Schaumburg Boomers

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great staff and atmosphere

It was a great summer interning at the Boomers. I enjoyed my coworkers and mangement. I wouldn't change anything about my position and I would love to work there in the future.

Boring place where you stand all day

The job was mostly a boring one, standing around waiting for someone to order food and standing up for several hours while waiting for the game to complete, then after that standing around and cleaning up the work area, then standing around waiting for the money to be counted up.

Productive work place with fun environment.

Playing baseball at a professional level is always competitive so having a manager that is relaxed and straight forward helps with the day to day process throughout the long season.

A Wonderful Ballpark

This is a great bridge when it comes to getting ready for a full time job, especially for those ushering or in concessions. The management is friendly and don't treat you like a number. As this is a baseball stadium, do be prepared for a bit of chaos and fast-pacing when it comes to the more popular days.

I loved working here

This is the most amazing olace to work at and id work here for the rest of my life if i was paid nore and got more hours but its seasonal. I wish it was open more ):

Pros

Fun, friends

Cons

Low pay, low hours, seasonal

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

A fun and hard working job place

Mostly it was fast paced, but some days would be relaxed. It all depended on the day, and how busy it was. If it was busy, than it was a little stressful, but overall it was fun. The management was pretty good, there were good and bad days like any job has. And because it is at a baseball park, the hot summer days would be rough. The concession stands would get hot and uncomfortable. Other than that, it really wasn't that bad.

Pros

Free hot dogs, free baseball

Cons

short breaks, very hot

baseball player

show up to earl work and batting practice before the game and stretch and run and throw as well and shag for the hitters hitting and gather up the baseball and get ready for the game after.

Great enviroment

I loved working with the Boomers. The work was hard and the hours were long, but the time went by quickly. The business is is very much like a family. People there are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Baseball

Cons

Long hours for some job titles

Productive and always trying to improve.

Begin the day Collaborating with production/promotions team pregame about the activities going on, and then following the MC around the ballpark filming fan interaction and in game promotions. I learn more everyday about how a baseball team operates each day.

The Frontier League is an independent platform that provides professional baseball players an opportunity to potentially advance and sign with a Major League organization.

A busy, task oriented, fun filled ride.

Season long internship with daily tasks such as digital layout, publication design, web graphics, advertising, flyers, in-game photography and videoboard graphics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schaumburg Boomers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5