SBGA
45Low

SBGA Employee Reviews

United States106 reviews
Fun and Motivating Work Environment
I worked in the Call Center where about 50 or fewer people were all broken off into selective teams, based on your work pace and skills under pressure. I was on the gold team. The gold team mostly consisted of either highly skilled CCA's with higher call volume success or CCA's with the potential to be such. The hardest part for me would be convincing a new client to set an appointment with our company to review their system. I learned something new about the company and what we did and also how to explain that over the phone every day. Each team had a manager. Overall the workplace culture and environment were upbeat, fast pace, positive and very competitive with each team having certain goal numbers to meet and a certain break time to play games with prizes. Meeting with my team Outside Sales Rep. Via Skype was the most enjoyable part of work for me. Because that was when I more information about what kinda clients more or less my Rep. wanted me to set appointments with.
Started great
Loved it when I first got there, then they rehired someone to come in and RUIN everything that made it great. 90% of the team left. She had no idea what she was doing and made everything worse.
Good; you leave on time Bad; absolutely no OT and horrible management
The good; I only got alone with 1 girl. The company seems fake, everything is to scripted. The floor supervisors just sit in their chairs and yell at you to get a statement when they aren’t doing anything. They should also help out. You can tell when you’re not liked for no reason. A lot of pressure. The manager is very rude, has a high temper. Mostly females work with him. I think he feels some sort of empowerment towards working with woman. It’s not worth the drive nor the pay.
Family oriented
Everyone at Sbga is super welcoming, I came in not knowing a thing about inside sales and With the help of their team I was able to be at the top in the nsr department at one point and worked my way up to be part of the administration team. I definitely recommend this job to anyone who is willing to strive and make some money
Do your job and show up to work
I've been at sbga for a few good years. Stressful? Yes. Good? Yes? Can you make money? Oh yeah. Just get there and do your job. They are very serious about what they stand for. Quailty appointments and making money
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Depression sneaks up on you
When I was working here at sbga I was enjoying my time until the training course was over and night begins with a cold cause to certain business owners; only to receive insults.
Not a Good Place
I worked with this company about 4 years ago. They kept none of their promises. As an outside sales professional, be prepared to have everything you offer revolve around placement of a leased payment processing terminal, not always in the best interest of the client.
The only money I ever got from them was the cost of the airfare to fly to training. The promised incentives were all tied to call activity and participation in "mentoring" calls. After participating in one from a landline instead of the cell number they had on file I was deemed to have missed a call and my login credentials were shut off. I called my mentor to verify and decided it wasn't worth fighting for a busy work job that I hated and would do anything they could to not pay me.
Pros
Training was ok but not really truthful about what the job entailed.
Cons
Everything else.
Sbga
A typical day here at SBGA, walk in, clock in, listen to the morning huddle which consists of a same message that is repeated everyday, " get on the phones and get off the zero list". The "zero list" are two words that we at the call center dread to hear. To some it feels like weight on our shoulders before even starting the day, for some it is super easy to make a call and convince a person on the other end of the phone to accept whatever we pitch them. For some it is a daily reminder of our failure and how we can turn it around by trying extra harder. Once we are given our assignments and given locations to call, we begin the calls until the clock ends. The most enjoyable part is lunch time because it is 1 hour away from the phones and to recollect your thoughts.
this job provides a great opportunity for the right person
this job was a little bit mind-numbing and repetitive to me. for someone who likes to be on the phone and computer all day this is for you. it provides good experience and an introduction into the sales world.
Fun at first, dreading after sometime.
You can exceed here but, it’s about 1/10 that can excel here. Fun people to be around. But management is not very well managed. A lot of people here are friendly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SBGA?
Pretty good company with good mentors and mangament
I had a great time at SBGA.
Sometimes the tasks can feel unachievable but, the management does everything they can to motivate you to the goals.

And there's fun cash games.

I would recommend this job to a friend.
Bad Management
SBGA wasn’t a terrible place to work at, a lot of the co workers at SBGA were great to work with. However, the upper management didn’t know how to do their jobs.
Trustworthy?
This is not a trustworthy company. The contracts required by clients are of ridiculously long length and have hidden information of which you are not informed.
Great Job
Great Job,

Great people , friendly environment, had the pleasure of meeting interesting people. Never a dull moment always learning something new. Good location
Do not work for them
First off you are told that you are a business consultant; in-which you are not. A business consultant is someone that has business knowledge on running a successful business. Selling and installing systems is NOT a business consultant. YOU ARE A 1099 OUTSIDE SALES.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER HAVE THEM CALL TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS FOR YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO WALK IN TO SOME VERY ANGRY MERCHANTS. The call center can't take no for an answer and will set you up for failure.

The training was one week long. No shuttle to the training center. You might want to get a rent-a-car... Training was a book with fill-in-the-blanks. Mentors are worthless when you get out in the field. Mine never called me back or texted. Had two of them and they are the same.

You will be stuck with their Monday webinar that is mainly about CDP Cash Discount Program and if your not certified you will never get your full promised pay.

Merchants complaints are simple. Auto-batching seems to always be incorrect. Most merchants never catch the issues because they aren't any good with numbers. But if they look at the NET GROSS on their system and check they bank account the next day it will always be less.

When calling SBGA about this issue they never take responsibility or they say they will look into it. Never resolved.
A dictatorship
Not a pleasant place to work. Would not recommend unless only thing your good at is appointment setting. I was averaging about 800 calls per day cold calling and this was not acceptable for employee performance.
Pros
Easy access by car
Cons
Never satisfied with employee performance
Constant turnover, cold calling
I wondered why there was a new hire class every week. They basically give you a phone book and you're expected to cold call angry business owners and sell them credit card machines. Low pay and run down, dirty cubicles. Constant ants all over. Glad I'm out of there.
Pros
Free arrowhead water
Cons
Just about everything else
Do not recommend this job option. Micromanagers on all.
They promise you an "onboard bonus" There is "no onboard bonus", is your own airplane tickets money. What a joke, if you complete the first week training in CA, get half back, if you do not complete the second week training at home, they keep the rest of your money and you are done. Very deceiving, micromanaging and unprofessional practices on new people.
Business Consultant Assistant
I would sit down in my cube, put my headset on and call small businesses to interest them in buying services that would make it easier to run there business, and I would make an appointment for them to meet with the sales rep.
The opportunity is NOT there.
It sounds all good at first, they suck you into training in California, put you up in a nice condo. But that is where it ends. They lie, lie, lie. You can not trust anyone there to tell you the realistic truth of the opportunity, the support is not there for the equipment or how to calculate their rates. No one can figure it out- not even them! They book horrible appointments that customers have no idea, interest or want to know more about. There are no less than 12 other competitors doing the EXACT same thing in each and every market. My recommendation is to run as far from SBGA as you can. Unless you enjoy below minimum wage, long hours and horrible confusing training.
One of the nice things about SBGA was they had free (or very low-cost) coffee for their workers. Their staff meeting were very, very upbeat.
This company sold credit card scanners to businesses. I used Google to sort through businesses, make a call list and call businesses directly. I liked that they gave their employees an hour lunch.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBGA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7