Scentsy Employee Reviews

Shipping Operator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Great place to work. People from different ethnicities. Easy job. Can sometime be a little overwhelming but nothing you can't handle. Paid time off at the end of the year
Excellent products that are easy to sell.
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, KYDecember 27, 2018
Scentsy has given me a so much confidence and a social life that had severely dwindled after having children. I can set my own hours, work MY business as much or as little as I choose. I have an excellent director and a wonderful team under me.
A learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCDecember 20, 2018
It was a great experience in the fact that it taught me what I do not want to do anymore, which is sales. Im glad I did it, so that I now know I could do better in another field.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Monetary Compensation
fun
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 5, 2018
Working as an independent consultant with Scentsy is a lot of fun, you work your small business how you want it. They are very family oriented. you get for months to sell $200.00 in product. No stress.
Pros
your own schedule, no pressure to sell a lot
Cons
a kind of Pyramid base kind of company
consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2018
I was a scentsy consultant for a few years. I enjoyed working for a company who had excellent customer service, they really treated their workers well.
The scents smelled so good and each season they came out with new products.
Challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 29, 2018
Its very competitive, you have to compete with others who work with scensty. You can't rely on your team to train you. They shipping takes for ever so costumers get really mad impatient. You can't buy the products and give it to them once they paid. They are forced wait unnecessarilery long periods of time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad management
Flexible and family oriented
Business Owner/Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 20, 2018
The company owners/CEOs are down to earth friendly people that truly understand and can relate to their consultants. They base this company on ensuring we can all reach for the stars and do it so we KNOW we can reach those same stars. The company is consistently growing and evolving with the current culture allowing the consultants to better serve their clientele. The flexibility offered to best serve family first is the highlight of the job.
Work from home as well as flexible
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 10, 2018
A typical day of work is all online, unless hosting a party for an individual in person. I'm constantly meeting and talking to individuals and potential customers. The management is honestly yourself, yes there is people above you as well as you have the chance to expand your "Team".
The hardest part is getting new clients and being able to keep getting new sales each month from people other than your reoccurring customers.
I've learned more ways on how to work with individuals threw the internet and in person. As well as how to place a sale into the Scentsy Workstation.
This is an absolutely fun job if you make it that. Same with if you work hard you will achieve the rankings and be able to grow more with this company.
Pros
tax write off, meet new people, able to learn and grow with the company
Cons
Commissions, can be very draining, can be stressful also
Creative and wonderful team at their corporate office
Market Development, Training & Writing Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 10, 2018
Private company with unique ways to do multi level marketing Talented colleagues with dedication to get the work done well to meet the expectations of the CEO.
relaxed
Shipping Operator/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 1, 2018
typical warehouse job. All i did was cut open boxes of product and discarding of trash around the warehouse. I did that all day until it was time to clock out.
Pros
easy work
Cons
it gets repetetive
Don't work at Scentsy unless your Mormon
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 1, 2018
Scentys has a pretty amazing story. The story of how it began and the hard work, dedication required to get Scentsy off its feet. Unfortunately this was done by Mormons that only watch out for each other. If you are not Mormon you will get paid half what you are worth and will never get into management.
how I liked the job
na (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 29, 2018
na, I have nothing to say about this employer. This job was a good job while it lasted. They hired to many emplyees and not enough hours. The employee were great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
na
Fun workplace
Lead (Current Employee) –  Wills Point, TXOctober 24, 2018
I’m my own boss I work what hours I want... sign up for what ever events I would like... product I have on hand I’m able to sale when ever... Scentsy has helped me out being a single mom of 3
Cons
Don’t push sales don’t make money
Love it
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INOctober 11, 2018
Flexible work schedules that are great for busy people. I have learned to communicate with people better. I am my own boss, so I control how I want to do my business. The hardest part is introducing myself to new people, however, since I started my business, I have been able to turn myself around to approach more people. Seeing the joy on the faces of the customers is amazing.
Not all its cracked up to be
Shipping Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 9, 2018
HR is rude and unpersonable to employees

Hours can sometimes be ridiculous

Management is unorganized and most of them are underqualified for their position

Only way to move up is to know someone of to get cozy to the right person
Pros
Cons
Getting caught up in their "values" that don't exist
Stressfull and childish
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 6, 2018
Bully management

Entertain childish work behaviors without stopping it

Choose favorites and give hard times to who they choose to team up on

Management first shift
Awesome company
Certified Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHOctober 4, 2018
Awesome company to work for. They recognize and reward their employees. You can always ask for help and questions. They have many ways to talk to each other. Verry supportive group
Pros
Set your own hours
Easy place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 4, 2018
Fast paced, constant work. Some heavy lifting. Comfortable environment all seasons. All inside warehouse work. Lots of activities provided by the company at no cost to employees.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not much variety in the work. No room for advancement.
Being a Scentsy Consultant gives me opportunity for my other passions.
Scentsy Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 3, 2018
I'm able to work while still being able to spend time with my family. I love spending time with my Mom and Grandmother so as a scentsy Consultant I have always had the extra time.
Pros
Being able to build your own business while working another job.
Cons
Lots of time put in to being your own boss.
Support Represenative
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 30, 2018
The managers try to work with school schedules, if you have one. There are many different shifts you can work so there isn't a shortage in hours for you. Compared to other call centers around the area, the pay is less which i believe is the most downfall.
Pros
Great culture and teams
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scentsy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight