Savers Employee Reviews

Found 1,282 reviews matching the search See all 2,107 reviews
Great Company to work for with great mission plan.
Community Donation Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 3, 2019
Great management who care about their employees. Have great mission plan. Savers has a great work environment. The best part about working for Savers is you are working for a company that gives back to the community.
Laid back job/bad management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 2, 2019
I worked there for a year I said since the start I needed more hours. Was given the hours a few weeks but got them taken away. I was very patient with them. They kept on hiring new people to work yet they kept sending people home who had been there a long time. If you need a job that is relaxed and laid back this is right for you. Monday is the busiest day to work here so if you get stressed easily make sure you tell them you need mondays off.
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
Bad management
the people i worked with was good.
recycler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 2, 2019
its was a good job and I really did like working with the people there and I wish I could go back and work with savers again in the future. that's all I really got to say about that company..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good breaks
Fast paced and stressful
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAMarch 30, 2019
The job started out fine, wasn't too bad. Then after a couple days it started getting crazier and crazier, to the point where goals were obviously unreasonable, but we were expected to reach them anyways. Breaks were already short, but sometimes cut even shorter if we needed to catch up. We weren't able to go outside on our breaks, we had to stay in the store, even if we weren't going to leave. They closed a couple months after I left and I wasn't surprised.
Cons
Short breaks, unreasonable goals
good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2019
Really a fun place to work. very fast pace good for people who like to be o there feet and like to stay busy. The customer and associate relationship is very good.
wishy washy
Customer Service, Management (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 28, 2019
work really hard, and try to grow but they will not tell you why you cannot grow just keep you in the gray waiting. they tell you, what you can expect and then it changes. scheduling. if you want to make a living wage you have to fight for it, with bosses, district management. and above.
Savers Thrift Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 27, 2019
This was my favorite job I ever worked at! Not just because of the donated items but the customers that became regulars to me and then friends! I loved looking at all the used donated stuff that came in because you never knew where it came from or the back story behind certain items! It was just a fun place to work and the other employees are the reason I stayed for 2 years!
Pros
Free lunch and discounts!
Cons
No benefits
Stocker/Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 27, 2019
I enjoyed working at Savers and was sad when the store closed. It was a great place to work. The management was nice, fair and always open to helping you advance.
Pros
Great Job, Good Management
Cons
Store Closed at the Location
Creating best moments
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 26, 2019
Everyday I would start by greeting my co-workers and ensuring that a positive environment was being created. Once we unlocked the door we created that experience with the customers while they shopped. The best part of my role was getting to know regulars and being able to proactively show them new items or other special items in the store.
great team members
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2019
Spent six years working my way up to management, Was constantly dealing with very little training,Was expected to perform other duties that I was not trained to do.absolutely no respect or coaching from upper management.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
Sm, Dm
Great enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 25, 2019
Working at savers during halloween is always an adventure. They work hard to make everyday fun for employees and the customers. I would definitely work for this company again if they raised their salary.
Pros
Set breaks
Cons
Salary
Inadequate work life balance
NEW ENGLAND ADS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New EnglandMarch 25, 2019
Inadequate work life balance with typical week at 70 hours with scheduled duties 7 days a week. Work load is constantly added to with no regard to time commitment or impact on current work load or personal obligations.
Productive friendly work place
Customer sevice/Production team member (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 24, 2019
The team members are a wonderful group to deal with. The work is physical but you are able to do the work and feel good at the end of the day. You are able to meet the most wonderful customers the frequent the store.
Good workplace, and fellow employees, less than Ideal management
Donation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAMarch 21, 2019
The workplace was great, the Donation center was unpredictable with the amount of traffic, but the coworkers were very willing to help when things got backed up. There were many times however when management seemed to not understand what everyone's jobs were, and would assign tasks that were either against what your job duties were when you still had those, or just completely unreasonable. I would recommend this as a job, but not as a long term solution, unless management has drastically changed since then.
Pros
Work environment
Not fun
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 21, 2019
Savers is a well known company for a for-profit, global thrift retailer. It has decent prices and a lot of clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. that customers can choose from. A typical day at Savers well it depends on the days. There were days they were really busy such as on 50% off days and days they were slow.
The management was awful. They would talk to employees and customers rudely with no respect. Very unorganized. I didn't enjoy working there at all. For the 3 years that I was there I learned a lot about how to treat and help motivate my other co workers. I learnt how to close out my register at the end of the day.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
short breaks, unfair, not enough hours, favoritism, disrespectful
Terrible workplace, favoritism, racism
New Bedford - Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2019
I was getting verbally abused by both managers of the store and being given less fun tasks because of how different I was. I was made fun of for my mental illness of pulling my hair out and stuttering. I “cared” too much about customers which isn’t a thing in my book. Customer service is extremely important.
Good entry level job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 17, 2019
Predictable hours and good people. There are quotas to achieve and the sorting and pricing keeps you busy. Expected to help customers with merchandise whenever needed.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement
Savers Sucks
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAMarch 14, 2019
Bad managers. Very bad managers.I hated it there. Super stressful and unrewarding. If you like being mentally and emotionally abused, work at Savers in Hanover.
It was a fun work place,easy work,Nice manegers.
Shoe sorter,And roller (Former Employee) –  Savers is on Boston Post Road in Orange CT.March 14, 2019
My job was sorting the shoes and rolling them out to the floor. And then making sure the shoes were in order by color. I loved working there. Everyone pretty much got along to.On sale days it would be more work. But I didn't mine at all.And if there were cloths are anything on the floor,I would pick them up. And put them in there rightful places.
Pros
When there was a sale. We would get treated to lunch.
Cons
Don't take days off. Even if they say you can
Extremely fast paced--lots of energy
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 14, 2019
Good company, not for everyone--income and increases are poor. Company is rebuilding a few key functions to improve for the future, but can't make a solid income to support family
Pros
Great discounts and incoming product is excellent
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight