SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Typical management
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastOctober 26, 2018
I have seen most of the good Managers over the last few years leave for better opportunities, not much support from upper management. Good place for you to get a little experience, no growth potential.
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
Lack of knowledge in management with no support.
Enjoyable Working Culture with great benefits. Lacking growth and pay.
ASSET OPTIMIZATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Great entry level financial/real estate analyst position.

Work Life Balance is poor with lack of growth potential and pay.

Benefits are great and the people are great to work with.
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This company gives it's employees room to grow within the company. Great pay, great benefits. The atmosphere is fast-paced, but allows you to work independently. Great place to work. They reward their employees for their work.
Pros
The company appreciates their employees.
Cons
Sometimes management can make work challenging.
About my company
SQL/Tableau developer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
It is an excellent company to work, we have access to several courses to improve our professional capacity, in spite of a large volume of work, you are always open to talk about issues and accepted new suggestions. Amazing environment, we always receive gratefulness.
Great place to learn and grow
Admin Assistant/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
This company provided the best opportunities for learning new and interesting skills. Firm believers in cross training and making sure that the employees have access to the most current training and information to effectively do the job! This company cares greatly about the "work/life" balance and try to keep things family focused and friendly.
Job Security vs job growth
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2018
SBA has been a great company to work for. A typical day in my department is fast paced and I have some opportunity to make my own decisions to move things along efficiently which I enjoy. Management has seem to drop the ball on some issues when it comes to moral and unfortunately it is bringing somewhat of a toxic work environment. The difficulties being faced are lack of solid procedures within the department allowing a smoother flow of work which would help with quarterly goals. The culture is more about production to meet those goals as quickly as possible while not taking into consideration there is a need for more staff.
I enjoy the relationships I have made within the organization, especially with some of my peers who I have worked with for so long. To come to work and see the people who have started from the beginning like myself, truly feels like family at times and I appreciate that.
Pros
on site gym, fairly flexible schedule due to tenure, company is growing
Cons
healthcare becoming expensive, lack of hiring solid candidates, moral declining amongst employees, no advancement
Typical Wireless Telecom Environment
Market Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
The project was no different from any other in that the team worked long hours to meet extremely agressive customer demands while being occasionally thwarted by events outside of our control. That said, it was a high energy environment and the team bonded over those challenges. People I met on that project are still my close friends.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Frustratingly unpredictable customer demands
A good place to work, not great
Site Administration Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2018
Poor training, poor team work, in the end it's all for themselves. Changes happened in the company like cutting the company's bonus which led to dissatisfaction in the work place.
Pros
Cafe and gym on site, constant employee training, paid 5Ks, team events, nice Christmas party
Cons
micromanaging, heavy workload, unrealistic expectations
Much better years ago
Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33487June 16, 2018
The company has gotten too big over the years and some of the new managers are clueless. Advancement is very difficult unless you fit in with one of the many groups in the various departments. .
Pros
company gym
Cons
Advancement is very difficult.
Great place
Database Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2018
Great place to work. Company promotes a healthy lifestyle and work/life balance. Managers are competent and encouraging. Compensation and benefits are appropriate.
Working for the finance department was a great experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2018
Growing company with great compensation, benefits and culture, Exciting wireless communication industry with the chance to learn and grow with the company.
Great place to work, great culture
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2018
Enjoyed working there, my coworkers were helpful and made me feel comfortable while learning my job. The management were caring and always kept in mind the goals without making the staff feel stressed.
Pros
Great location and campus
Cons
Weird parking space
Signal Tower Site Purchase and Leasing was educational and easy for me vs. real estate sales
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at SBA Communications, I managed over 600 sites, bought many sites and extended many land leases over 55 years. I enjoyed utilizing my real estate and legal experience to negotiate leases and land purchases with attorneys all over the country. I wish I did not have to move away from the area, I would love to return to work for SBA again in real estate acquisition.
Pros
negotiated leases and purchases from the office, no travel
Cons
working in small office cubicles, the conference room events
Great company to work for
Construction Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2018
SBA is a great company to work for. With the various opportunities within the company, one can find their place and take advantage of growth opportunities when available.
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 25, 2018
Typical day is to go into office and enjoy it. This is a fun atmosphere, lots of intelligent folks work there and work hard and play hard. Top of the line sites and PM's.
Relaxed enviroment
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Culture good. Work good. Management ok. Hardest part of the job was getting approvals for purchasing needed supplies. Most enjoyable part was the comraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Few advancement opportuinites
Good Spot
Financial Analyst, International (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Great benefits, co-workers, and company overall. If you want a stable job with predictability, this is your spot. Lots of operations internationally, good if you are bilingual or trilingual.
Barry Clement
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 4, 2017
there where times where they wanted team leads to be CM they would pressure you and backlashing for not completing site when they were the ones not giving you the right information in the first place cause they where not communicating with the customer appropriately like you were having to just wasn't what I expected coming from a fortune 500 company
Data Analytics and Reporting to executives
Zoning Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 12, 2017
I had a very unique job. I was to collect public information from local governments to project our competitors next move. It was analytical thinking and strategic planning.
Terrible place to work, everyone there hates their job with good reason
REAL ESTATE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 20, 2017
This is a modern, well-designed sweatshop, with daily work quotas shoved down your throat and used to threaten and control workers. Overtime is offered but is expected (you need to work overtime in order to make any money!) If you don't work the overtime or they feel it's not enough, you are held in contempt. They like to hold themselves out as "family" but do not act like anyone's family and actually have a revolving door of workers coming in to fill positions which have been vacated by employees quitting or getting fired. Terrible reputation with employment agencies (revolving door and lots of bad feedback). Terrible training, very inadequate but then are sticklers for doing it "their way." A lot of unhappy employees who literally hate their jobs but stay because of stock options. Upper management are full of themselves. Workers get fired every other day at this company. It's a joke. Raises are basically non-existent and an insult to any hard working person. It takes four years to make one more dollar an hour! Horrible work atmosphere. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Only enjoyment is the paycheck doesn't bounce.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Very nasty co-workers, old bitter people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBA Communications. Our community is ready to answer.