Savers Employee Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 2,117 reviews
Productive but lacking
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
Days were busy regardless of your position. Always something to do. I learned a great many tasks but no matter how many positions i was trained in i never received a pay increase appropriate to the amount i learned. Sometimes it was stressful due to people calling off and someone having to fill in on top of doing their normal job but it is what it is. Hardest part of the job was making minimum wage even though i had been trained in most if not all of the non management and supervisory positions, even getting my forklift certification did not get me a pay increase.
Pros
relaxed on good days, hyper busy on bad days
Cons
poor compensation in compared to amount of training and work
It could be better
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2019
A typical day at work was clocking in, then hopping on the cash register or fixing up the store. I don't think I learned much from Savers besides how to be quicker at folding clothes (Since they don't provide plastic bags.) Management was unnecessarily rude/snappy. One manager was nicer sometimes, but thats 1 out of 3. The culture was okay. I didn't dislike most of my co-workers, but I never became more than acquainted with them. The hardest part of the job was just people being mean. One of the managers in particular was just rude all the time and yelling/demeaning the cashiers for no reason. Customers could also be very rude, but I think thats just retail. Another thing I wasn't a fan of was being on my feet all day. You're always doing something, breaks were 15 minutes and lunch was 30 minutes. It's just not for me, personally. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around clothes + the discounts. Being there everyday I get to keep an eye on all the things coming in, then buy it after its been out on the floor for a certain period of time. I personally love thrifting though, so if you don't... i suppose the best part of the job is getting paid... and the pay isn't that great.
Pros
Cheap clothes with 50% off
Cons
Management.
fun workplace and many employee discounts
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2018
it is enjoyable to have been an associate for company the gives back to the people, offers the best merchandise for second hand thrift store, and receive many employee discounts. The hardest part of the job is returning back to different departments when you are working in the fitting area-very fast paced
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
at times difficult to become a full time employee
savers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
over all just a awful job the worst job that i had , typical day at this place was stress, One thing good about this job i have met some good people...
positive working place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2018
I was able to manage my time to work and help the costumer when they need. Now this company try to save the mother Earth by not having a plastic bag which it hard for other if they have purchase a lot but eventually will be fine when they get to their car.
Pros
have 10 min break
Cons
only 30 minus Lunch.
productive work enviroment and changelling
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2018
Savers provides great experience in order to help the community through donations in order to support non profit partners. We always receive new items due to the level of donations we receive
Pros
annual review, merit increase
Cons
hours, lack of advacement due positions filled
Paid Treasure hunt
Production Worker/misel sorter (Former Employee) –  2230 E Tropicana Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Worked there 7 years got sick and they put me back at the bottom all over again.Management only cared about quota and not the employees.For Christmas they wrapped up donated items for christmas gifts to all employees.
Pros
2 paid breaks and 1/2 hour lunch, not paid
Cons
Fast paced:quotas
Na
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2018
Shipments unloading trucks processing product accounting for daily goals and numbers year to date. Sales tracking bank runs for change cashiering sales loss prevention. Training
Fun work environment.
Operations/cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
Laid back workplace. It isn't a serious job if you are looking for a career good for the moment, it isn't for a long term. Good place to start for retail experience.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
Great company to work for. I have the opportunity to partner with nonprofit organization’s almost every day to make positive contributions to the community I live in!
overall ok
Save a lot (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2018
not too shabby work up there since I needed job to earn $ to support myself and able provide me so mostly sorts clothes to see if it useful or not so.
Pros
flexable, along easy and respect each other
Cons
n/a
A stressful workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
The job is stressful and the pay is minimal. The company focuses on making the quota rather than the employees and their needs. I wouldn't recommend anyone apply.
Hard work for little money or recognition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
Very back and forth depending on management. Quotas, goals, expectations, etc are unattainable. They do great things for the community and non profits, but still a for profit company.
Pros
Discount, Insurance benefits
Cons
Salary, demand, lack of management
The good and bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
Savers is a good company but has a high turn around rate for employees. I enjoyed the staff and helping the costumers. I've made a lot of great friends thru Savers.
Pros
Fun people to work with, outgoing environment
Cons
no overtime
very fast paced work enviroment
install/helper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
the work load exceeded the pay. i should of been payed a quite a bit more then what i was given. i was very very over worked, but i worked very hard and never complained
cashier, and production
Production/Clothing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89130August 22, 2017
just not a good place to work i was there for five years it depends on the manager and it still then doesnt matter as much but does make it a little better i just started to hate it after awhile, and i do wish that it wasnt so bad but if you need a job really bad and this is the only place you can get for now then maybe take it and look for something else very quickly.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las vegas nvAugust 5, 2017
Loved working here had a set schedule which is always ideal. Coworkers and management where very friendly easy to get along with. Very fast paced work environment. Which I enjoy. Helps keep my busy.
Nice low stress job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2017
It was a nice place to work. The other employees were always friendly. The customer were also great. And it was a well clea and well organized store with decent management.
Pros
Relaxed low stress environment
Cons
I'm not sure I had a nice time working there
Eh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Management was always ready to listen to any problems we had, which I admired, considering I have heard so many terrible stories about horrible bosses. What I did believe was unfair, however, was the amount of pay versus the amount of labor. I quit a little over a year ago and my shoulder still kills me after suffering a pinched nerve from time to time. I think all the back breaking work deserves much more than minimum wage. Other than that, to me, it's a decent company to work for, but of course, everyone's experience is always going to be different.
Pros
Full-time, free lunches on occasion, breaks, helpful employees
Cons
Low pay
Stressful Environment, Friendly coworkers.
Cashier/Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2017
I loved working at Savers. If they'd pay more and have set schedules I probably wouldn't have left. Management isn't always the best but I loved my coworkers, customers, and what Savers does for the community. Just wish people would stop stealing all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Savers.

Powered by Comparably