SBBCOLLEGE Employee Reviews

Awesome staff
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Great instructors and staff was very involved with all students. Wish work days were more flexible, class was everyday, which is hard if you want another job.
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 27, 2018
In a teachable place of education, this place is great. Creating your own curriculum with the guidelines given. Work is very relaxed and collaborative with all the staff members. Education is important and the students are willing and ready to work.
Pros
humanistic growth
Cons
time
Very flexible and collaborative
INSTRUCTOR (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 23, 2018
I enjoy working at SBBCollege. They really care about their student success and the environment is very friendly and collaborative. While I wish I was paid more, I am only working part-time.

I really appreciate my manager there, she is very easy to work with and open to new ideas. The college is continuing to grow in terms of online formatting so theres various positive changes occurring within.
Pros
Flexible and amazing staff
Cons
Constantly changing, low pay
Co-workers were great, management cases nothing for the students and just wanted the monthly payments and wanted teachers to pass students so they pai
HVAC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 28, 2018
Poor management, director doesn't care about teachers our students, just how his numbers look to corporate. Material to build a working shop took nearly 6 months due to lack of corporate funding. I had to bring in my personal tools and use them because sbb couldn't provide them. Then they kept them after I left the company.
Pros
Educating people
Cons
Productive in my position but also in doing managers job as well
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 19, 2018
I was always told "WE" but ended up always being Me doing it all. Gets exhausting trying to do my job and the parts of the managers job having deadlines and what not. Not trained at all by previous manager either.
Pros
Owner Is a Great person and so is his family.
Cons
Prefer not to say
A great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 21, 2018
It was a place where I learned many different skills. I developed leadership abilities and learned how to be a good soldier, team player. I appreciate all the company did for me.
Good company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Good company to work for. At times when they employ certain people in management it can be intense, but otherwise it is a great company to work for. I have enjoyed my experience.
Overall Positive
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 8, 2017
Moved out of State after short employment period, but people and organization were very easy to work with, needed more internal structure though. Enjoyed overall.
Pros
Income and life balance
tutoring students
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 27, 2017
It was a fun school to work for. i got to make my own hours and work with the students to find what time best fit there scheduled. to my fellow students i would recommend this job if they needed a little extra income.
Excellent Administration
Lead Business Professor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 15, 2017
College leaders are keen with the needs of students and make their operational objectives a priority. Team comply strongly with their values and mission statement.
Balance of teaching students and enjoying the many people.
Facilitator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I worked part time. I enjoyed working for this company.

Prepared learning modules for students weekly and medical field trips..

Leaving was hard.
Pros
It was easy to assimilate into the work culture.
Cons
Sometimes it seemed as if the students had more say in the operation of the school than the faculty.
A lot of room to grow
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 20, 2016
I am not one to say anything bad about a business I just think that there is a lot of room for growth. I felt as though everyone was in a constant state of figuring things out, and there were no decisions being made.
horrible experience
Sociology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 15, 2016
A great place to gain experience and learn new skills. Management open to suggestions and willing to offer help when needed. great place to work
Fast paced
Career Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 18, 2016
I'm able to work with a variety of people and I am able to help my peers as opposed to just the public. Able to balance work and school even though it all takes place in the same building.
Pros
Location and conveinient
Cons
Pay
santa maria campus facility needs to renovations
Admission Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 22, 2016
great school, provides essential work skills and knowledge but the campus needs to be demolished and rebuilt or renovated. Roof leaks, asbestos present, plumbing needs to be replaced because it tends to back up and waste and feces come up onto the patio where students eat. Buildings are very outdated.
very good vocational college
Student (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 20, 2015
I was able to obtain the education needed to give me the skills to work as a vocational nurse. I obtained 900+ hours of hands on training in several medical facilities. The instructors were great and were able to answer all of my questions.
Pros
accelerated program
Great College to work at.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 9, 2015
I taught evening classes, so my time on campus was limited. The time I did have on site was great and I truly enjoyed the staff. I loved teaching the students but working a full time job while instructing weighed on my family time.
Pros
Helping students succeed
Cons
Away from my family more than I wanted to be
Conveinant to work where I attended school
private tutor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield CaMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people and helping with the academics of the students. I loved the effect I made on some of the students grades and overall success at the college. My day at work varied depending on appointments I had.
Community Development
Career Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 21, 2015
SBBC College is a school that is serious about creating productive professionals, with many exciting programs. The many graduates I have worked with are now serving the community with confidence enthusiasm. I was very successful and productive and enjoyed my career with SBBC College.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Great place to advance your CV
Adjunct Instructor M.B.A (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 15, 2015
I learned a lot and added many lines to my CV.
I was assigned a number of classes.
I was placed on many committees.
Everything changes quickly.
I solved a lot of problems.
Pros
5- week assignments
Cons
nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBBCOLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.