Savers Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 2,113 reviews
Don't work here unless your just getting out of high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 9, 2019
Don't work here you will go no where management doesn't know what there doing or knows how to communicate will tell you one thing and someone else will tell you anothor also they will expect you to do 5 things at once for little pay because they don't want to hire more people
A very busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 7, 2019
The dressing room was a very busy place. I liked being busy, and enjoyed most of the customers. Some of the staff were very nice, some were very insensitive to people with disabilities. The store itself was very busy and and there were some staff who didn't work as has as the other staff. The Supervisors were wonderful, very caring and supportive of the workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing that I can think of.
Management are bullies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2019
Management doesn't understand that people have lives OUTSIDE of work. If you get sick, they act like it's a big deal when you don't come in. Their favorites are the people who come in ALL THE TIME, even if they ARE sick, and make it known. When the bigwigs come in, they spend most of their visit with the favorites and the rest of us are left in the dust.
When a serious problem emerges, they'd rather stick their heads in the sand than fix it.
Not recommended for the mentally or physically handicapped. If you're severely disabled, they let you do you job. But if you're MENTALLY disabled, they harass you and threaten to write you up if you have to leave due to an episode.
Typical retail work with reasonable pay and holiday events, but with some needless employee drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 27, 2019
We had very welcoming staff and peers. The corporate hierarchy made certain aspects of productivity more challenging but overall it felt like a good environment with lively holiday events. There were minimal problems aside from a bit of unnecessary drama between the back-end production workers and the front-end sales team. There was a slightly toxic "us versus them" rhetoric going on during my time there.
Great staff and management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 17, 2019
The overall work place was nice. Complaints got heard and fixed. Working here is nice, you get to know the workers quickly and it’s like a big family.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Communication
I enjoyed my coworkers everyone was friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 5, 2019
Although I enjoyed the people that I worked with and it was a good company to work for, there can be quite a bit of shoplifting that goes on and that was frustrating for me. It was also difficult with my school schedule to get out of work at 11 and drive 25 miles home.
Pros
10% off everything
Cons
Too far from home
Very good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMay 1, 2019
I worked here for about 8 months. Had to be one of my favorite jobs i’ve ever worked at. I was just a cashier, yes it was pretty busy on week days because it was slow and nothing really to do but stand there or fix up the floor. On weekends it was crazy busy and always something to do. Pretty fun because i’m a hard worker. Sale days were crazy, most stressful days you will ever be at, mostly if you are closing since you have to clean up the whole messy store and fitting rooms. My managers were amazing. One of them did favorite some of the workers but I managed through. The other 2 were amazing and great people all together. Very helpful if you have an issue, they always will figure it out since i have always dealt with being bullied when a co worker was bullying me they helped with it. I miss that job a lot. When people called off last minute it sucked because ur screwed but my managers usually helped out.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
busy and stressful
Great job for high schoolers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 19, 2019
The job was very easy. People were friendly. The job duties were very simple to pick up on. Relaxed environment. Definitely enjoyed it as a first job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Had to work weekends
Good for a first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2019
- A typical day at work consists of cleaning the sales floor, working with customers to ensure their needs are taken care of
-I learned how to handle tense situations/ how to diffuse a situation in many ways/ how to build customer relationships
-Management wasn't the best, I constantly felt and was shown that I was replaceable in my position, my issues were often brushed off by managers
-Most difficult part of the job is time management on 50% off Sale Days
-The most enjoyable part of my job was my regulars, I had about 5-10 customers who came in on a regular basis and talking to them was the best part of the job
Pros
3 breaks, great coworkers
Cons
healthcare wasn't affordable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 14, 2019
You're always on your feet consistently busy with many things to do. With it being a retail clothing store you're always organizing and sorting with where it intends to go.
Poor communication and oversite.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 17, 2018
Constant feeling of not being good enough no matter how hard you work. They have outrageous goals that you have to work unbelievably hard to achieve. You leave everyday feeling unhappy and worn out.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Over worked
Productive, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CA 91006November 25, 2018
As a starting job for fresh out of high school people, I highly recommend. The friends you make along with interactions with your co workers is what makes this place enjoyable.
how my day went of a work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MANovember 2, 2018
my shifts usually started off with cranky or angry managers and upset employees and customers complaining about management. my work was never seen as important as one who was older. the hardest part was probably dealing with the negative energy bu the easiest was cashier work and making sure the customers had a good experience in our site.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no breaks to 15 minute break if you meet regulations
Good as a first job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 20, 2018
As a member of operations, my duties were basic cashiering duties and responsibilities. Management varied but was much stronger with my early years with the company. Generally, it was a comfortable environment, with few to little setbacks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, and the times when I was given the opportunity to use my creativity.
Pros
cool merchandise, free lunch every now and then
Cons
bad management, low wages
Very clean, flexible with schedules, and good working enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
On the days that I work at Savers are excellent days as well as when you see a customer smiling and giving good complements saying that the store is very clean and organized. That makes our team feel accomplished on the work we have done. I learned that being a part of this team has helped me become a more open minded person. The hardest part of the job is on Monday's. It is packed and lines are backed up because of a big huge sale. Being a Sales Associate on Monday's makes the job a little hard but we manage to get through it.
Pros
Discounts on entire store for coworkers.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
Value Village Thrift Store
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 6, 2018
This thrift store is located in Gastonia North Carolina. This store had very poor management while I was there. They did not consult with the employees with anything.
always productive
SALES ASSOCIATE, CDC AMBASADOR, GOODS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 5, 2018
Always productive days at savers, no down time. Managers always have a job on a day we finish early which is rarely. Never get out on time due to slow work pace. Managers are always changing things once a month, however i did learn how to take criticism and that have a sense of urgency is a big deal here. The most enjoyable part of my job are the awesome stuff we get daily and making the customers happy with what we put out on the sales floor.
what you learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 28, 2018
Patience is the key to success! Most people don't care about others and would rather do what's best for themselves. It's extremely annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worst job I’ve ever had. terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 12, 2018
this job is so terrible. I was a cashier and all they did was treat you terribly and never listen to anything you had to say. The management was all over the place and didn’t keep anyone in check. You could tell there was favoritism between workers. They wanted you to be all over the place at once and the managers never helped with anything. The job would be good if they hired people with experience for management. The only good thing about this job was my co-workers I met a lot of amazing people there.
Pros
Discount, Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Terrible Management, Stressful work environment.
A wellrounded and benefical company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 11, 2018
I'm respected by my bosses and coworkers and get along well with everyone. I like helping and talking to the customers.The workload is alot to take on
Pros
Bonuses, oppurtunity for growth
Cons
Short lunch breaks, hourly pay, organization in store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight