Savers

Savers Employee Reviews for Production Worker

chaotic
they wanted you to do things that were physically impossible they want you to run around the store putting up every piece of merchandise you had to bring out in the back in 10 minutes or less
my 2nd thrift store job...and my last!!
low morale among most of employees--bullying in workplace from management AND employees. Hours can be changed by corporate on a whim and with no notice and its mandatory (happened 6 times in 3 yrs ). Alot of favoritism! Told to lie to customers about unsold items about recycling them--many are thrown away-So Wasteful!

my first thrift store experience was excellent and fun but after working at savers..will never work or donate to another thrift store again! I rather donate to worthy charities myself!
Pros
some nice customers
Cons
terrible management, favoritism, way too much drama, low pay
Dont think about it
Horrible place! You like it at first and then you realize there is nothing but drama and people love to complain. You defiantly dont get pais enough for the work yoi do.
Not a good place to work if you want to be respected
Savers aka Slavers they have no respect for their employees the work there is exhausting constant body aches and the pay sucks. They cut hours even though your suppose to work a set 40 hour schedule.
Pros
Employee discount, working the day shift
Cons
Short breaks, management sucks
Great company with good people
I have worked for Savers for two years now and I’ve enjoyed most of it. My coworkers and most of my managers are great people that can have fun and tell jokes every now and again. The pay is low but it’s a thrift store, what do you expect. I make $11.50 now because they do annual percentage raises depending on your work ethics. The company itself values hiring from without for management and I could have become a manager by now but I did not want the stress. Savers is also extremely big into recycling the product that comes through and doing better for the environment. The discount is also 50% for most items so that’s amazing.
Pros
Great company, always something new, awesome discounts, nice coworkers
Cons
Low wage, some strict rules
Poor management/They over work you.
My experience at savers was horrible. I worked for production, the managers were very rude, played favorites, the pay was okay but they do over work you.
Pros
Discounts, meeting new people
Cons
Poor management, stressful
Some nice people
There are 6 managers in the store and then the "store manager" who are not from Idaho and dont understand that they are working at a thrift store and that we live in IDAHO and the cost of living is a lot less than Washington and California but we are pricing items at the prices they would be in these other states. OT is not allowed and there is no room for advancements. And certain members get more special treatment than others.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment has favorites, to many managers no one is ever on the same pqg business
Place was fun
Fastpaced which I enjoyed but people gossip to much pay for was minimum wage Loved my coworkers and mgr just didn’t like the low pay.Other wise is not so bad of a company.If they would fix that they would have employees that stay there
Pros
Cons
Pay
Productive, fast work environment, most the time very easy job
Hard job, fast moving 24/7, not many employees when I worked their, management is hard on you and dont really care about some employees they pick favorites. Not a place I would recommend at all. Its an easy job most the time can be very hard and hurts your body.
Pros
Paid vacation, paid sick days, float
Cons
Short breaks, drama, poor management
Savers sucks to work at.
If you want to be talked down to, then Savers is the place to work. They try to call you into the office for any little thing. They demand more then they should. They're pay is low compared to company's, They work you like a dog, They're health care sucks.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short breaks, health care.
Ok
Not the best place to work but not the worst very high turn over rate un professional management not horrible to work there but was not worth min wage worked there for 3 years never got a raise even though i was one of the best workers there .
Pros
Some co workers were nice
Cons
No overtime very picky about clocking off early almost never got full hours
Awful place to work. The coworkers were great but management was incompetent.
The management wasn't trained properly and didn't address issues brought to their attention pertaining safety. The well-being of employees was never considered. The whole company is ran by cooperate greed and most donations were thrown away due to mass production. Most people weren't compensated for their work and we're expected to work when they weren't scheduled and under our working conditions.
Pros
30% off
Cons
Poor management, low pay, safety issues
Wouldn’t recommend working here
The lack of training alone is stressful. They give you a 60 second video and a few words on how to do wherever you’re placed at then you’re tossed into the middle of a mess of not understanding and no managers around to ask questions.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Lack of training
It was my first job and I loved it
I would go in at 7 in the morning and clean the store along with taking in any donations there were. I learned how to price products for the store and also how to setup displays. The management was great and always making sure everyone did there jobs. The work place was always happy and everyone got along with each other.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
none that i could fined
Good place to work if you need a part time job
Job is good if you can make it with $150 a week working only part time and you like people. Not recommended for people with disabilities as they don’t understand disabilities.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No healthcare, no insurance benefits
Production was enjoyable, and so were my coworkers
Overall, Savers was an excellent place to work. The managers were understanding, and encouraged us to step outside our comfort zones. Quotas were a challenge to reach, but with proper encouragement, we all met our goals.
Pros
We had half off our purchases at Savers
Cons
The Savers production room is rather dusty
Fun fast paced
They accepted me as i was
They trained me for just everything in production

Which I was able to learn more skills and experience new jobs

They were helpful and understanding in many ways
Pros
Discount
Cons
We were our own little community
The workers and associates at our store made work kind of fun. Everyone had their own humor about them. We were like a family, however the managers stuck to themselves and bought pizza for themselves and would not offer any to the employees.
Pros
Location, discounts
Cons
Under paid
It was a good job
I have lots of fun working there. We got to dress up and talk to the customers and get to know them on a personal level and help them with anything they needed help with. It was a very nice experience.
You work to hard for the pay
I would not recommend anyone to work at Savers. Management is horrible, they have their favorites and they make you so hard. The raises they give are nothing for as hard as you work they don't reconize the workers that should be reconized. Over all Savers is not a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch on sale days
Paid Treasure hunt
Worked there 7 years got sick and they put me back at the bottom all over again.Management only cared about quota and not the employees.For Christmas they wrapped up donated items for christmas gifts to all employees.
Pros
2 paid breaks and 1/2 hour lunch, not paid
Cons
Fast paced:quotas