Savers Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 2,251 reviews
Great enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 25, 2019
Working at savers during halloween is always an adventure. They work hard to make everyday fun for employees and the customers. I would definitely work for this company again if they raised their salary.
Pros
Set breaks
Cons
Salary
Inadequate work life balance
NEW ENGLAND ADS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New EnglandMarch 25, 2019
Inadequate work life balance with typical week at 70 hours with scheduled duties 7 days a week. Work load is constantly added to with no regard to time commitment or impact on current work load or personal obligations.
Productive friendly work place
Customer sevice/Production team member (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 24, 2019
The team members are a wonderful group to deal with. The work is physical but you are able to do the work and feel good at the end of the day. You are able to meet the most wonderful customers the frequent the store.
Good workplace, and fellow employees, less than Ideal management
Donation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAMarch 21, 2019
The workplace was great, the Donation center was unpredictable with the amount of traffic, but the coworkers were very willing to help when things got backed up. There were many times however when management seemed to not understand what everyone's jobs were, and would assign tasks that were either against what your job duties were when you still had those, or just completely unreasonable. I would recommend this as a job, but not as a long term solution, unless management has drastically changed since then.
Pros
Work environment
Not fun
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 21, 2019
Savers is a well known company for a for-profit, global thrift retailer. It has decent prices and a lot of clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. that customers can choose from. A typical day at Savers well it depends on the days. There were days they were really busy such as on 50% off days and days they were slow.
The management was awful. They would talk to employees and customers rudely with no respect. Very unorganized. I didn't enjoy working there at all. For the 3 years that I was there I learned a lot about how to treat and help motivate my other co workers. I learnt how to close out my register at the end of the day.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
short breaks, unfair, not enough hours, favoritism, disrespectful
Terrible workplace, favoritism, racism
New Bedford - Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2019
I was getting verbally abused by both managers of the store and being given less fun tasks because of how different I was. I was made fun of for my mental illness of pulling my hair out and stuttering. I “cared” too much about customers which isn’t a thing in my book. Customer service is extremely important.
Good entry level job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 17, 2019
Predictable hours and good people. There are quotas to achieve and the sorting and pricing keeps you busy. Expected to help customers with merchandise whenever needed.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement
Savers Sucks
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAMarch 14, 2019
Bad managers. Very bad managers.I hated it there. Super stressful and unrewarding. If you like being mentally and emotionally abused, work at Savers in Hanover.
It was a fun work place,easy work,Nice manegers.
Shoe sorter,And roller (Former Employee) –  Savers is on Boston Post Road in Orange CT.March 14, 2019
My job was sorting the shoes and rolling them out to the floor. And then making sure the shoes were in order by color. I loved working there. Everyone pretty much got along to.On sale days it would be more work. But I didn't mine at all.And if there were cloths are anything on the floor,I would pick them up. And put them in there rightful places.
Pros
When there was a sale. We would get treated to lunch.
Cons
Don't take days off. Even if they say you can
Extremely fast paced--lots of energy
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 14, 2019
Good company, not for everyone--income and increases are poor. Company is rebuilding a few key functions to improve for the future, but can't make a solid income to support family
Pros
Great discounts and incoming product is excellent
Cons
salary

Want to know more about Savers?

Ask a question
Awful Place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 14, 2019
Whoever thought tuesday thru saturday is a good schedule needs some help. This was my most boring job i've ever had. Eight hours of standing and pressing buttons... It's very clear that corporate has never worked a day in production their entire lives, mostly because of the policy of no headphones.
Working there was okay
Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 13, 2019
Working At Savers was a great . The employees was nice everybody got along with everybody . the only thing about that store is they put everything on the shelf that came in rather it was dirty or not .
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
They was on your back for everything
Buena empresa
Sorter and Packe. Roller pricer cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 13, 2019
Muy buen ambiente laboral. Muchas actividades respeto y valores entre los colaboradores
Pros
Hay buena seguridad
Cons
Muy pocos empleados para las areas
CDC Ambassador/ Production (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 11, 2019
Cdc is about taking donations from the community, from small bags of clothes to big trucks full of pianos and stuff. Youd have to know what to do with everything and safely unload it from their car
Experience entirely dependent on manager
Mid Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 9, 2019
Company talks the talk and has no clue about how to walk the walk. Standards and policies should be enforced equally and applied to management as well. Management should be evaluated on more than just profits. Management should be required to explain how each department contributes to success of company.

Changes in management can result in huge changes in work experience, customer experience, donor experience and store appearance. Senior management does not care. Stores can be quite bigoted as well.
Pros
Good deeds in theory
Cons
Very secretive & major changes occur without warning
Savers provides great training
Retail Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMarch 8, 2019
My opportunity at Savers allowed me to use my creativity and customer service skills to better arrange and manage the entire floor of the store. My focus in my role was to ensure customer service meet/beat the Savers standards!
Pros
Fun staff, able to be creative
Cons
Stressing over our store front going into foreclosure
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 8, 2019
on a typical day started at the cash register and checked people out, would go around and pick up clothes and put them on the hangers so the store would look nice
productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMarch 8, 2019
typical day at work consists of meeting new people and interacting.
you always learn something new at savers.
management is good, under control.
workplace culture is great.
hardest part of the job - it really wasn't all that difficult but if i had to choose one hard thing it would be some upset costumers.
most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
Job more difficult than anticipated
Halloween Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2019
The management did not communicate enough with employees and was not positive. Everyone was working too hard and was stressed out. The employee room was not big enough.
Fast paced environment.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 6, 2019
First thing was opening the drawers and counting money in the safe. When all was verified as correct, I would do the daily deposit and change order. When financial obligations were met I would instruct the store be opened for business. I learned good customer service, how to deal with vendors. The hardest part of the job was watching the theft of product from customers. The best part was a lot of one on one with a lot of different people.
Pros
employee discount.
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight