Savers Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 2,140 reviews
Poor management/They over work you.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2019
My experience at savers was horrible. I worked for production, the managers were very rude, played favorites, the pay was okay but they do over work you.
Pros
Discounts, meeting new people
Cons
Poor management, stressful
I do not want to work their again.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 22, 2019
A typical day was exhausting. Managers often forgot about employees breaks and would send them off late or not at all. I don't think acknowledgment of hard work was ever given. Sometimes there would be food for staff but only on holidays. Mondays were havoc because of the sales and we would spend over 2 hours cleaning the place. I always had closing shifts, and as a high school student I always got home around 11pm. Overall it was a not so good experience. Rebecca was unpleasant to work with and I hope to never see her again.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Working there
Awesome company and team
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2018
I was unfortunately only able to work at Savers for less than 6 months but would have loved to have worked there for many years. The management and team were amazing, hours were usually the same every week, and pay was great for the location. I would recommend applying to Savers if you are interested in benefiting your community and working with an awesome team.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2018
I loved working here I loved what I was doing. I loved going to work everyday. I did all the remodels and holiday arrangements. Scheduling for the cashiers, bank drops,
productive and fast paced work environment.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2018
My position was in the shoe dept. id help my sorter sort shoes then clean shoes after I made sure they were sell able. I priced them and my roller put them on the sales floor. At the end of the day my associate and I cleaned the work area.
Pros
free lunch on sale days
Cons
short breaks, benefits
pleasant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2017
when I worked for Value Village, it was very pleasant, everyone worked together as a team, If they were still in business I would try to return,I worked all phases, and never had an issue, that's due to the atmosphere, everyone worked well together,
Pros
fun
Cons
shifts changed all the time
laid back
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2017
Learned how to do pricing and what the quality of furniture is, How how to stock the store. Learned about production, worked in clothing unloading trucks to come into the store.
typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2017
cashier, ran cash register, worked wit customers reloaded racks, sometimes in processing, and also customer services, also worked in processing for a number of months, also furniture, was placed in many different areas, as needed,
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no cons i liked working there
very high paced company, fair and nice management.
Clothing Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2017
I loved working at Savers. I think its a great company to work for, Good management skills in place. The fact that the managers will jump into any position that needs help. That is a core value threw out the company.
Never work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 8, 2017
one of the most disrespectful,dishonest and misleading job i have ever worked before. they treat all there employees like trash... i highly don't recommend working there for anybody. you would be wasting time... explains why they have a huge turn over rate.
Savers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2017
Savers is a great place to work. I good work ethic .... will def keep you on your toes. What I learn that there is so much work that runs on used clothes, I learn so much. I wish I was still there. But, I had to put in my time and go back to another state to take care of my family.
thanks savers for giving a great work experience.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
short lunch breaks
Ok place to work.
Production Supervisor/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2017
Nice place to work if you could get past the shoplifters and drug addicts that populated the store and neighborhood around it. Employees where cool and my staff worked hard. The company seemed to care more about not upsetting people who stole than their employees. I was terminated for stopping a shoplifter who physically assaulted me.
Pros
People I worked with, some of the customers
Cons
Majority of the customers, neighborhood located
Not a very good place to work managers are rude I was put on seasonal and was fired for being pregnant
Sales Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 13, 2017
Overall it wasn't a bad job and not hard I liked being on register and working with our customers. The biggest problem I had was the managers were ridiculous wanted to dock my wage for being pregnant then I was fired for not being able to do certain positions at 7 months pregnant. Would not reccomend working there. As well as multiple complains from coworkers.
Excellent benefits and pay
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2015
Many opportunities for working independently and as a team in Production. Excellent amount of benefits, bonuses, merchandise 50% off and great pay with regular reviews with potential pay raises.
Pros
Bonuses, pay
Cons
Not a lot of time off
Productive and very fun and acceptable workplace
Truck Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2014
management needs to work on appropriate conduct with employees when speaking and acting towards there employees.
More expectations
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the accomplishments of my staff when quotas were made. Great benefits and bonus opportunities.
Tough Job, Strict Managment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 5, 2014
Stressful but fulfilling if you like to work hard. Theres usually a garunteed 40 hours. Fast paced work.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Strict Managment
Fast pase job with great people to work with, doing good for comunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2014
Fast pase, Fun and great customer service. never a dule moment.
Ive learned alot from this company as an associate and as a supervisore, such as customer service, management and social skills. Meeting quotas sometimes were the most deficult part of this job but after a while you learn your weeknesses and strengs which helps you get the job done right. I would say customers and the employees were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
50 percent off clothing and housewares. Vacation time.
Cons
Even tho there might be some cons I try to not talk down about curent or past employers.
savers.....
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 5, 2013
its very fast pace. kinda keep to your self place.... I learned how to separate different types of clothing.my co workers weren't the most friendly. majority of them don't speak English so its very hard to communicate. there is ONLY 4 managers store manager, production manager and 2 assistant managers.... my fav. part of this job is smoking breakes
Pros
smoking breakes, lunch break
Cons
not enough 1 on 1 training