Savers Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 2,110 reviews
Great Employer
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 16, 2019
Love working for this company. They are flexible with your schedule, and it is a positive work environment. I recommend Savers for anyone who needs flexible hours.
Easy job, pay could have been better
Crew Member/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 5, 2019
Working there was easy, as the people there are very outgoing. Made a few friends there and still talk to them to this day. Old customers were terrible therefore our customer service was exceptional. Many would want discounts that they are not eligible for, but the managers always had your back.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Customers are chill, yet there are few terrible ones
Great place for a first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 30, 2019
Great place for a first job. I personally learned how to talk to people better. Management is good. Great people to work with. Everyone is very nice and when you need help whit something chances are someone else can help.
Great enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 25, 2019
Working at savers during halloween is always an adventure. They work hard to make everyday fun for employees and the customers. I would definitely work for this company again if they raised their salary.
Pros
Set breaks
Cons
Salary
Joke job, management are idiots
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 21, 2019
Don’t recommend this company. The management doesn’t know how to manage. They don’t work well with the employees. The employees steal and management is dishonest
nice enviroment not worth the pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 10, 2018
I worked there for a short time and didn't feel there was much of a career in that type of job in my future. I look towards owning my own businesses and learning skills i can use to one day be very successful and love what I do.
Love it but somtimes not
CSR/Cashier/tagger/roller (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 26, 2018
I really love this job love the people I work w and the customers ..love. The fast pace always busy always something to do... The only dwn side is the pay ...they should pay more cuz I feel that I almost just working to make a car payment and that's not enough for me ...not to mention if ur a good worker u should get paid better ...atleast eventually...but other than that it's a great place to work
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Pay...and u cant buy anything till its bn on da floor for atleast 48 hrs., cant even pay full price for it, which i think is just stupid.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 1, 2018
Savers is a very good place for a beginning or long term job. The company is flexible with their hours for the most part and it is a very inviting atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Paid breaks, good management
It’s good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2018
Was good but some what stressful, but a nice crew to work with but a little to much for me at this point I’d rather be with a less stressful company n
Lovely
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJuly 1, 2018
Over all I loved savers you met nice people customers were amazing and to work for something that gives back just made me feel amazing and good about myself.
Good co-workers, flexible schedules. Poor pay and limited benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Value Village overall. My co-workers and management for the most part were easy to work with and enjoyable. I don't believe that their benefits were sufficient. Also, the pay scale is low and raises are infrequent.
Pros
Good teamwork, great co-workers, fair managent.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits.
it was a great job in the beginning
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 31, 2018
They had too many people and I didn't get enough hours so I was not able to support my family the way I needed to so also my at the time I had to leave because someone in my family was deceased and they had no consideration for that so I am so disappointed with them I would not recommend anyone to work there
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No empathy
Productive days, store was next to good places to take a break, fun experience
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2018
Got the job and the first weeks were incredibly easy, the management was excellent, they fired a manager and from there it went downhill, but the co-workers made the best of working there, everyone was polite and helpful, the customers weren't too bad, you could start a conversation with almost anybody. you cant do anything when you see someone stealing except tell the manager, but at least they dont blame YOU for it
Pros
two 15 min breaks and 1 half hour break depending on your shift
Cons
CDC was terrible on weekends, closing was garbage on sale days
pleasant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2017
when I worked for Value Village, it was very pleasant, everyone worked together as a team, If they were still in business I would try to return,I worked all phases, and never had an issue, that's due to the atmosphere, everyone worked well together,
Pros
fun
Cons
shifts changed all the time
Life at Savers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 8, 2017
Working here is good and becomes something you can see yourself staying at overtime and helpful to excel to higher levels if hard worker.Working here is the best.
typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2017
cashier, ran cash register, worked wit customers reloaded racks, sometimes in processing, and also customer services, also worked in processing for a number of months, also furniture, was placed in many different areas, as needed,
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no cons i liked working there
Management is all corrupted. Very unprofessional.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 18, 2017
I would not recommend savers Arcadia. Management is very corrupted . Get on they're bad side Will find any way to fire you . Management is immature make inappropriate remarks to people . Treat you like a slave always try to squeeze the most out of employee many people are scared to speak up due to getting on bad side . Much favoritism. People always quit due to all corruption. Management has many rules that they don't follow . Other than that the stores products are very good some things are a bit pricey you could find new at almost same price .
Pros
Products and discounts
Never work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 8, 2017
one of the most disrespectful,dishonest and misleading job i have ever worked before. they treat all there employees like trash... i highly don't recommend working there for anybody. you would be wasting time... explains why they have a huge turn over rate.
Very rude
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
The management sucks the district manager especially just sits and eats and sleeps its very nasty conditions mouse traps, roaches they need a lot done to this business
Pros
Cons
Bed bugs
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 18, 2017
If this is the last option, then do the job here
Some management people has own selfish processes
Why working here if u don't have mental happiness
Maybe not all stores are same
Pros
Relaxed and friendly
Cons
Management not helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight