SC Fuels Employee Reviews

Temp Job - Ended Abruptly
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  San DiegoNovember 6, 2018
The office experienced some turnover while I worked there and they used me to bridge the gap. Decentralized company. Small San Diego Office. They sent some folks down from LA to train me after which I worked autonomously. I really liked it as a change from big corporate environment, but working in a small decentralized office is not for everyone.
good
Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925June 19, 2018
good place to work, day by day is something different, is challenging making the deliveries but when you get the hang of it becomes easier every time.
Delivery Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2018
I delivered Oil products. Loaded and Unloaded either by hand or thru PTO pump system. I unload by hand from case size to 325 gallon totes. It was very manual labor Job.
Friendly people to work with and Management was great
Admin (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COMay 1, 2018
SC Fuels offered advancement, but at that time in my life part time worked best for me. The benefits I received were comparable for the hours worked. Certain days you busted your butt and other days were pretty relaxed.
Amazing people work here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 26, 2018
I loved walking into work everyday and having genuine conversations with people. The workload was heavy but fast-paced and exciting. I learned so much from everyone there.
Great company just not enough on the compensation and career advancement at the time I was there
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure at SC Fuels and the customers were great to work with, I was looking for a fast track career advancement and it wasn't available when I was there. I was given much freedom as an outside sales rep and I enjoyed working for a boss that was confident that I was reliable and trustworthy.
Pros
employee recognition, nice work environment
Cons
career advancement was slow to non-existent, management not open to new ideas
No where to move up
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT/ ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 23, 2018
Management is poor and there aren't many opportunities to grow within the company unless you relocate. Raises are not set and very difficult to come by
Cons
no set time for pay raise
Great employees but not room for advancement
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 14, 2018
Environment and employees are great. But the wage is low and there is no room for advancement. Got limited training and its hard to build vacation days.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay
productive, fun. rewarding
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 3, 2018
They are a well run Company. Good people to work with. They offer good incentives and work to make it a fun and exciting place to work.
The managers are there to assist and make it a goal oriented place to work
Pros
raffles, lunches
Cons
communication lacks at times
Very well managed company
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 2, 2017
Very well managed family owned business with a diverse set of business units. I appreciated the family atmosphere and camaraderie with my peers. The business is well positioned for success.
Not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 24, 2017
No opportunity for advancement. Hours are not consistent. Low pay. Spend a lot of money on wellness program but not employees. No one is healthy though. Be prepared to get wrote up on a regular basis due to monitoring systems in trucks that are inaccurate. HR is very unfriendly. Contribution for 401k is 1.5%. Minimal PTO then company limits when you can take it. There are always issues getting fuel. Company is very unorganized.
Pros
Get off early all of the time. (if you don't need hours)
Cons
Compensation, Hours, Unorganized, no care for employees
Very Stressfull
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2017
It started out a very good company to work for, then they got new management and then everything changed. Work became very stressful and they demanded more but no increase in pay or compensation.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
managment
A great atmosphere and a company that cares
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 23, 2017
SC Fuels is a fantastic company. The culture is amazing and the people are wonderful. Advancement is a little slow and the technology is behind the times. Other than that, the company is one of the best I've been a part of.
Pros
Culture, Upper Mangement, Values
Cons
Advancement Opportunities, Compensation
professional, fun smart
Commercial Delivery Driver Class A & B (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2017
typical day in office learning each and every day learning new things in general by been responsible, helping others to be perform at the best of there abilities, taking other advice to perform at the of my abilities communication is key to success.
Pros
lunch
Cons
usual 30 min break
Productive work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2016
You are given all the tools needed to complete your job. Management is always present and available to answer questions. It is very much your typical office environment.
Pros
Cons
pay
Fast pace hard lifting
Title Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2016
SC fuels protects there employees and compensates well very competitive atmosphere and always work to be done. Job can sometimes be dangerous but they take employee safety to the max.
Pros
Lunch and bonus
Cons
Out side rain or shine
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJune 1, 2016
Good management and employees. Great environment. Easy access to all needed equipment and products it took to do your .Job
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mediocre pay
Hard work, and for someone that has never done Fuel delivery, this is a good start.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAMay 25, 2016
For someone with a lot of driving experience, this might not be the job because they will pay you as if you had just come out of driving school. If you just got your license, this might be a great start for you!! weather you have no experience or have 10 years of driving experience (with no Fuel experience), they will pay you equally the same (sucks), which is $18/hr. For hauling Fuel, and doing the labor too!! It's just to low for an experienced driver.
Pros
Medical benefits are good.
Cons
Low pay, you must drive for two years a bobtail before being considered to drive truck and trailer.
Great company, Good corporate structure
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
My time at SC Fuels was great I loved the people I worked with and my office staff. I would highly recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Free Lunches, bar-b ques each month, Free clothing
Cons
Nothing bad about this company.
Sc fuels
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2016
Great environment and I learned a lot. My supervisor was very supportive and always made sure I was taken care of. He had an open door policy and was a great leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SC Fuels. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about