Savers Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search See all 2,146 reviews
nice enviroment not worth the pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 10, 2018
I worked there for a short time and didn't feel there was much of a career in that type of job in my future. I look towards owning my own businesses and learning skills i can use to one day be very successful and love what I do.
very poor managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 7, 2018
the job was fine but the pay and management were terrible, the customers were always rude and a where ever a problem came up the other workers never really helped out unless you were connected
Productive and Fun workplace with good customers
Sales Associate & Costume Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 7, 2018
I start my day by dressing up in a costume of my choice. Then I walk around the costume area giving out advice and tips for anyone looking to dress up for halloween. Sometimes I stand outside by the road flipping a sign to advertise our Halloween deals
Pros
Lunch breaks, good managers
Cons
Its work
savers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
over all just a awful job the worst job that i had , typical day at this place was stress, One thing good about this job i have met some good people...
Value Village
Volunteer Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  6528 Penn Ave S, Richfield, MN 55423November 28, 2018
Value Village is a calm decent work place. I taught me to work fast and slow due to retail sales and holidays. I also volunteered at Value Village also, but i learned more skills with there help in retail sales departments.
Pros
Reliable workers
Cons
Fast and slow confusing but, reliable
Friendly coworkers, busy work environment
CDC (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MANovember 27, 2018
The hardest part about working at this job was when it was raining because we would have to bring all the merchandise into storage carts to keep them from getting wet outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quick and easy closes. We would set up everything and organize the merchandise a couple hours before close so when the time came all we had to do was close up everything.
Pros
Leaving shifts on time
Cons
Having to carry a lot of merchandise in bad weather conditions
Love it but somtimes not
CSR/Cashier/tagger/roller (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 26, 2018
I really love this job love the people I work w and the customers ..love. The fast pace always busy always something to do... The only dwn side is the pay ...they should pay more cuz I feel that I almost just working to make a car payment and that's not enough for me ...not to mention if ur a good worker u should get paid better ...atleast eventually...but other than that it's a great place to work
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Pay...and u cant buy anything till its bn on da floor for atleast 48 hrs., cant even pay full price for it, which i think is just stupid.
Very Fast Paced
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 26, 2018
Making sure you meet the quota of the day
Pricing the clothing according to the value you feel it had
Going as fast as you can without many mistakes if any
Good place to work if you need a part time job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
Job is good if you can make it with $150 a week working only part time and you like people. Not recommended for people with disabilities as they don’t understand disabilities.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No healthcare, no insurance benefits
Productive, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CA 91006November 25, 2018
As a starting job for fresh out of high school people, I highly recommend. The friends you make along with interactions with your co workers is what makes this place enjoyable.
Neat job working with all sorts of donated goods
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 20, 2018
I worked both front and back at value village and being a cashier was my favorite. You get to see the most interesting things that customers find and let me tell you the customers who go thrifting are the best kind of customers! Working in the back sorting through donations was also interesting but at times disgusting and dangerous.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Mandatory overtime for production workers
Awesome work environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HINovember 18, 2018
This job is done in a timely matter. There is a certain amount of merchandise that needs to be processed, sorted and tagged to put out on the floor by the end of the shift. Staff takes time to make sure that you understand the rundown of each station. Management is awesome in making sure their employers are taken cared of.
Amazing organized but needs to work on Transportation issues
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 15, 2018
Savers was the hours were negotiable coworkers we're understanding you can get a lot done in 10 hours everything was organized and neat and clean everybody respected each other you can always rely on your co-workers to make you laugh and make sure that if you're having a rough day that you can get through the day with relative ease.
Stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 14, 2018
Managment is very rude they do not appreciate there employees they have favorites. They do not act fast enough when a problem is being brought to there attention.
Pros
Free lunches on sale days
Cons
Poor managment
Extremely fast paced and customer focused.
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 11, 2018
Savers is focused on keeping their customers happy. The work is extremely fast paced and the pay does not reflect that. They do however give discounts to employees and offer decent benefits. They try to keep an upbeat and positive work environment with incentives.
Productive busy job
Roller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2018
I was busy all the time moving back and forward all day long, I had to push karts full of items to stock up the sales floor during store hours and in the mornings I had the duty to clean the toy area to keep it neat and throw out old unsold items for recycle purposes to make space for new items.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Couldn’t buy new items as an employee
Love what Savers stands for!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working for a company that is helping keep thousands and thousands of pounds of clothing and household items out of landfills. Loved the management, loved the team atmosphere, and the customers. It was a great place to work.
disorganized and stressful
Books Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 6, 2018
Savers paid minimum wage and had unrealistic performance expectations. The management team was not qualified to lead and the work environment was not emotionally sustainable.
Pros
As a part time job, it is better than unemployment
Cons
the pay is insufficient to play bills and survive
Savers was a great place to work because the employees and the customers were very friendly and welcoming. The only downfall would be the low pay scal
Donor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 4, 2018
Although I did enjoy working at savers as a donation specialist, with great co workers and fanominal Management teams, II would have to say the only drawback or issue that I had with the company was the pay structure.
Pros
Friendly staff, pleasent work enviroment and excellent management team.
Cons
Not too many cond, the liw pay structure was difficult to adjust to.
how my day went of a work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MANovember 2, 2018
my shifts usually started off with cranky or angry managers and upset employees and customers complaining about management. my work was never seen as important as one who was older. the hardest part was probably dealing with the negative energy bu the easiest was cashier work and making sure the customers had a good experience in our site.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no breaks to 15 minute break if you meet regulations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight