Save the Children Employee Reviews

Educational, enjoyable
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARMay 1, 2018
If you love children and want to teach, this job is a great start. Working here has helped me get my CDA and made me realize that I want to further my education to become a teacher.
Pros
Teaching children
Cons
not getting out at the end of May and having a paid summer.
Work environment was inconsistent with work ethics
Family Service Coordinator for Head Start (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSApril 11, 2018
Policies and procdures were not consistent with work practice. Employees were not accountable and did not follow chain of command. Managers were not supportive of all staff.
It’s very helpful job
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Former Employee) –  HargeisaApril 7, 2018
Saving the children around the world is very important specially the educated people who have their own experiences , mostly talking to save the Children in Hargeisa when they advertise a job on websites they never check the cvs of the appliances .They only pick the known people weather that have the education or not.
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Healthy care
Great work environment and everyone treats everyone like family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 20, 2018
Everyone working at Save is treated like family, and the work culture is very relaxed. Everyone talks to each other to make sure that nobody feels alone in the office space. The hardest part of my recent position of a Call Rep, was to try to answer each question the donor had about our organization without any help from my managers, but the most enjoyable part of the day was hearing the satisfaction of the donors voice when you helped them with the issue that they were calling about.

Everybody in the office is super helpful and everyone is willing to lend a hand when needed
Pros
relaxed work environment when most work is completed
Cons
Short lunch breaks due to working in call center
canvassing
canvassar (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2018
canvassing is fun you meet a lot of people. you do get turned down alot. it takes a lot of mental energy. you have to stay focused and positive. you will get maybe 1 to 5 yes' a day.
Excellent place to work
Data and Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 5, 2018
Excellent place to work.
A typical day is very busy.Excellent place to work.
Management is very experienced.
Fellow workers are very cooperative.
Sometimes tight timelines
Good work life balance.
A great place to work
Coordinator, Digital Production (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were helping those in need every day. The hardest part of the job was working effectively with minimal budget and resources.
Good place to work. Great opportunity
School Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 10, 2018
I love this job, was my own boss. Helped others in this job. Coworkers were enjoyable and easy to get along with. Manager was an overall good manager.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security
Save the Children was a awesome place to work. You are allow to do your job as well as allowed to voice your opinion. You recommendations are always t
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 8, 2018
Save the Children believe in their workers and they appreciate your input. They never micro manage, but encourage you to always put your best foot forward. They believe providing all stars with any needed training.
Cons
Varied responsibilities, great team, relaxed atmosphere
Coordinator,Gift Processing Global Sponsorship (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 7, 2018
I was given a variety of projects and enjoyed the many opportunities I had to train and work independently. Though a temp I was part of a great team of people that had worked out great systems that increased revenue for the company with a banner year.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No openings for advancement on this team
Amazing group of people rolls to work with.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Be passionate about the campaign. Most important thing is to have fun. San Diego office is amazing! Solid crew, best people you’ll be working with. Be on time
Ok job
Center Director/ Family Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72802January 26, 2018
It is a great job job vacation time with children. It pays poorly, that is the reason why i am looking for another job. I do recomend the job if you do not really need the income.
cheese
School Level Trainer (Former Employee) –  bamyan cityJanuary 23, 2018
it was good job but it was temporary, i learned good teaching and lecturer . and good management and it's culture has accordance to my culture and it was enjoyable job for me.
Pros
free luche
Cons
short break
Rewarding workplace
Spring Humanitarian Award Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2018
I loved working at Save the Children. The staff are very friendly, and were very welcoming even to me, as an intern. I had the opportunity to network with a lot of people while I was there, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Great Place to Work
Interim Manager, Prospect Research (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Save the Children is a great place to work. Culturally diverse and the benefits a great. There was much thought that went into employee well being. Lots of great opportunities to help people around the world either up close and personal or behind the scenes.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Cafe
Save The Children
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
My typical work day required: entering data,answering phones, scheduling appointments and sending out emails. I enjoyed working for this company but it was only for a short term period.
Pros
good staff, great pay
Cons
Location of job
The mission of Save the Children motivates the work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 10, 2017
Save the Children is an organization dedicated to improve the lives of children around the world and in the USA. They are committed to do what ever it takes.
well balanced environment. Nice culture
Coordinator, High Value Gift Processing, Finance (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 27, 2017
well balanced environment. Nice culture, good colleagues, great mission. The hardest part of the job is when dealing with world emergencies such as hurricanes, earthquakes...
Short term position at SC US
Short-term Coordinator of Psychosocial Programs (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2017
Not a lot of opportunity to meet other people, you have to seek them out on your own time and network. Very competitive for job positions, high levels of experience and technical expertise are sought after by organization
productive place
Campaign Field Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
good experience if you want to work in the marketing world of NYC. is good for college graduates, for people they know how to stop people in NYC and ask for money, donations sustainable donations.
Pros
week end off
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save the Children. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2