SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Friendly and happy place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2019
I love the fact that SBA invests in their employees. There are many trainings offered face to face and also elearning through the training center. The hardest part of the job is many priorities and we are a very lean staff; however, I enjoy my work and the people I work with.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Lean staff and multiple projects
February 18, 2019

Thank you very much for your positive review of SBA! So glad that you benefit from our many learning opportunities and that you enjoy your work and colleagues. We wish you many happy years here at SBA.

Great Work Place
HR (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work - Love the Collegiality - Always challenged in what I do. I would recommend SBA Communications to others.
If you are looking for a fast paced and ever changing this is the place for you.
Pros
Good Pay, benefits and work life balance
Cons
None that I can think of.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your positive review of SBA! We are delighted that you love the collegiality and challenge. How awesome that you would recommend SBA to your friends, family and neighbors. Glad that you appreciate the pay levels, benefits and work-life balance.

Great Company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I have been working at SBA for 3 1/2 to almost 4 years and it has been awesome! The company truly cares about their employees! They have initiated a survey and they are taking into consideration all of the feedback provided! SBA also offers me a great work/life balance. I would definitely recommend SBA!
February 18, 2019

Thank you for the Five-Star review and recommending SBA! Yes, you are correct - we have initiated a survey and are listening carefully to team members' feedback to understand how we can get even better. Yes, you are also correct - we truly care about our employees.

Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 28, 2018
For me, three things are important: my manager, the business and my job. My manager challenges me, and helps me develop. SBA Communications is successful and growing. And my job is the best part - I get to do work that I love and that is fulfilling.

I highly recommend SBA and encourage you to apply for a job here.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, People
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review of SBA Communications. We are delighted that you are happy here.

Typical management
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastOctober 26, 2018
I have seen most of the good Managers over the last few years leave for better opportunities, not much support from upper management. Good place for you to get a little experience, no growth potential.
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
Lack of knowledge in management with no support.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for making the time to review SBA and sharing your feedback. We are sorry that your experience was less than ideal and hope you have found happiness with your new company.

Enjoyable Working Culture with great benefits. Lacking growth and pay.
ASSET OPTIMIZATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Great entry level financial/real estate analyst position.

Work Life Balance is poor with lack of growth potential and pay.

Benefits are great and the people are great to work with.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review of SBA and your candid feedback. We are pleased that you value the benefit package and the great group of people working at SBA. Your comments about work-life balance and growth are noted. I hope you participated in one of our recent focus groups to share more ideas for improvement.

Accounts Payable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This company gives it's employees room to grow within the company. Great pay, great benefits. The atmosphere is fast-paced, but allows you to work independently. Great place to work. They reward their employees for their work.
Pros
The company appreciates their employees.
Cons
Sometimes management can make work challenging.
February 18, 2019

Hello and thank you for your positive review of SBA Communications! We are delighted that you had a great experience here. Yes, it is fast-paced here but have the opportunity to learn and grow every day.

About my company
SQL/Tableau developer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
It is an excellent company to work, we have access to several courses to improve our professional capacity, in spite of a large volume of work, you are always open to talk about issues and accepted new suggestions. Amazing environment, we always receive gratefulness.
Great place to learn and grow
Admin Assistant/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
This company provided the best opportunities for learning new and interesting skills. Firm believers in cross training and making sure that the employees have access to the most current training and information to effectively do the job! This company cares greatly about the "work/life" balance and try to keep things family focused and friendly.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your positive review of SBA Communication and for taking the time to write it. So glad you believe SBA is a great place to learn and grow! We do care greatly about work-life balance and having a collegial work environment.

Job Security vs job growth
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2018
SBA has been a great company to work for. A typical day in my department is fast paced and I have some opportunity to make my own decisions to move things along efficiently which I enjoy. Management has seem to drop the ball on some issues when it comes to moral and unfortunately it is bringing somewhat of a toxic work environment. The difficulties being faced are lack of solid procedures within the department allowing a smoother flow of work which would help with quarterly goals. The culture is more about production to meet those goals as quickly as possible while not taking into consideration there is a need for more staff.
I enjoy the relationships I have made within the organization, especially with some of my peers who I have worked with for so long. To come to work and see the people who have started from the beginning like myself, truly feels like family at times and I appreciate that.
Pros
on site gym, fairly flexible schedule due to tenure, company is growing
Cons
healthcare becoming expensive, lack of hiring solid candidates, moral declining amongst employees, no advancement
February 18, 2019

Thank you for making the time to write such a thorough and thoughtful review. It is appreciated and the Pros and Cons have been noted. I hope you were able to join one of our recent employee focus group conversations and provide additional ideas to improve SBA. So glad to hear that your colleagues truly feel like family at times. That's great!

Typical Wireless Telecom Environment
Market Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
The project was no different from any other in that the team worked long hours to meet extremely agressive customer demands while being occasionally thwarted by events outside of our control. That said, it was a high energy environment and the team bonded over those challenges. People I met on that project are still my close friends.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Frustratingly unpredictable customer demands
A good place to work, not great
Site Administration Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2018
Poor training, poor team work, in the end it's all for themselves. Changes happened in the company like cutting the company's bonus which led to dissatisfaction in the work place.
Pros
Cafe and gym on site, constant employee training, paid 5Ks, team events, nice Christmas party
Cons
micromanaging, heavy workload, unrealistic expectations
Much better years ago
Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33487June 16, 2018
The company has gotten too big over the years and some of the new managers are clueless. Advancement is very difficult unless you fit in with one of the many groups in the various departments. .
Pros
company gym
Cons
Advancement is very difficult.
Great place
Database Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2018
Great place to work. Company promotes a healthy lifestyle and work/life balance. Managers are competent and encouraging. Compensation and benefits are appropriate.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your Five-Star Review! So glad you appreciate the healthy lifestyle and work-life balance that we are trying to promote. We are working hard to develop our leaders even further and am glad to hear that you feel our managers are competent and encouraging.

Working for the finance department was a great experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2018
Growing company with great compensation, benefits and culture, Exciting wireless communication industry with the chance to learn and grow with the company.
February 18, 2019

So glad you had a great experience working with our Finance Team! Yes, this industry is exciting and we are all able to learn a lot every day. Thank you for the kudos on the compensation, benefits and culture. Best of luck to you.

Great place to work, great culture
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2018
Enjoyed working there, my coworkers were helpful and made me feel comfortable while learning my job. The management were caring and always kept in mind the goals without making the staff feel stressed.
Pros
Great location and campus
Cons
Weird parking space
Signal Tower Site Purchase and Leasing was educational and easy for me vs. real estate sales
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at SBA Communications, I managed over 600 sites, bought many sites and extended many land leases over 55 years. I enjoyed utilizing my real estate and legal experience to negotiate leases and land purchases with attorneys all over the country. I wish I did not have to move away from the area, I would love to return to work for SBA again in real estate acquisition.
Pros
negotiated leases and purchases from the office, no travel
Cons
working in small office cubicles, the conference room events
Great company to work for
Construction Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2018
SBA is a great company to work for. With the various opportunities within the company, one can find their place and take advantage of growth opportunities when available.
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 25, 2018
Typical day is to go into office and enjoy it. This is a fun atmosphere, lots of intelligent folks work there and work hard and play hard. Top of the line sites and PM's.
Relaxed enviroment
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Culture good. Work good. Management ok. Hardest part of the job was getting approvals for purchasing needed supplies. Most enjoyable part was the comraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Few advancement opportuinites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBA Communications. Our community is ready to answer.