Schafer Corporation Employee Reviews

As a contractor has no room for advancement
Senior Solicitation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 20, 2017
You work to keep the client happy, and if you do your job, then you get paid for that job. Don't expect a voluntary pay raise, and don't expect management to recognize good performance, as recognition for good work tends to be overlooked. It sounds like I'm jaded, but just being truthful.
Impressive Company
Systems Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2017
Impressive Company, and with the Belcan Acquisition, there is a lot of potential and exciting things ahead for Schafer employees. The company really believes in it's people and wants to make it a good place for the employees while supporting their customers.
Small Group, relaxed enviroment
Multi-Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Schafer, i was an offsite contractor at DARPA. I meet and worked on very interesting projects to the government. I was working with many different media projects that provided a comfortable work environment.
Pros
i place to grow and learn
Company struggling with transition
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2017
Like with most companies in this industry, your experience will vary greatly depending on the individuals you work closely with, and further still vary with the clients you interact with on day-to-day basis. There are great people at team and project levels, but more often than not that's just not enough to overlook the corporate leadership that lacks direction and decisiveness, not to mention one that is exceptionally poor at communicating. You can have great co-workers, but when the corporate leadership is such the company ends up lacking identity and culture.
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of company identity and culture
Energetic Work Environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2017
Schafer Corporation (A Belcan Company) is an up and coming company in the Federal workspace. Their solid performance is making its mark on the industry. They have a diverse portfolio that spans strategic consulting, systems engineering, and aviation.
Pros
Energetic and Inclusive
Cons
Business Development
Productive great learning environment
Government Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
Got great hands on experience assisting their BD team as the Government Services Intern. Great environment every day and always had something to work on or to research.
government SETA contractor
B-1 LRASM Integration Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2017
Job security is typical of the sector, it just sucks knowing that any day you show could easily be your last day. The company is based out of the east coast locations other than that are not necessarily the priority.
Variety
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Billerica, MAJuly 3, 2017
I love the people I work beside. They are my family great people attract great people. I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions. We have been asked for an opinion on a regular basis, and we are allowed to speak our mind without fear. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed. I love the variety. Every day is different and I get to interact with such a varied groups/people. It means I am always learning. I love that my job challenges me every day in different ways. The people at this company are a pleasure to work with and make it enjoyable to come to work. We all work hard and are recognized for doing so. My co-workers and management team are social, knowledgeable and caring. I am learning all the time, from the best people. I have the freedom to think outside the box and have all thoughts considered. I am allowed to grow and show my potential. I am able to use my skills and knowledge as well as push myself in areas that I am unsure of myself. I'm paid well, and I just love the job I do.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
matrix
Great Company Culture
Sr. Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the short time I was at Schafer. Unfortunately, my position was eliminated as a result of the Belcan acquisition of Schafer. I believe the company will prosper under the leadership of Belcan; however, as with any acquisition, layoffs are inevitable.
good place to work
Analyst/Watch Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2017
Nice people fun place to work management is helpful good benefits quite place to work room to advance very balance work load hands down one of the best places have worked
Technically focused company seeking growth in the Federal space
Senior Business/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2017
Work is onsite for the Federal government, supervised loosely by senior Schafer staff. Schafer is owned by an investment firm and management decisions follow those interests. Hardest part of the job is meeting client expectations with current manpower shortfall. Best part is the coworkers--Federal and Schafer, who are generally excellent.
Pros
Good Christmas party and quarterly all-call giveaways.
Cons
Average benefits and murky management
Consulting Company
Technical Analyst/Project Analyst (SETA) (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 9, 2017
Schafer is an excellent company for government consulting services. They provide flexible scheduling work, work-life balance, and advancement opportunity.
Good to me!
Senior Financial Analyst and Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 29, 2016
The company was very good to me but one criticism is that some of our senior management is not in touch with their staff. Communication struggles a bit because of that.
Managment and culture are great!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2015
From the start of employment, management has been very embracing. They are more than willing to help and train you to be an asset to the team through onsite and offsite training as well as the necessary tools to support the customer in the most efficient way possible. Leadership has an excellent open door policy and are very friendly.
Pros
Excelent after work happy hours
Cons
Healthcare.
Employee Friendly Company
Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 22, 2015
Work from 8:30 to 5:30. Co-workers are excellent. I enjoy all aspects of my job. I have been here 5 years and they have all been great.
Good place to work for specific skills
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
Good company that takes care of its people. Most employees highly skilled in their area of expertise. Upbeat environment for work! People are passionate about what they do and that shows with how everyone interacts with one another. This is the best place I've ever worked.
Great Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
At the time I worked for Schafer, no one could match their wonderful benefits. It had a very nice and professional environment.
Nice place to work
Acquisition/Contracts Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 21, 2014
Consistent with other Government consulting firms..falls in the middle to high.
Pros
Social Events and Team building is really a nice perk
Cons
Limited Training funds for staff
Environment does not have tools/resources for success
Division Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 15, 2014
When I first arrived at Schafer, it was a welcome change from my previous environment. Challenging, yet very much concerned for its employees work/life balance. With several changes at the top level, lack of tools/resources for successful growth, it's become challenging to stay motivated. I believe the people are great but the environment and constant conflict of who's "in charge" creates this synergy I speak of.
Poor Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 14, 2013
Very poor managers and unfair politics. Plus unethical tactics to win contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schafer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.