may have different times every time you are schedule I don't know I don't work their.
Pros
your in a profession were people are happy and excited
Cons
The number of hours you may get in a week like example maybe 5 hours for a week
Productive, fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 24, 2018
I love working for Save Mart Supermarket the job was great plenty of room for advancement when available. Your on your feet a lot but I love fast pace and multi tasking.
Pros
Great work environment, room to advance
Cons
Mentally and physically draining.
Productive and great people to work with
Service specialist (Current Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 22, 2018
It’s a job that requires hard work and great customer service with outstanding management! Great environment to work in as long as you are a likeable person
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work, requires team work and a smile on your face
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 21, 2018
Save mart was the best first job I could possibly start with straight out of high school. Save mart helped me establish and experience a variety of skills, especially customer service!!!!. Great Job highly recommend!!!!.
Pros
weekly pay, great health insurance, union, 401k, and more oppurtunities
Cons
The schdule is not consitant, and hours fluctuate
Taking advantage of foreign students
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nevada County, CASeptember 19, 2018
1. Salaries were under the local average, which got them to only hiring subpar people.
2. They took advantage of foreign student by paying them less than the rest of the employees
Work and Travel
Asistente de cocina (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
El poco tiempo que estuve trabajando con ellos fue muy nutritivo y enriquecedor a nivel laboral. Excelente ambiente de trabajo.
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 17, 2018
Savemart is an environment where you can be yourself and open up. Hard work is appreciated and looked at for review by your supervisor. When they see that your doing a good job you can move up in the company
Beginning career
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, CASeptember 13, 2018
This was a job that I took as a temporary job, not a very easy place for advancement and the staff at that time was not fair. Now it is a great place and more opportunities of advancement.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save Mart Supermarkets.

Powered by Comparably