Schaeffer Manufacturing

Working at Schaeffer Manufacturing: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

The position I had was as an independent sales contractor doing direct sales to businesses and farms.

My position was a 1099c independent sales representative. The job involves cold calling to set up product demonstrations. The lubricant and oils are truly exceptional so if you can demonstrate them to a customer well then sales are fairly easy. The difficulty is that the product is expensive and getting demos is difficult. If you are self motivated and able to do enough demos you can do really well.

Pros

Fantastic product with a workable selling method, good commission rates.

Cons

It will take some time to build a consistent income stream. My management was un helpful.

Great place!

Freedom to make your own wage. Great people great culture. 100 percent commission based, so you have to hustle for you first 2 years. Great for self starters.

Schaeffer Manufacturing insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Stuck in the past

If you are looking for a company that wants to grow and knows how to do it, look elsewhere. Schaeffer's prides itself in being the same company as in the 1800's. They have good products, but have a hard time keeping up with the competition. Most Rep's are older, have had a previous business experience. So if that's you, this works for you.If you have had an experience with a company that has grown quickly, this is passe' and boring.

Pros

The promise

Cons

The let down

Great company with awesome people

Truly Love working with Schaeffer's Oil.Freedom to work at your own schedule and the people are great. Always willing to help and to provide excellent customer service.

amazing company

I love working here, they really care about their employees. hours are great and want you to be able to have a life at home as well as at work. It would take a lot to get me to leave

In business for yourself with some training

It's a great job if you're motivated to teach yourself and be resourceful. You have to be a go getter, very customer friendly and be ok with several people saying no. You put $1,000 into it up front and only get a paycheck if you sell. It's a slow process and you are cold calling so if you need a paycheck on a regular basis (weekly,biweekly) this may not be the job for you.

Standard Commision Sales

Must be self managed. No one is looking over your shoulder. My superior was fired years ago and they never had someone else call me to see how I was progressing.

Difficult Position with Great Upside

Being an Outside Sales Rep, I found it very difficult to begin my book of business. However, if you have the funds to endure the first year, or so, of starting up sales in your area, you may be able to endure the growing phase. I have a friend, who is a sales rep and who came from a strong sales background, that is doing very well after the initial start-up phase; so it can be done!

Pros

Work-Life balance, great product, great pepole

Cons

Poor compensation at first, difficult position, high initial cost and overhead

Excellant company

Only things I can see worth changing are: The training policy. Once hired as a rep you are on your own physically to open and create accounts. There is plenty of help via phone. Could offer more training on how to use the web site for sales representative. Great earning potential

load and unload trucks

great worth ethic with lots of compassion workers. enjoyable and very flexible. worked at a steady pace. hard work , very busy with no supervision.

MLM type work enviroment

Schaeffer is a manufacturing company that is based on a numbers system, There philosophy is " the more employees , the more the company makes". They do not believe in marketing and they do not believe in keeping the employees content. Its a commission based company paystructure , but there is not any insentive to sell their products , they are based on the east coast so there for they are not price competitive. And there product is not better , so you cannot sell quality , deliverability or service.

Fun work place

During my time as a lab tech at schaeffer,I had the opportunity to develop my clerical and comunication skills.A typical day at work was preparing the work,so everyone at something to do for the rest of the day,making sure team work was in play,making sure my boss had everything see need to get her day started,always enteract with my co-workers to make sure no one needed help with anything..had no hard part of the job....i enjoyed most learning somthing new every day.

Pros

customer aprreciation day

Cons

love the conventions that we had every year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schaeffer Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Schaeffer Manufacturing Reviews by Location

Learn about Schaeffer Manufacturing in popular locations

Schaeffer Manufacturing reviews by popular job title

• Schaeffer Manufacturing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?