Savers Employee Reviews

Found 1,266 reviews matching the search See all 2,343 reviews
Used to have a great value, vibe, and used to have communication!
Casheir (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 22, 2019
Scene I started working at Savers, it has been going down hill during 2017 and crazy bad after 2018. It hasn't gotten any better with the (new) store manager. Savers, used to be a great place to work at. The benefits still there, and paid vacation. Very short staffed, stressful, environment, lack of productive new employees.. no longer a team effort, and everyone is in a bad mood..

The only good outcome is, you get benefits, overtime, paid vacations, and employee discounts.
Great staff and management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 17, 2019
The overall work place was nice. Complaints got heard and fixed. Working here is nice, you get to know the workers quickly and it’s like a big family.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Communication
Calm and fair place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 14, 2019
Hours are consistent and also flexible. Very hands on training and management team is small. Possibility to move up. Everyone works as a team and is held accountable for tasks not completed so you're not stuck doing someone else's job too.
Pros
Consistent lunch
Cons
repetitive tedious tasks
Productive but lacking
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
Days were busy regardless of your position. Always something to do. I learned a great many tasks but no matter how many positions i was trained in i never received a pay increase appropriate to the amount i learned. Sometimes it was stressful due to people calling off and someone having to fill in on top of doing their normal job but it is what it is. Hardest part of the job was making minimum wage even though i had been trained in most if not all of the non management and supervisory positions, even getting my forklift certification did not get me a pay increase.
Pros
relaxed on good days, hyper busy on bad days
Cons
poor compensation in compared to amount of training and work
my 2nd thrift store job...and my last!!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2019
low morale among most of employees--bullying in workplace from management AND employees. Hours can be changed by corporate on a whim and with no notice and its mandatory (happened 6 times in 3 yrs ). Alot of favoritism! Told to lie to customers about unsold items about recycling them--many are thrown away-So Wasteful!

my first thrift store experience was excellent and fun but after working at savers..will never work or donate to another thrift store again! I rather donate to worthy charities myself!
Pros
some nice customers
Cons
terrible management, favoritism, way too much drama, low pay
Easy job, pay could have been better
Crew Member/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 5, 2019
Working there was easy, as the people there are very outgoing. Made a few friends there and still talk to them to this day. Old customers were terrible therefore our customer service was exceptional. Many would want discounts that they are not eligible for, but the managers always had your back.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Customers are chill, yet there are few terrible ones
I enjoyed my coworkers everyone was friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 5, 2019
Although I enjoyed the people that I worked with and it was a good company to work for, there can be quite a bit of shoplifting that goes on and that was frustrating for me. It was also difficult with my school schedule to get out of work at 11 and drive 25 miles home.
Pros
10% off everything
Cons
Too far from home
Productive , very fun job
Clothes Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHJune 2, 2019
Loves to work at savers. Never had a job like it . Managers and others team members were very kind and made the day go by alot faster . I give this job 5 stars .
Pros
Easy work .
Cons
No cons .
Love the company! Sioux Falls management though...
Operations staff (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 1, 2019
Absolutely loved the staff, Savers as a company, and the job. The management group at this store was not one employees could easily grow with unless you were part of the "clique".
Pros
Discounts, job with goals that strives to make a difference
Cons
Management team
job was fun
Supervisor, Production (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 1, 2019
Savers was a fun place to work for. dealing with the customers was a joy for me. The pay was not great, and some management seemed clueless on what their doing.
Great place to make a difference
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJune 1, 2019
Cultural beliefs are wonderful you really feel like you are making a difference in the world by working here. Great team I felt very valued by the management and upper management as well most times. Yes it can be stressful but it is retail and that's generally a thing anywhere.
Pros
Help make the world a better place. Fun team to work with
Cons
Stressful at times, could be understaffed with call outs
Dont think about it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 1, 2019
Horrible place! You like it at first and then you realize there is nothing but drama and people love to complain. You defiantly dont get pais enough for the work yoi do.
Not a good place to work if you want to be respected
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 28, 2019
Savers aka Slavers they have no respect for their employees the work there is exhausting constant body aches and the pay sucks. They cut hours even though your suppose to work a set 40 hour schedule.
Pros
Employee discount, working the day shift
Cons
Short breaks, management sucks
Great Co worker
CDC Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2019
Great place to work really great customers just management will not listen to your opinions. was a great company for awhile to the new manager came in
Pros
Great Co worker
Cons
Manager don't listen to suggestions
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 27, 2019
Building closed a year or so after I left. They got rid of all the main managers who were understanding and made it less stressful and replaced it with managers who didn't care about staffs well being. Pay was very low for amount of work you were required to do in production.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Stressful
Great company with good people
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 26, 2019
I have worked for Savers for two years now and I’ve enjoyed most of it. My coworkers and most of my managers are great people that can have fun and tell jokes every now and again. The pay is low but it’s a thrift store, what do you expect. I make $11.50 now because they do annual percentage raises depending on your work ethics. The company itself values hiring from without for management and I could have become a manager by now but I did not want the stress. Savers is also extremely big into recycling the product that comes through and doing better for the environment. The discount is also 50% for most items so that’s amazing.
Pros
Great company, always something new, awesome discounts, nice coworkers
Cons
Low wage, some strict rules
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDMay 25, 2019
I enjoyed working for savers but towards the ending they weren't paying me on time. I had to go through alot to get paid and still to this day the company owes me money.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
They dont pay you on time
Poor management/They over work you.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2019
My experience at savers was horrible. I worked for production, the managers were very rude, played favorites, the pay was okay but they do over work you.
Pros
Discounts, meeting new people
Cons
Poor management, stressful
Average workday
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 21, 2019
...Poor management... Unannounced lay-off...….Corprate treats employees with distain
Hours ok... Organization poor,duties pragmatic
And undefined...No sense of urgency
Best First Job I could have had
Lead Casheir/Operations (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 17, 2019
Savers provided me with an environment that taught me to be a hard worker. My managers and coworkers were like a little family to me and I never wanted to let them down. We strived to keep the store running during its final months, and when it came time to close the store for good, those of us who stayed to tear the place down and ship things out to the other Savers locations, we cried together. Savers is kind of whack at the corporate level, but the team environment and the individual store was The Place To Be.
Pros
adequate breaks, friends
Cons
corporate garbage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight