Savers Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 2,146 reviews
thrift store
production worker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 4, 2017
very interesting place to work
made lots of new friends
store manager was easy to talk to
the pay was compatible and did get reviewed and the chance to advance
health insurance available
401k available
one week vacation after one yr of service
two weeks vacation after two yr of service
four weeks vacation after five years of service
Pros
a discount on items in store
Cons
needed more cross training
Productive but do not care about employees
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 29, 2016
Personally not the right job for me. Staff and Mangers were very rude and didn't care much for the workplace or its people. The Team all together were not team players.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Short breaks
Job is not fun because of the way that they want things done
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHDecember 19, 2016
Job was fun when the store first open. But after time the job was not as fun because the company was changing the way that they wanted things done, and they would also not want us to have fun during work hours.
Village Blues
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2016
Probably the best job I've had in some ways and in others not so much. Great people to work with. Stressful environment, but mostly management made it that way. Production should really get paid more than what they do. I really enjoyed my job here and I was really good at it. In the end, our store closed with no real notice leaving majority of the employees screwed. Feelings of betrayal when you put your heart and soul into a place like that.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
productive and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 5, 2016
I learned how to work as a team and help fellow employees. loved the work environment it was a great place to learn and grow. loved management they were great at making everyone feel noticed.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Great people to work with
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 29, 2016
Management and corporate are not on the same page with each other. The superviser has no respect for any of the employees. He makes other people do his job and gets mad if you go to use the bathroom.
A job for someone who wants to work for their money
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89104October 28, 2016
Pays well, management is always available and insures time for private issues to be discussed in a respectful and discreet manner. This is a fast paced job, but management is patient and understanding, they do not expect you to be an expert and they are open to telling you where there is room for improvement.
This is an all around good place a new and experienced worker in retail, but it is a second hand store so your people skills will be put to the test and you'll learn more if you think you know what to expect.
Pros
Never a dull day at work, working for an accomplished feeling
Cons
Certain customers can be unpractial
Bad work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 26, 2016
Put out hard goods was expected to take out a cart every ten minutes for very little pay. Bad store manager showed a lot of favoritism also production manager didn't know what she was doing. Enjoyed working with coworkers and liked some customers. Expected to do a lot of work for little pay.
Pros
Cons
Management little pay favoritism too much work low raises high turnover
My job is fast pace and doesn't stop all day. keeps my energy up and i work with great people!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 21, 2016
I overall like my job very much just time for something new in my life! I would like to better life for myself and my children!
Worked in production in the back..
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2016
A couple of the managers were okay, but some was not. They expected the team to go through and put out 8750 pounds of clothes a day. It was dirty. Non stop moving from the time you got there till the time you left. If you stopped for even a second, the managers said keep your hands moving. The hours were longer than what was told, supposed to be no weekends, worked weekends and a holiday. Supposed to be off a day out of the week for working the weekend and holiday, ended up working it too. They tell you what they think you wanna hear and change it last minute. Someone found bed bugs on a piece of clothing and the manager came and confirmed the bugs and removed the one piece of clothing that they were on, while another manager vaccumed the rest of the clothes on the rack with a dustbuster and later I seen the same dustbuster on the sales floor to sell!?! I was let go for looking at an article of clothing for too long, supposedly after working there for three months. It was the best thing that could of happened. Going to work somewhere else I realized I had a really bad day for 3 months!
Pros
They did occasionally get donuts for employees
Cons
Expected too much for little pay, Miscommunication between managers and employees to get them to do what they want, Turnover rate is ridiculous!
It would be a fun place if not for management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 11, 2016
Very hard work but we had fun. Got donuts every payday in production. There was a lot of favoritism with store manager and production manager which made it hard on some people. Turnover was very high. People that made a difference were treated poorly. I did enjoy seeing all weird things that came through the doors
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Hard work, low wages, very bad store manager
Very interesting job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Overall was a decent job to gain a lot of experience with a very diverse group of customers. The training process for this company was very hands on fast-paced.
A decent place to work, but not a career choice.
Soft Goods Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me, usually starts by pulling off donation bags to be opened, dumped, and processed in order to be inspected, priced and sold. I work in various departments in the production room depending on what they need for the day. I normally dump and sort donated merchandise for the first half of the day and price the merchandise for the second half of the day.
I've learned how to work as a team in order to reach the desired quota and piece count. I also have learned how to QA the merchandise in the manner that the company expects the product to be fit in order to be sold to the public. I have learned how to price the product accordingly and tag the prices onto said product, in order for the merchandise to be sold.
Management in our production room is under most circumstances, strict but fair. Sometimes there is a lack of communication between management and team members on what the expectation is for the day. Most of my co-workers are mostly hard working individuals and usually are very easy to work with.
The hardest part of doing my job in particular, is dumping the merchandise to be processed through the various departments. It can be difficult because I have to have all working parts of the assembly line working at the same pace as I am in order to reach the quota that is expected by management. So in turn, I have to have open lines of communication with my fellow co-workers in order for that to happen. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get everyone on the same page, but as the head of the table, I have to be the leader and
  more... make sure every part of the cloth line is working as a whole. .
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great production team. We can all get along and have fun while doing our jobs most of the time. I enjoy staying physically busy throughout the day and not just staying in one spot.
Pros
Health benefits, vacation/sick time, 401k
Cons
There is no room for advancement or opportunity for a decent living wage
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 20, 2016
Part Of A Production Team, We Produced 30,000$ Worth Of Product A Day. Enjoyed Working Independently Pricing And Putting Out Product
Productive work environment where I developed skills
Hard Goods Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2016
*A typical day at work involved working in production area and meeting production goals.

*I learned how to develop skills in sorting, hanging, separating clothing in the most efficient manner according to company policy.

*Learned how to work as a part of a team to meet production goals.

*The hardest part of the job was trying to meet production goals when coworkers were absent or tardy from work as part of a team.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide customers with quality items that I was able to inspect before putting on the sales floor.
do not work for this company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 7, 2016
the employee discount and the free food on sale days are the only 2 good things about working for this company.
my co-workers were nice.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
learned nothing from working at this company.
Pros
employee discount, free food on sale days
Cons
management, working short handed all the time
very rude
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 21, 2016
they closed down due to lack of funds. and their managers were rude, and you could not go to them if you had any issues. They did give a lot of hours though and would try and accomodate your schedule.
Fast paced job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 21, 2016
there are multiple different departments at savers that you can work in. Each department has different responsibilities and quotas that have to be met everyday before your shift is over. You're expected to work as a team and make sure everything is done before anyone can leave.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJuly 5, 2016
The day would start at7:25a.m. in the lunch room management would tell everyone what quota was for the day and everyone had to meet and beat it.the hardest part was trying to do over quota there really was no enjoyable part when I was there I only remember 2 pleasant employees . The management only cared about there bonuses.
Pros
it was full time
Cons
prduction crew and management had a bully mentality
Horrible Workplace Culture
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IlinoisJune 10, 2016
I worked there for three years. Worked in every department except jewelry and did little pricing. I was at the beck and call of management every shift for where they needed help (and happy to do it and be a team player). Management was more than unappreciative. Low pay, low raises, poor morale... Certain employees were given perks outside of the regulations, while others were targeted for minor infractions. Management belittled customers, made special deals for their "favorites or regulars." Despite some lengthy work schedules (already more then 40 hours), all staff was required to work extra sale days. The big "perk" is that they would provide lunch (only because they dictated that we were not allowed off of the premises on sale days).

I'm definitely not a kid and have worked many places in my career - this was the most demeaning position I have ever held.

Members of management "forbid" social relationships" with staff - except when some got together to get "high."

All true. No names mentioned - just verifiable facts.
Pros
I got a paycheck, however meager.
Cons
See above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight