Scantron Employee Reviews

Top Talent Beware
Hired for one role and put in a lower position (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2018
They definitely do not like someone who is different than them. If you lack morals, ethics, and love wine without cheese, this is definitely the place. Laid back environment and snakes loves lounging in the garden during the summer too. Most definitely would not recommend this place especially minorities. Ive never seen so many males with that many mood swings and whine so much. Clearly they are as needy as their customers.
Pros
Employee engagement activities every once in awhile.
Cons
unethical, unaccountable, love to lie and place blame on others when the plan for their tactic to merge doesnt work, inconsistent with protocol, and training.
Enjoyable company
Senior administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Scantron, but they closed their San Diego branch in November 2016.
I absolutly enjoyed the people, the work envirionment and the ability to balance my life and my work.
Great place in the beginning, but fell apart last couple of years there
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
This place was an outstanding place to work and hone your skills. They had a top notch DB Architect and Software Architect that positioned our software at or above our competitors.

Unfortunately senior management decided to buy another company which doomed our group and product.
Pros
Great group of Engineers and Manager of the Engineers
Cons
Senior Management did not seem to care about the Developers in San Diego.
Good people bad management
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAApril 3, 2018
Very unorganized, free lunch breaks a lot of weekends and overtime.
There is very little communication with day shift or management on second or third shift.
Friendly atmosphere and positive environment
System Administrator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 2, 2018
Great group of people from management to staff.
I enjoyed every minute of work regardless of regular or over time, I had a supportive management team who provided assistance anytime it was needed and I was willing to make myself available anytime needed to accomplish the task at hand.

Best job experience to date!
Pros
Positive and friendly environment
Cons
They had to move to a different state.
Scantron part- time Scantron
Cad Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 28, 2018
I have been working at Scantron as an Intern for Engineering CAD drafter for Mechanical parts. In the 3 months, I have been there I have learned so much from my mentors I like working at Scantron and my co-workers are the best.
Awesome Workplace
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Scantron was one of my favorite companies to work for during my career. There was always something to do to, we were encouraged to create time saving processes, and the group seemed more like a family than work associates.
Pros
Great group of co-workers
Cons
Facility closed in the SoCal area
Great People..
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2017
Some turbulence, but great people that have a vision.

Management is competent, energetic and fun.

The business needs to technically catch up to competition. it is attempting to do so. the next year will determine the fate of the company...
Great work environment.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Having such a good work ethic makes a big impact in your daily goals.
Team work was the key for a great success in our production.
Managers were our best bosses ever. Great work environment overall.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Lunches
Challenging Times
Sales (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 23, 2016
The company, like many, is going through a lot of changes as the Education market is undergoing a lot of change. THe company has products in many markets but is mostly focused on K12 Education.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some upper management prefer "yes" people mentality
Great environment many company activities
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 27, 2016
Learned AS400
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers who were troubled not being able to complete their work. By calling out lines they were ecstatic as their issues were resolved expediently
Pros
Free coffee
former employee
sales (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 18, 2016
I worked for scantron for a long time. It was great for a long time and things changed. Good life balance if you understand the workload is not doable.
Pros
the people
Cons
management, confusion, bad morale
Excellent work environment
Language Arts Content Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
Excellent management and vision. Enjoyable work atmosphere. Rewarding work projects. Management gave workers ownership of deadlines and listened to input from staff. Hard work was recognized and appreciated.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere
Good Place to work, but shutting down our office
QA V (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2016
Relocating office to Minnesota in order to centralize ops. Understand decision but wish we were staying open in California.
God benefits
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Worked a lot of hours...mandatory OT. Great benefits, insurance, 401K,....was called NCS when I worked there. Worked many 7 day work weeks. Cancelled vacation. All forced OT!!
Struggling
Implementation Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2015
Scantron is a good company that is struggling to overcome bad acquisitions by it's parent Harland Clarke Holding Corp. The past three years have been horrendous with forced departures of some of the top talent. I credit the CEO with trying to save the company by returning the company to financial stability, but the pain of those changes has really taken a toll.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncertain future
Not too bad of a place to work, job security unstable
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAMay 21, 2015
Multiple layoffs in the past few years. Management tells us work there is slowing. Laid off production workers, putting more work on the rest of employees. That being said annual merit increases also have been held in the past. Morale in the shop is bad.
Pros
Vacation, education reimbursement
Cons
healthcare cost, unstable work
Good environment with Great People
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAApril 27, 2015
Would have to a morning meeting with in department about work schedule and expectations of production for daily or weekly schedule. Then I would have to report to another department for notification of the machines I worked closely within another area.
Go to the machine and prep for printing runs. I would have to print inner and outer labels for packs and cartons, prep boxes set up machine for boxes and skidsd. I was only person running and setting up machine for the shift. Enter all data in computers for production totals, calculate downtime and TPMs as well as 5S.

The hardest part was in line wrap needed to be replaced and press did not shut down. But at the same it was the best part of my day.

90% of Co workers were fantastic and good friendly people. From office worker to management to floor. I learned that I am patient and quick whitted when thingd need to be handled. Scantron help me boost my confidence as a person.
Pros
Still family oriented and cared about employees
Cons
Pay increases slow
mature business
Press Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Scantron is a mature business that is In decline. The printing division Is contracting year in and year out. I'm now looking to continue my career at a company with potential.
Pros
I work first shift.
Cons
The business is in decline.
Provided training on propriety software suites
CORPORATE SOFTWARE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2014
Provided training on propriety software suites that included generating alternative solutions to resolve testing problems, considered multiple factors when making decisions regarding testing, and maintained testing effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.

The hardest part of my job was the travel schedule. I traveled to numerous states and often was gone from Sunday thru Friday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scantron. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about