ScanSTAT Technologies Employee Reviews

Just Don't Do it
ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  MIFebruary 5, 2019
The job and company looks good on paper and they make great promises in the job interview and on boarding process, but they do not deliver. Communication is conflicting and confusing. Trainers are sent to site and are more interested in getting back home than training new hires well. Supervisors are so busy you can barely ask them a question. For health insurance they only offer a wellness plan. They offer a few vacation days but no sick time. They want you to do more than possible without any mistakes, making it a stressful and competitive environment.
Pros
Met nice people in other departments. Ok pay for the area.
Cons
Stress. Horrible, scattered training. Repetitive work that is never ending.
Poor training and management
ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 2, 2019
When i say poor training and management, its really because another enployee/co-worker is training you. Not your boss. Which leads to someone who technically has no authority over you playing The Boss. Unprofessional dynamics.
Pros
Easy work
Horrible compensation for the amount of stress
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 24, 2019
Would not recommend working here. They pay less than any company in the ROI business. But stress you out about turn around times and amount of requests.
Benefits are horrible and if you aren’t a kiss A.. you get treated like scum. Health care benefits are a joke and the pay is more of a insult for the amount of work expected
Pros
Always work to be done
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible management, favoritism
Supervisor was a nightmare
Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 25, 2018
The pay was low and you're overworked. If you can get past all that and the unprofessional supervisor. It's a job. Take the experience and go somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
sub par medical insurance, low pay
Nice people to work with them
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  ILJune 27, 2018
Flexible schedule , working in the hospital, scanning the medical request and release it to attorney, patient or state disability department. Every thing is under hippa privacy.
Stressful
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
A typical day of work consists of multiple deadlines that must be met, answering phones, processing records requests, training new employees, requesting charts from multiple clinics
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Indecisive supervisor
Fast paced friendly environment
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXMay 7, 2018
I was contracted into a hospital and did not actually work in the ScanSTAT office, the only contact I had with my manager was when there was a problem. The company is very business oriented and disapproves of family illnesses or emergencies.
Pros
Free healthcare for the employee
Cons
not family oriented
Company overall
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 19, 2018
I feel like I'm in grade school. Micromanagement is stressful and unnecessary. Training is done by all other employees that have not been trained correctly them self. What you do is never enough,they want more work done. Health benefits are horrible if you have a family to insure its to expensive. No communication.
Pros
The work is fairly easy
Cons
Worst Management I have had in all my jobs.
Very friendly fellow employees
Release Of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Management not in touch with employees and they ignore employee's requests for additional help when needed.

401K would have been nice as well as better medical dental insurance which was offered but not taken because husband had better insurance with his company.

Other than all of that, always had work to do so there was that sense of job security. The company is growing and getting plenty if clients.
Pros
paid vacation/sick days
Cons
no 401K offered
Just awful
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Upper management loves to spead lies about their employees behind their back. They are losing employees faster then they are keeping employees. No support
Pros
Only 1 good and honest manager work there
Cons
Go with Healthport if you want to be in Roi
Worst Company Ever
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 2, 2017
If you want to be under paid, under appreciated, over loaded with work, and appreciate management that has no idea what their job entails or how to help with yours then this is the place for you! It doesn't matter how long you work here. They will treat you like trash whether it's 2 months or 20 years.

Cons:

You are under paid.
Supervisors have no idea what their job entails.
Supervisors do not know how to do your work.
Supervisors are not helpful when you have questions.
They want you to work work work with nothing to show for it in the end.
They are not understanding to family emergencies.
Do not even think about requesting off for a doctor's appointment or really anything for that matter.
They will go behind your backs if you budge the least to make sure that you get fired no matter the cost.

Advice to Management:

Try listening to your employees. Treat people like they are humans. Stop being so dramatic. Learn the job you are supervising before you start barking orders down peoples throats. If you are going to get a pedicure or take a long lunch please make sure you stop taking 3+ hours or just not coming back to work at all. Before you change work flow think and ask your employees how it will affect their work day. You are not kind and courteous. Just because you have a degree in something does not mean that you can come into a company and know exactly what you are doing. Make sure your staff is properly trained before you throw them on the floor.
Pros
There are no pros to working here.
A great fast paced position
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 25, 2017
After working there I was able to maintain customer service attituted enjoyed meeting and talking with the consumers and the staff was great and friendly
Worst Company Ever
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 1, 2017
I would never recommend anybody for a job here. They don't care about their employees, the benefits are horrible, the management is poor and doesn't know the job.
Great start to a career path
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2016
Everyday is a new learning experience. I work with patients and commercial companies who request patient medical records. (like attorneys and disability) I am in school to get a degree in Health Information so this is the perfect start to my career.. My job duties specifically relate to electronic medical records & HIPAA/Patient Privacy.

I work at a hospital so my hours align with the Medical Records Department. My co-workers are other employees of ScanSTAT and the Medical Records Department. Management has high expectations which is understandable considering the important role I have in helping people and protecting their information. This isn't a job for people who aren't self motivated.

Sometimes it gets very busy with phone calls from doctor's offices and patients coming in to get their records. It can get stressful for a few hours in the middle of the day because they usually all come in at once. It does make the day go by fast though.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I've helped people. Even though I'm not the person treating them, I am part of the big picture of helping them. Sometimes patients send me cards thanking me for helping them.

The health insurance isn't that great but the pay is more than most of the people who work in the same department for the hospital who have been there many years.
Pros
Independent work environment, pay & networking opportunities
Cons
Health insurance
Awful do not work here.
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 17, 2016
Typical day at work includes processing requests and answering phone calls. Management is awful, Director comes and goes as she pleases and leaves in the middle of day to run errands (pedicures)! She is very hateful, hostile, and a bully. Refuses time off to individuals. Very Micromanaged job. You receive more than you can put out. They offer no health, vision, dental, FMLA, bereavement leave, Pregnancy leave (no pay and your job is not secured for you to come back).
Pros
uplifting co-workers
Cons
management, no benefits
Don't waste your time
ROI / Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Worked for this company for over 2 years. The motto is WORK WORK WORK and little to no monetary benefits. They will find any glitch to not give you your .25 raise. Had it not been for the fact I liked a few of the co workers, I would have quit
Pros
Getting off
Cons
No trust, no raises
Small corporate officee with about 35 friendly and easy to work with employees
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day consists of working on customer accounts in copying of medial records. The records are downloaded to our main system on a daily basis from hundreds of medical facilities across the county.The demands are high but the personal reward is knowing you have done a good job.

There are three divisions within the company; customer service, production and accounting. There is one general manager whom I have always been friendly with and she is easy going. There are three supervisors who are also easy to work with. Co-workers are easy to work with and very friendly.

The most difficult aspect is keeping up with daily demands as the business is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. It is rewarding to reach and achieve my own personal goals on a daily basis.
Pros
People easy to work with
Cons
Low pay and infrequent raises
Comfortable work place
C.R.I.S. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 20, 2016
Good business to work for, but lack of management involvement and no medical benefits make for a frustrating environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Little management involvement
Productive and some what stressful
ROI Tech (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 17, 2015
Processing requests for medical records for patients, insurance companies, law enforcement, and anyone else requesting records on/for someone as long as it is legal and HIPAA compliant.

Comment – January 25, 2016

Oh and they will fire you over the phone by leaving voice mails. Poor management!!!

management
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  waco, txSeptember 30, 2015
I come in each day sort mail, hand out work, and take care of all legal requests. I make sure my employees are doing their work and assist them as well. I train most new people in this company.