Save the Children Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good child focused agency
Program Development & Quality Unit (Director) (Former Employee) –  SudanJune 26, 2018
I had a line up of good bosses at the regional office and national office. Systems could be improved. Gives good learning opportunities due to size and breadth of programs.
Pros
Spread very wide in terms of geographical coverage and program coverage.
Cons
Weak systems
it was very fun and encouraging
Volunteer in Zaatari Refugee Camp (Former Employee) –  jordan mnJune 20, 2018
I learned the importance of volunteer work and teamwork , Enjoy when you see the smile on the faces of their help, a wonderful team and organization with a wonderful working environment
Horrible work/Life balance
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 18, 2018
Save HQ in Fairfield, CT is a terrible place to work. Their “continuous work policy” requires you to work if you are awake, including working weekends. Pay is terrible and there’s absolutely no work/life balance. Management is downright cruel. We had a “crying room” stocked with tissues. It took me a few months to work up to being able to wait until I got home to cry. There’s no training and the expectations to perform from day 1 are unrealistic. I stayed for 6 months until I could find a better job! The company is basically full of ignorant bright-eyed 20-something millennials who have no families and are willing to work 14 plus hour days for very low pay. Most Managers only have BA degrees. I have a MA degree with over a decade of Director level experience but was offered an entry Manager position with the promise to move up quickly, but it didn’t take long to see that there’s little chance to move up.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Awful management, overly corporate environment
Executive and fun place to work at
Application Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTMay 25, 2018
A typical day of work would start with a status meeting directed by the project manager. Tasks and schedule was reviewed and adjusted to meet priorities and goals.
People at the workplace were very friendly and eager to share experiences on such a diverse environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work remotely in hours in which the central equipment was very fast; and help from supervisors was always available. The level of collaboration between remote programmers was magnificent and that helped to keep a very efficient team.
Pros
Ability to work remotely. Latest technology equipment and software.
Cons
None to be mention
good
Advocacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2018
Definitely learned a lot and got to meet many people that inspired me. Everyone was so kind and giving and there were many lectures that were educational.
Great experiences with working with children / families.
EHS M H& D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianola, MSMay 21, 2018
This Head Start program like many other HS programs has it pros and cons. Experience has taught me to learn from mistakes and accept what cant be changed individually. The experiences gained from working with children and families who is accepting of the help provided is wonderful.
Pros
Great benefits, hours and opportunity to serve children and families
Cons
various program challenges.
Volunteer Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 14, 2018
Coworkers and management was always good, we worked on various projects together raising funds for charitable causes and everyone was always upbeat and positive.
Educational, enjoyable
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARMay 1, 2018
If you love children and want to teach, this job is a great start. Working here has helped me get my CDA and made me realize that I want to further my education to become a teacher.
Pros
Teaching children
Cons
not getting out at the end of May and having a paid summer.
Work environment was inconsistent with work ethics
Family Service Coordinator for Head Start (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSApril 11, 2018
Policies and procdures were not consistent with work practice. Employees were not accountable and did not follow chain of command. Managers were not supportive of all staff.
It’s very helpful job
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Former Employee) –  HargeisaApril 7, 2018
Saving the children around the world is very important specially the educated people who have their own experiences , mostly talking to save the Children in Hargeisa when they advertise a job on websites they never check the cvs of the appliances .They only pick the known people weather that have the education or not.
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Healthy care

Want to know more about Save the Children?

Ask a question
Great work environment and everyone treats everyone like family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 20, 2018
Everyone working at Save is treated like family, and the work culture is very relaxed. Everyone talks to each other to make sure that nobody feels alone in the office space. The hardest part of my recent position of a Call Rep, was to try to answer each question the donor had about our organization without any help from my managers, but the most enjoyable part of the day was hearing the satisfaction of the donors voice when you helped them with the issue that they were calling about.

Everybody in the office is super helpful and everyone is willing to lend a hand when needed
Pros
relaxed work environment when most work is completed
Cons
Short lunch breaks due to working in call center
canvassing
canvassar (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2018
canvassing is fun you meet a lot of people. you do get turned down alot. it takes a lot of mental energy. you have to stay focused and positive. you will get maybe 1 to 5 yes' a day.
Excellent place to work
Data and Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 5, 2018
Excellent place to work.
A typical day is very busy.Excellent place to work.
Management is very experienced.
Fellow workers are very cooperative.
Sometimes tight timelines
Good work life balance.
A great place to work
Coordinator, Digital Production (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were helping those in need every day. The hardest part of the job was working effectively with minimal budget and resources.
Good place to work. Great opportunity
School Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 10, 2018
I love this job, was my own boss. Helped others in this job. Coworkers were enjoyable and easy to get along with. Manager was an overall good manager.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security
Save the Children was a awesome place to work. You are allow to do your job as well as allowed to voice your opinion. You recommendations are always t
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 8, 2018
Save the Children believe in their workers and they appreciate your input. They never micro manage, but encourage you to always put your best foot forward. They believe providing all stars with any needed training.
Cons
Varied responsibilities, great team, relaxed atmosphere
Coordinator,Gift Processing Global Sponsorship (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 7, 2018
I was given a variety of projects and enjoyed the many opportunities I had to train and work independently. Though a temp I was part of a great team of people that had worked out great systems that increased revenue for the company with a banner year.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No openings for advancement on this team
Amazing group of people rolls to work with.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Be passionate about the campaign. Most important thing is to have fun. San Diego office is amazing! Solid crew, best people you’ll be working with. Be on time
Ok job
Center Director/ Family Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72802January 26, 2018
It is a great job job vacation time with children. It pays poorly, that is the reason why i am looking for another job. I do recomend the job if you do not really need the income.
cheese
School Level Trainer (Former Employee) –  bamyan cityJanuary 23, 2018
it was good job but it was temporary, i learned good teaching and lecturer . and good management and it's culture has accordance to my culture and it was enjoyable job for me.
Pros
free luche
Cons
short break