SBGA Employee Reviews

Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 17, 2018
They suck . I as company. I repeatedly asked my manager and his manager for help and got nothing. How can someone be able to do their job when management does not care to help them. This company SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
nothing is good aboud SBGA
Cons
Very stressful environment but managment was extremely nice and helpful.
BCA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2018
Be committed or you're not going to do very well. Very stressful environment with the work being you need to stand your own or you would tore down by people on the phone not wanting to listen to you.
Pros
Management was nice, hour long lunch break, two 15 mins breaks.
Cons
Stressful, people cussed you out, people threatened you, not making your quota
can't work for a company LIKE THIS.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2018
Co-workers were extremely helpful, more than the management itself!
If it weren't for my senior reps then i don't know how i managed to take so many calls on a regular basis and keep it up.
I realized it wasn't doing this job for me, I took no pride in working here. I hate lying to people. I want to HELP people not HINDER.
Even with pay adjusted THIS JOB wasnt enough to have to walk away at the end of the day and think of my job as "just a job" and nothing more to it... personally i cant go about my days with a guilty conscience.
LAAATTTEESSS! :)
Pros
coworkers, pay was fine
Cons
management; hours
Loved this Job..
Business Sales Consultant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2018
It was an amazing place to work i grew a lot. I had some amazing supervisors, I always had an competitive spirit. I was a team lead on my team. I controlled the calander and my job was to train other team leaders
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
very strict with Time
Decent company
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2018
SBGA is a decent company to work for if you can handle being in a high paced sales environment. Management style differs from department to department. Some are great, others not so much. All in all its a good company to get your feet wet in sales; but don't expect to make a career out of it.
Glorified Credit Card Sales
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 28, 2018
Don't let them fool you, your selling credit card services basicly everything they offer is tied to funding from the merchant services. They way over sell their products and services - don't preform as we are told to sell. Can't represent a company in my community that is one step up from a scam. They shorted my pay, kept raising goals, never satisfied, always want more and more from their sales reps. Yet as a rep you front all expenses (even for your business cards) and no reimbursement, need to audit and fight for every $ owed to you, rules for ever changing. Bottom line if you want to sell credit card services that are not competitive in industry rates for this area, and want to spend more than you make working 80 hours a week only to get harped on... this is the perfect job for you.
outbound sales
Business Consultant Assistance (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 7, 2018
Fast Paced Call Center. Hands on Supervisor. 260 outbound calls per day required. Bonus pay is based on how may appointments set per day. Great training program and good incentives for new employees. Overtime offered
Pros
2 -15 minutes breaks are paid for
Cons
Paid twice a month and you have call/appointment requirementa
This is a cool company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 18, 2018
I personally love it here. The people i work with are great and we have formed friendships outside the workplace. The culture is really fun if your willing to work hard during business hours. You can make really good money here if your successful. I actually like it here.
Pros
A lot of money to be made, fun company events for employees
Cons
parking sucks
Not a viable business model
Independent Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2018
The market for merchant services is over saturated. They might label themselves a co-op but merchant services is where their bread is buttered. I can see this business model working in a smaller market but metropolitan area merchants are heavily inundated with calls and visits and have a bad taste in their mouths because of it.
Pros
0 requirements or expectations.
Cons
0 requirements or expectations.
Fun Work Environment.
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at SBGA starts with a team meeting to go over goals that need to be met weekly and monthly. They motivate sales with high commission rates. It was a good place to learn about sales techniques and benefits of researching your client's needs. Management is excellent there because they spend a good amount of time developing each individual's talent. The most enjoyable part of this position was the competitive aspect. It challenged me to be at my best at all times.
Pros
High Comissions.
Cons
Short breaks.
Applicant Beware
CSR (Former Employee) –  To longFebruary 25, 2018
If you’re a “Yes Man” or have no moral compass you’ll fit in perfectly. If you’re ambitious and have a strong moral code, run away. The pay is horrible and the calls are can be very stressful. Management wants you to know everything about their product(s) and fix the callers issue but not pay a rate that equals that amount of knowledge. The management team is alway restructuring and their “bonus”structures to make it more difficult to achieve while pushing product that the callers are not wanting. PTO is a joke as is their sick pay. PTO is very minimal and if you don’t have the full time available you will be denied the time off. Sick pay is at the state minimum. The health insurance is outrageous in price. Management prefers to back each other and the customer and not the employee. Make everything that you get everything in writing or have another person there to support their claim or statement(s) because they will lie, cheat and give you push back.
not for me
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 23, 2018
I didn't like the ethics of the company as they were not intended to really help the customers. Lots of complaints from customers Cool people to work with but not for me long term.
not a good place to work if you need money
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
very frustrating place to work. everything is a mess no one knows whats going on.You never know when you will get paid. there is a new person almost every time you call for help.
Fun fast paced job really competitive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Make a certain amount of calls in a certain amount of time .. try to schedule appointments and make sales the management are really cool but the minute you don't make there quota they will let you go
Pros
Games and raffles
Cons
Stressful
Awesome sales job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 5, 2018
You get what you give. Must be self starter and motivated. It takes a lot of effort, but can be very rewarding. It is hard work, but fun and exciting.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful and competitive
Pays off really well if you actually go to work!
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 3, 2017
I'm a current employee and love the support and positive attitude within the company. You need to be a self starter for sales, but if you put in the time and hard work, you will be rewarded! I've worked in sales for 20+ years, and have never seen a better pay plan, but you have to put in the effort! YOU need to be out doing your job. You can't just sit around and think it will just show up. Motivated individuals who will chase their business down WILL succeed! Your peers here will help you if you reach out, but you need to be an active and motivated individual.
Pros
Flexibility
SBGA is a great company to work for!
SBGA SEO Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 19, 2017
SBGA is has a great working environment and management team. The organization and dedication to employee training make it easy to learn.

I have learned how to multi-task and be a more productive employee which makes my day very smooth.

The one thing I like the most is that they treat every employee with respect and have a positive growth attitude! I LOVE THAT!
Pros
Great Management!
Cons
My favorite coffee not in the break room
Business Consultant Assistant
Business Consultant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 13, 2017
I like the work day. 7am until 3:45 m-f is a pretty good schedule. I was used to working part time at random hours, and this is way better for me because I know my schedule in advance. Some paychecks are for $900, some are for $3000, but it averages out to quite a bit more than I was making at my old job. The management is really chill, and they will help you succeed. The job itself is fun and rewarding because you get to help business owners by saving them money to run their business.
Pros
Hours, pay, coworkes, management
Cons
I wish they catered lunch more often! lol
Good Start to Office Setting
National Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This is a good start in your career in phone sales. A lot of time is spent on the phone so use it to your advantage to gain sales experience. Managers try to make environment fun but culture is not for everyone. Make sure you are able to excel in fast pace, loud environment and count on your own positive energy. I wouldn't recommend long term.
Pros
Incentives, lively work place
Cons
Short breaks, in and out structure
Working here
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2016
I worked here for the pas 2 years years and and found that having great work ethic pays off and gets recognition. I started from the phone center and moved up a few times. I have to say the management here will work with you and they keep moving direction you want to of.

Typical day I answer emails and help our sales teams, and look over documents and get them to the right places.

The best part of this place is the people who work here, we all treat each other like friends and sometimes even 2nd families. If your looking to for a great place to work with great people then this is the place.
Pros
vacation time and time off