ScanSource Employee Reviews

Great place to get your feet wet and gain experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2018
Great place to get your feet wet just not enough compensation and growth potential. Good starting point to learn the industry but keep your eyes open if you want to grow and make more and have more opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
low ceiling
Productive and Supportive Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2018
Awesome work-life balance. Helpful management. Culture to support growth and opportunities. On site gym and health coaches. Below average to average compensation.
Rapidly going downhill - Great first job
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 2, 2018
I was hired shortly after graduating college and was a full time employee for 12.5 years. Within my first 6 years of working there I had 3 promotions. The culture was still great then, I truly felt thankful to be employed there.

One of the original founders left shortly after that and the culture went downhill consistently from there on out. Poor management, very little room for advancement, favortism, over worked & underpaid, etc.

There are some perks of working there - on site gym/fitness classes, lots of company funded lunches, a yearly Halloween costume contest & family trick or treating (always a blast), & often fun after hour vendor funded events. Looking back there were many weeks of work where I was there 45+ hours between being overworked, vendor dinners and after work commitments and given that you already aren't paid well...

An upside is vacation accrual, I had 4 weeks of paid vacation at 10 years there & had I made it to 15 years I would have had 5 weeks. Another upside would be the people, there truly are some great people that work there and that will remain lifelong friends. I am so thankful for the friends that I made there.

I thought that the benefits were great until I moved on to another company. Now I have better benefits and pay 1/2 the expense. Not to mention my salary is much higher and commission is limitless.

It's a great place to start your career but not for you if you are ambitious and want to continue to advance AND make more money.
Pros
The people, vacation time, on-site gym/fitness classes
Cons
Pay, Advancement, Management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 4, 2018
Great company to work for...Co-workers are the best. I worked with a good team. I learn something new all the time. Cross-trained in all areas of the warehouse. Looking for better opportunity and better pay.
Pros
Exercise and reading room, state of the art facility
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement
Fast-paced work place and convenient enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2018
I would rate Scansource as a 9%. They are very great and fun to work for but the benefit package has changed. They will work with schedule as needed and will provide overtime to selected employees.
Pros
Scheduling
Benefits
Overall good company
Project Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work:
Working in a technical environment,

Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.

Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.

What I learned:
Lots of new technology to learn all the time

Management:
Management not always fair

Workplace Culture:
Warehouse environment technical assemblers, mostly nice people. A few spoil the bunch.

The hardest thing about the job:
The hardest part is training new people on a regular basis and letting
them go when a temporary assignment was over.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
What I liked the most the the ability to learn new technology and devices
Pros
Flexible lunch schedule in my department
Cons
Having to work unexpected overtime
Productive workplace with great culture
Operations Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 7, 2019
ScanSource was a wonderful place to work at with friendly co-workers that strive on getting their tasks completed. A typical day at work included meeting with executives and having fun while doing your job. The management at ScanSource are very willing to assist any of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, fun games, no time clock
UnderPaid
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work is keying invoices, working issues, and anything that may come up during that day. Management has a hard time separating friendship from work. This is were the down fall is. The culture of ScanSource is amazing. My department is very laid back. Those "benefits" sort of make up for the lack in pay. I have a 4 year degree and I am not nearly paid enough for everything I do. I feel as if I am used for my skills. Several people I feel have the job to be able to come and socialize...going back to the cant separate work from friends. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
free stuff, leave early on fridays, flexible hours
Cons
managment gossips and has favorites/little room for advancement
Awesome Place to work
Custom Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 19, 2018
Everyone was awesome, I was treated like a person and that made me want to work harder. The only negative about this job for me is the drive, if I lived closer it would be a dream.
A fun workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 18, 2018
It was a good place to work at , I had a chance to work on every shift , management supervisors human resources all great people everyone got along it was a good place to work at
Pros
Free lunches every quarter
Cons
Healthcare
The workers and work were both fun.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 14, 2018
This company was always accumulating new projects so the company was constantly expanding. As a result of the company expanding, there was always new opportunities for positions.
Pros
catered lunches from the company
Cons
short breaks
Great inventory management
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 7, 2018
I learn great inventory skills to discover how to find lost product. In the inventory department you learn many task involving ways to find lost product. Good and precise ways.
Pros
Great place to learn new industry skills.
Cons
Lil more compensation pay for all the jobs you do.
Awesome Company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2017
The culture of the company is awesome, rarely do you have to work long hours. You are only needed to do so when closing a large deal or during end of quarter time to assist the sales team with closing deals. My only issue was I lost my vendor bonuses which I was told I would be getting to make up for the gap between requested salary and paid salary.

Wasn't provided with the growth of more vendor lines to make up for lost bonuses.
Like Drinking from a fire hose
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2018
I learned a lot, but added YEARS to my life after leaving. Too many hours - the pay was great but long term, not a winning arrangement for me. I learned a great deal during my time there. It is an extremely well run company.
Pros
Pay and stock options
Cons
Too many hours
"Fun" office with little room for advancement
Samsung Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2018
You have to move around in order to move up. The company constantly kept people from promotions in order to hold them in current positions. Bonus structure didn't reward those who worked harder. Drama felt more like high school than an office. Management was unprofessional.
Solid company, poor management.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2018
Your success at ScanSource will depend mainly on the department you work in. From what I can tell the sales, marketing, merchandising teams are pretty well compensated and enjoy their work. If you work in the finance/AR departments you will see extremely high turnover and a total lack of direction from management.
Great team to work with- got along with everybody
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAAugust 5, 2018
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. Fun environment, Manager very in tuned with his staff.
Growth opportunity and supportive of community.
Pros
Positive environment, company offered great option to stay healthy.
Cons
N/a
I loved the people and environment
Technical Writer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 1, 2018
I was just a contract writer for several months but I enjoyed working with everyone and I was impressed by the professional and supportive culture. Everyone loved the management.
Good first job
Financial Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 14, 2018
ScanSource is a good place to start a career. People typically move on as a result of low pay and poor management. Career advancement can also be difficult.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
low pay
Distribution
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 29, 2018
Good company to learn the distribution business. Very good culture to work in especially for young employees. Probably good for 5-10 years stay then to move on to something that pays better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ScanSource. Our community is ready to answer.