SC JOHNSON Employee Reviews

SCJ changed during my tenure
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 1, 2018
When I joined SCJ, the company was interested in the hiring a unique set of people who solve problems and develop products. Over time this focus changed to people who would work over (50) hr weeks and do as they were told.

Until 2015, approximately, there was no defined method of achieving promotion or opportunities for advancement. Moving forward required being on good terms with your boss, good or bad, and having them pull you up through the ranks,
Pros
Good pay and benefots
Cons
Culture change, frequent reorganizations, and layoffs
Excellent
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 23, 2018
Excellent place to work for any level of people. Flexible working hours and encourages people to learn new technologies and facilities provided to employees are superb
Poorly managed
SAP Security Administrator/ID Admin Administrator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 3, 2018
Great company with uneducated non-qualified upper management. The business had no alignment with their technological capabilities for production or distribution
Production: Cut throat
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 13, 2018
Have to keep to your self in there, a lot of racism in that building and its cut throat. everybody is not the same but theres alot of racists people in control there.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Good place to work. Easy money. I have nothing More to say.
Paid training, good benefit s. People are easy to get along with and very helpful in training if they have done your job before.
SC Johnson - A Family Company
Virtual Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 24, 2018
Company is well established, family owned, truly committed to it's employees.
Beautiful campus, offices in which to work.
Recognizable brand names. SCJ is committed to creating environmental friendly products.
Family Company
Senior Regulatory Specialist Compliance and Safety (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Family company with a clear goal of providing for their employees and their families. Teams are built for the long-haul and their employee engagement is solid.
benefits
Cons
career development
Store at lcation
Train and coach co-workers through PLM (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 23, 2018
Worked very hard every day. Communicated with different levels. I buy all of SC Johnson products, they have a discount store on the premises for all household goods.
excellent family company for their employees
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 21, 2018
Numerous positions in the company per my resume. Started as a Tour Guide, customer service mail area, and retired as a Corporate Account representative for multi million corporations.
Pros
excellent room for promotions and pay
Cons
got burnt out
It’s a great place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 15, 2018
I learned how to operate/work on new machines, I started in the aerosols department and am now in the injection molding department, molding is a lot more fast paced, which I enjoy much more.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It’s not located near the place I want to live
ok
Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 4, 2018
I was not pleased at all with my experience. If you like to have a voice in the workplace this is not a place for you. I'm glad I was only there on a contract. This is just my opinion and maybe this is different for others.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 27, 2017
It wasn't a bad job just wasn't getting enough hours
They had good managers and it wasn't too hard of work. I would recommend them if they get more hours to work
Pros
Paid breaks/lunches
Cons
Not alot of hours
S.C. is a great place to work with decent pay.
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 23, 2017
S.C. Johnson is a fabulous place to work, especially with it being a family-owned business. The history behind the building makes it an interesting campus to tour in addition to keeping it a place that is never boring with all of the cool development that goes on in their product development department (confidential).
Pros
Wonderful campus and work staff
Cons
Very few.
Rapidly Changing Culture
Regional LEAN Leader - Logistics (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 18, 2017
Relationships are still very important.
New leadership within Operations is causing some difficulty within the workforce. However, those who achieve are rewarded.

The culture is rapidly changing.
Dysfunctional Family Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 8, 2017
Poor management and lack of focus, at least in my area of the company. Mean and rude clique environment. Hard for new people to fit in. And by “new” I mean less than 10 years with company!!
Fast paced labor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 2, 2017
Fill former's and shipping cases, un-jam the production line. Go through questionable product. Discuss trouble shooting equipment with techs and see what we could do to solve problem.
Pros
educational
Cons
Short breaks, less wage then full employee
Very Productive and fun company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 30, 2017
S.C. Johnson is a great company to work for. All of the information that was given to me during my training was great, even though I have never worked in a production company it is a great company to work for and all of the benefits that are offered within the company are great. There are a lot of people to meet and grow with in the company.
Pros
HR is available for you
Cons
N/a
Great Co-Op job
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 19, 2017
Working as an engineering co-op at SCJ was great as a high schooler, and I would have continued if not for moving on to college. A typical day required me to update/create CAD files, occasionally send out reports, and work with other employees on projects. As a co-op, the job was never too difficult, but I did come across challenges in some of the work.
Contractors Perspective
IT Consultant Wintel Engineering (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 7, 2017
I have worked at SCJ on several projects. The most recent was typical of all those in the past. It's not horrible, but management is challenged, and projects drag on infinitely longer than need.
Pros
Remote work is always an option
Cons
Accomplishment is a dirty word!
It was a place to work
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIAugust 14, 2017
It was a fairly good job but not enough hours, and not willing make the contractors full time employees even after for some 10 years of being there. It was nice to be able to shop at the store and purchased items at a much lower price.
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
Work place not very safe I got hurt there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SC JOHNSON. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight