SCANA Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible culture for a company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 3, 2018
Management will tell you that they have an open door policy but when you take advantage of the open door that puts a target on your back. They would hire a call of 13-15 people then by then by the end of training there would be 6-8 people. They have mangers that would say they made a mistake with hiring all type A personalities and they will not hire like that again. They say they want change but when they feel like change is about to happen they will find anything to fire you. I would not recommend them unless you like to be worried about getting fired for the most minute things.
Job
Employee Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCMay 30, 2018
My typical day starts out with me checking my emails to see if I had missed anything the day before. Then I proceed to process the employees coverage.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, 401k and retirement
Scana
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SC 29405May 8, 2018
Benefits are ok....management not good. Probably wouldn't return here even if offered double pay. Maybe good job for some people though. Very large parking lot. Nice size cafeteria.
Job review
Meter Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 6, 2018
A typical day at my job consort of providing technical computer support for Electric Operations dealing with smart meters data and analysis of databases that store meter data info for our industrial and large commercial customers. We assist field personnel in troubleshooting and replacing and testing meter equipment in the field. Complete service orders using our Customer Information System. The hardest part of my job is having to sit at a desk for long hours everyday, because my job centers around using a desktop with multiple screens. Our management is very supportive and are very knowledgeable of the business. I’ve learned a lot since working in Electric Operations and I continue to learn daily. Previously I worked 11.5 years in the IT area of the company proving infrastructure support. I still collaborate with areas of IT on projects so this knowledge comes in handy. The most enjoyable part of my job is troubleshooting problems and working with other engineers and technical people who are very knowledgeable of the Electric/Utility business.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long commute and long hours sitting at a desk
Review
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2018
SCANA has been a great place to work! The people are friendly and I have been enjoying my time over the past 2 months there. I would recommend this.
Great people to work with!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 30, 2018
Scana Energy provided a great place to work that was casual and sensitive to the otherwise stressful work environment. They had an onsite gym, quiet room to relax, plus an area for air hockey, ping pong, and Foosball. The supervisors were encouraging, and engaging in a very hands on approach to any problems or complaints in the work place.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Not a lot of job advancment
accounts payable
Clerk for Accounts Payable & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 29, 2018
I really enjoy working at SCANA and cherished the workplace environment. I enjoy the work experience and gain of knowledge in accounts payable department of the company.
Pros
All aspects are great at the company
Cons
None to speak of the company
Crs
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 16, 2018
The working environment is great. Sometimes it is very fast paced with multiple calls in que and other times it can be very slow, with 20-30 minutes between phone calls. You do get optional time off (without pay) or optional overtime during busy times.
Pros
Optional Time Off, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, No Pay Incentives
n/a
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 14, 2018
they are strick on adherence
strict in attendance
systems are difficult to navigate
the on call process is crazy
supervisors are ok
not a good place to work with small children
Complicated now that another company is acquiring
Sr. System Programmer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 31, 2018
SCANA has gone through changes since I left them. They removed the mainframe from their IT department. They are now in the process of being acquired by another company.
A positive work environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 17, 2018
The people and the work environment are good. Overall I looked forward to going to work each day. The recent abandonment of a nuclear construction project has created concerns that the company may be bought out and employees may face downsizing.
Great place
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2018
I've enjoyed my eleven years with the company and saddened that my time has come to an end. I've learned a lot of useful, insightful and reliable information.
Great environment in a well balanced work/home life.
Technical Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCJanuary 2, 2018
I really enjoy working at SCANA and cherished the workplace environment. I valued the opportunity to gain knowledge in different departments of the company.
Great Place to Work
Distribution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2017
SCANA was a very good place to work with involved management and great collaboration from a diverse team of engineers. I left to pursue an extremely higher paying position.
Pros
Facilities are amazing
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCDecember 3, 2017
Average customer service job. Was grateful to have the experience. Was a contract positon. Was offered the opportunity at second job to advance and decided to take on the position.
SCANA has many great attributes of working and their culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at SCANA begins at 8 and ends at 5:00 with an hour for lunch. However, these hours are flexible. The culture at SCANA is very respectful of each other. People are willing to help you with questions about your jobs. The management is very approachable. Code of conduct class is a requirement of employment every year. Management expects people to follow this code of conduct. I enjoyed my role as a business analyst. I had the opportunity to interact with many people at the company based on my job duties and requirements.
A job that is not for everyone.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE SPHERION STAFFING (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at SCANA, however, I feel that this type of job is not for everyone. I learned a lot about customer service while working there and the hardest part about the job would be dealing with difficult customers but you learn how to deal with it in time.
Old-fashioned company with no culture
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
If you like sitting in a cube for 8 hours without talking to anyone, this is the place for you. Slow-paced, boring, and no sense of accomplishment or direction.
great place to work
customer relations specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 29, 2017
I liked the stead pace and kept me active during my hours of work there. I felt like I got paid for the work I performed for the company. I also liked my spacious space for work.
Business Intelligence Architect V (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCOctober 29, 2017
SCANA is a solid company with many good perks and benefits. This is a great place to start and build a career with many learning opportunities and different paths to grow.