Savings Bank Of Mendocino County Employee Reviews

Productive and Welcoming Professional Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAJune 3, 2019
Working at SBMC was a joy. Interacting with and supporting the employees there wasn't at all a frustrating experience and it will be a work culture to miss. Despite the workload and hectic work moments, they were indeed the most enjoyable moments as the team together got the job done and smoothed the issues out. I learned very much within the bank and recommend working within such an environment.
Pros
workplace culture, productivity
Last of a dying breed, great place to work!
Decline to say (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAApril 30, 2019
Best parts about SBMC in my opinion:

1. Room for advancement and growth opportunities. Motivation is rewarded.
2. Continuing education.
3. Good pay for our area and 2 weeks vacation to start plus sick time and personal time.
4. Old school feel - profit sharing, excellent and tenured upper management and Board of Directors, company picnics, Holiday party.
5. SBMC truly is a local, community bank. They are involved in almost every charitable event in the area. Be involved in as little or as much as you want.
6. Supervisors and Managers treat you very well (because they are treated well).
7. Celebrations/food often :)
Pros
Pay, community involvement, continuing education, profit sharing, experienced upper management and Board
Cons
Strict break rules. (Must be at least a certain amount of time). "Bankers hours"
Not helpful management. Too much work for little pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAMarch 12, 2019
They give you work without proper training. Expect you to know their systems and you feel left out. They are not very approachable when you need help. Biased and favor your own people over new comers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Good as a "foot in the door" kind of place
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Ukiah CaliforniaNovember 4, 2018
Experiences can vary greatly. I have had a majority of positive experiences while working for SBMC while others have not. Like anywhere else there are co-workers that you will jive with and others there will be a fundamental personality clash. In my experience most management is willing to work with employees to improve work environment and productivity in a positive sense when an issue arises.
Due to non competitive wages and lack of advancement opportunities, there is a higher turnover than you might see elsewhere. Second jobs for even senior staff are not unheard of. It's not uncommon for staff to provide feedback that they have been overlooked when it comes to advancement opportunities because their current department's need, regardless of qualifications for positions applied for.
With the new sick time policy rolling out it will make lives more difficult for those that have young children or are caring for a parent. Low wages amplify the issue due to not being able to afford care alternatives such as backup child care or an in home care giver.
The switch to HSA only health insurance option will have a negative effect on many employees that haven't been with the company for a longer duration or don't have a good alternative with a spouse's insurance.
Whether or not someone likes working with this company greatly varies. Some branches are great while others need a complete overhaul of management. Depending on department you can also see high job satisfaction or uncomfortably low as well as varying degrees of work related stress.
If you get in the right niche, apply
  more... at the right time, find yourself at the good end of a restructuring, or find just the right position; this is a place you can make a career.  less
Pros
Specific management are great to work with, Great first job in the industry, Majority of co-workers are friendly and welcoming
Cons
Non-competitive pay, Expensive healthcare, Wages too low to utilize 401k
Excellent training, good benefits, amazing people
Bank Teller (CSR I) (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 30, 2018
Working with customers for banking needs, I was able to learn many aspects of the job most tellers do not. The management team goes out of their way to help when needed. I worked with people from all walks of life, extremely low drama and everyone is kind. The hardest part of the job is getting the routine down and the ever-changing rules of the banking industry. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with my co-workers and clients, and learning new processes.
Benefits
Cons
Wages
great place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 24, 2018
this job was a very fun place to work. every one was nice and helpful very relaxed business atmosphere. 10/10 would work there again if given the chance.
Pros
great work place
Cons
found out how nasty money is
Long stressful days
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Leggett, CAApril 9, 2018
I was a Student who they sponsored while I was a Business major, but they treated me like a regular employee. I was 17 when I started and it was a very stressful job for a freshly graduated student.
April 27, 2018

We hope that overall you found the SBMC paid scholarship intern program to provide you with professional skills and experience in the workplace that will support your future goals.

Wonderful colleagues
Core Utility - Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAFebruary 12, 2018
My job is to fill in for all areas of Operations as needed from CSR to New Accounts to Branch Manager. I have learned to work with and supervise many different learning styles and personalities during my years at the Savings Bank.

I have also developed strong friendships both professionally and personally. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I travel to most of the branches and get to work with most of the employees bank wide.
Pros
My colleagues and variety of work places
Cons
Not many more opportunities for me to advance in operations
March 12, 2018

Please contact Human Resources or Branch Administration to learn more about advancement opportunities in Operations. CSR and Utility positions have 3 levels. Advancement options from there include ACSS, then Operations Officer and Manager positions.

Human Resources Department
Savings Bank of Mendocino County

Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendocino County, CANovember 29, 2017
They sent me to training and I learned a lot about banking. I enjoyed working for this company, They valued it's employees and customers. They created an enjoyable atmosphere that was felt throughout the company and bank branches.
Pros
Advancement was available
Cons
none really
It's a great place to work but does not have competitive pay
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAApril 6, 2017
This is a great place to work. The people the culture is all great. The problem is they do not have competitive pay. With low raises. And limited room to advance.
Fun, movtivating and career builder.
Assistant Customer Service Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAApril 4, 2017
Savings Bank is a employer that will put the time in to train each employee and attempts to meets everyone's needs. Its nice going to work everyday with a smile on your face and leaving with a smile on your face. Management is the best I've ever worked with and the staff is friendly. The annual picnics are a blast.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Turn arounds
Daily Duties
Commercial Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAOctober 20, 2015
My work day is typically routine with it beginning at 8:00 a.m. I check emails and respond to clients as needed. I organize my days work and then report to my manager for morning pass down. The work place is friendly but professional, which allows for teamwork across departments. The hardest part however is sometime gathering all the required documents to get the loans boarded. The most enjoyable part is when you see a happy customer leave with needed financing.
Pros
good advancement if motivated and willingness to teach entry personnel
Cons
slightly lower wages than market dictates
Little advancement opportunities.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CADecember 23, 2014
Horrible management and work culture. No team work. Would not recommend the job to anyone.
March 23, 2017

I work with a fabulous team . We make good things happen for other people each day. SBMC management cares and it shows. Our customers see and experience the results! Savings Bank is my employer of choice in Mendocino County.

An asset to the Lake and Mendocino Counties
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CAApril 17, 2012
The Savings Bank of Mendocino County is a great company to work for. They truly value their employees and are very intune with the needs of the workers. The company places value in giving their customers excellent customer services and prides themselves in their stability as a company. On a typical day we would come in at 8 am and prepare for the day. By 9 am the branch is open and we are ready to great our customers. I learned a lot about my position in new accounts and what it takes to provide great customer service. I enjoy my co-workers and the customers. The staff is the best part about the Lakeport branch because we know how to make work fun. There is a lot more to banking than just handing out money to people and I am proud to say that the Savings Bank helps to develop the skills and tools an employee needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savings Bank Of Mendocino County. Our community is ready to answer.

Savings Bank Of Mendocino County Reviews by Location