SC JOHNSON Culture reviews

SCJ changed during my tenure
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 1, 2018
When I joined SCJ, the company was interested in the hiring a unique set of people who solve problems and develop products. Over time this focus changed to people who would work over (50) hr weeks and do as they were told.

Until 2015, approximately, there was no defined method of achieving promotion or opportunities for advancement. Moving forward required being on good terms with your boss, good or bad, and having them pull you up through the ranks,
Pros
Good pay and benefots
Cons
Culture change, frequent reorganizations, and layoffs
Excellent
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 23, 2018
Excellent place to work for any level of people. Flexible working hours and encourages people to learn new technologies and facilities provided to employees are superb
SC Johnson - A Family Company
Virtual Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 24, 2018
Company is well established, family owned, truly committed to it's employees.
Beautiful campus, offices in which to work.
Recognizable brand names. SCJ is committed to creating environmental friendly products.
S.C. is a great place to work with decent pay.
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 23, 2017
S.C. Johnson is a fabulous place to work, especially with it being a family-owned business. The history behind the building makes it an interesting campus to tour in addition to keeping it a place that is never boring with all of the cool development that goes on in their product development department (confidential).
Pros
Wonderful campus and work staff
Cons
Very few.
Rapidly Changing Culture
Regional LEAN Leader - Logistics (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 18, 2017
Relationships are still very important.
New leadership within Operations is causing some difficulty within the workforce. However, those who achieve are rewarded.

The culture is rapidly changing.
Overview
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 14, 2017
Great company to work for where management gets more for less. The culture was slowly changing and hard to say in what direction before I left. Its a great place to start if your are looking for manufacturing and lean experience.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
You are always on
Questionable management
Senior Associate Entomologist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 11, 2017
SCJ likes to tout being a family company, but what that really means is that the Johnson family is only beholden to itself. The culture appears relaxed but it's really more confused. Meeting rarely conclude with anything else than another meeting. It's a revolving door of employees.
Pros
The benefits are great
Cons
No clear job role, management that don't understand what projects they assign
na
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there although I was a temp I loved it. I tried to get hired in and politics took over which was one of the reasons I grew to dislike the hiring process they have. I would love to actually be hired in and show the best work I have but they hardly give anyone a chance.
upbeat managers providing work/life balance and dedication to product management
SAP PLM label specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 9, 2017
Daily tasks and emails and meeting project milestones, summarizes the weekly activities. Management was upbeat and dedicated to guiding team to best results. The culture was friendly and positive. Hardest part of the job, is learning new skills quick enough to hit the ground running for new projects, but learning is enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
long and slow hiring process
Working on your own tasks and also feeling a sense of family.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 31, 2016
I learned how to speak with others in situations when the consumer was irrational and abrasive. Keeping composure and helping them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Meetings
Cons
Getting yelled at
Pay is good but its no family company.
Level 15 technician (Current Employee) –  Bay City MichiganNovember 17, 2016
Current employee/production technician with a lot of years at Bay City Site. This used to be a great place to work but not anymore. Used to be you had to practically kill somebody to get in trouble around here, let alone fired but now we've let more good people go than I can count in just the last year. The morale and culture are noting to write home about. Work with same people for long hours and never speak a word to each other. Its sad. People and management seem out to catch you making a mistake. There are perks, mostly the pay, but that's just a trap to stay in a soul sucking place.The new human resources regime rules the site with an iron fist so if you think they care about you, you'll be dissappointed. The swing shift is harder than you think and takes a lot outta you. Times have really changed in Bay City and I'm just happy to be retiring soon. I wouldn't recommend friends or family to work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swing shift. Human resources. Management style.
Pretty chill job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 19, 2016
I got to work with a bunch of people daily, the work was slow and repetitive but working alongside people made it better. I would gladly go back to work for SC Johnson
Great working atmosphere
SAP Secuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 29, 2016
Everybody is very friendly and work together to achieve the goals. Very relax atomosphere and experience employees who help each other to meet the deadlines and deliverable.
A Different World
Long Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 15, 2016
This is not your parents' SCJ. What was once a culture of family is now a cut throat operation looking at the bottom line instead of people.
Overall, a pretty decent company.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 23, 2016
Overall, a pretty decent company. Very difficult to get into; must know someone on the inside. Company culture and atmosphere was relaxed.
Overall Good
Sr. Associate - Hosting Platform Engineer (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 23, 2016
Diverse culture, multi-national, globally competitive.

Provide training.

Family culture with family benefits.

Global opportunity.

Have been on transformation

A lot of opportunities
Pros
Multi-national
great place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 13, 2016
great place to work would still work there but it was for a temp servers but overrall i would go back if i could but they care about famlemy and u get days off great binafits
Pros
great place for famleys
Cons
Family company, even thought recently went through a lot of lay offs, but people impacted were treated well
Director - Business Process and Technology (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 29, 2015
Nice place to work. The culture is changing. Private company, so they do not have to react to the Stock Market analysts. I enjoyed my career there, I should have left sooner.
Very reliable work enviroment
Dock Supoort (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 5, 2015
it was a great company to work for. Management and coworkers were very helpful. always enjoyed going to work. Was a very safe place.
Pros
treated employees very well
Cons
i moved
Great place to work, the people are very nice to work with
Corporate Account Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2015
Great place to work, the people are very nice and great to work with, I enjoyed working with the company and the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SC JOHNSON. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight