Savers Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 2,148 reviews
good job bad vibe
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2017
this was a good job for me, but if one person had a bad attitude we all caught it and the management didn't make the day any better or did they try to boost the employee moral. it was like they didn't care about us
Very Uncomfortabale
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNAugust 17, 2017
This job was very demanding for very little pay. The management was very unorganized and unfair when it came to enforcing policy on all employees, including management.
Don't work here if they still have the same manager
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2017
When I worked there, the manager did anything but make us feel happy where we worked. I went into work every day dreading how long the day was gonna go by. I was so excited when a better job came my way!
Savers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 10, 2017
Working for savers was a lot of work...staying on your feet from 8 to 4.Mostly you were going thru item that people drop off.like book,clothes,shoes,toys nad house while items.
Pros
Savers
Cons
Production
okay pay and benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2017
okay pay and benefits. Friendly staff and customers. They offer a store discount to all employees. Depending on what side of store you work for you may be on a set schedule.
Production was fast paced but very fun
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 5, 2017
I loves working at savers. The people were great. I loved the environment. I always had a good day working there. Just a very good place to work in my opinion.
Pros
Very understanding. Lunch break and two 15 minute breaks.
Cons
Having to wake up so early
Easy and fairly decent job but very poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 24, 2017
Job itself was very simple and quick to learn. Got along well with fellow co workers and good benefits, including a 50% employee discount. Only complaint was poor and sometimes non existent management. Often no communication between managers, as 2 managers would give the same employee 2 separate tasks that were impossible to complete at the same time. Different employees were treated and held to different standards based on manager's personal preference. Despite several attempts to push for my completion, managers took no effort to set up my video training that was required by corporate. Specific managers were also disrespectful and downright insulting to employees.
Pros
50% employee discount, good hours
Cons
Terrible treatment from management
Productive, hardworking,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 14, 2017
Savers is really great company! The amout of good they do for people around the world is great. Recycling at its finest. They partner with some organizations
Pros
Full time grow within the company
Cons
Heavy lifting
high intensity environemnt
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 4, 2017
typical day here would be meeting the goal of the day sorting through a certain amount of pallets of clothes choosing which clothes can go out onto the floor.
Fun and good job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 3, 2017
My manager is a year older than i am and shes laid back and awesome. The managers are like our friends. You get nice benefits and discounts. If you work in the back, you get 40 hours a week with breaks, so you work a full 8 hours a day. I like the work i do and the staff is nice. You get to see what comes in and i enjoy that. The issues i have is working saturdays and the pay. They dont rush you or bug you, but for the hard work we do, we deserve more. The dress code is laid back and comfy. My manager allows us to hold our cell phones on us and listen to our ipods if we want. You get one 30 min lunch break and two 15 min breaks. If i ever need saturdays off, which is often, my manager allows me to work mondays to make it up. I can even work overtime if there are hours. We also are always into safety, we take good care of each other. You can get free gloves, goggles or ear plugs.
The company is a good company. We recycle unused products to countries who need it!
Pros
Free lunch on sale days, benefits, dress code
Cons
Pay, schedule
Great Company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 6, 2017
I am privileged to be apart of such a successful company. I enjoy my team and I love to engage with customers. The job security and advancement does not feel as fit for me as I believe I may find elsewhere.
environmnet
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAApril 23, 2017
Lots of shouting and shaming to get you to work harder or do a better job. NOT the way to motivate or inspire. All about the numbers, no concern for employees.
Pros
Cons
everything
Eh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Management was always ready to listen to any problems we had, which I admired, considering I have heard so many terrible stories about horrible bosses. What I did believe was unfair, however, was the amount of pay versus the amount of labor. I quit a little over a year ago and my shoulder still kills me after suffering a pinched nerve from time to time. I think all the back breaking work deserves much more than minimum wage. Other than that, to me, it's a decent company to work for, but of course, everyone's experience is always going to be different.
Pros
Full-time, free lunches on occasion, breaks, helpful employees
Cons
Low pay
Hires anyone...
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAApril 3, 2017
Turn over rate is very high, therefore everything changes without communication. Expected to be able to meet really high expectations even when not given the tools and resources needed. A set schedule for the most part but a few times a year it will change and you're very lucky if you get 2 weeks notice.
Pros
Good employee discount, paid vacation, paid sick time
Cons
Required to stay until everything is done after your shift is up, if managment messes up on krones with your pay, you have to wait until next pay period. Doesnt always give 2 weeks notice on schedule change
I loved working for Savers but they are closing .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 8, 2017
After the store only open for a year ,the store is closing March 25,2017. I loved working for Savers. It became like a home. I will miss my Savers family.
Pros
a big discount for employees
Cons
it isclosing
it pays the bills
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Hard work, fast paced, co-workers are a pleasure to work with, management's time expectations are not realistic, work/life balance is good.
Pros
understanding when personal time off is needed
Cons
minimum wage or a little above forever
horrible management
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 13, 2017
no room for advancement, horrible management, unprofessional, inconsiderate of private life. short break time. unorganized and turn over rate is veryyyy high
A good company to work for.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Its a good company to work for. The benefits are decent. You receive an employee discount on purchases. Hours are good. It is a team player environment, everyone helps each other oUT as needed.
Alright
Production / Operations Worker (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIJanuary 19, 2017
Great people, just one of those jobs where you love the people not your job. It really is a great place to work for experience and to meet new people and to learn new things.
I didnt have a good experience with Savers and very little management positions.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 19, 2017
I didnt learn anything.
The job is very simple
Received numberous write-ups for leverage against me so that i would have to make choices been my home life and work life.
Was promised a position and higher pay never recieved it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Savers.

Powered by Comparably