Schawk Employee Reviews

Challenging
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2017
Don't work there I would not go back. But we all need a start.just walk in eyes wide open.

My managers thought it would be fun to create useless tasks for me to do.
Fun, Flexible, Fast-Paced Company
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Schawk is a great company that is multi-faceted media print company that not only puts the client first but also encourages independent thinking. The company values their employees and holds them accountable for their responsibilities.
Pros
flexible work hours, free classes for skill training
Cons
no room for role advancement
No Management Vision
Quality Manager / Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2017
No Management Vision, very stressful place to work, extremely political, cut throat environment. One day the work is there, the next day it is being outsourced overseas. The job that you are hired for changes on day one. No communication from top management.
Very corporate and cold environment.
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 9, 2017
Environment was very cold. Managers did not interact with their staff. The work was very sloppy which caused them to lose clients.
No company culture.
Pros
Non
Cons
Not a great work environment
Was fun going to the bar after work with coworkers.
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Most people worked hard, were quick with the mac & programs. For the most part, people got along and did what they had to do. Managers could be better, but I've seen worst. Keep in mind this was during the Sears/Kmart era!
Good Place to Work
Remote Worker (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 8, 2017
I was hired and started working right away. Fellow employees are always willing to help if you should be stuck on something. Ask your Manager for training on something new and they will fit it into your schedule. When they are busy, they are really busy. Meetings are never boring. Input is always welcome from every employee.
Poor job culture/atmosphere
Senior IO/Proofing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2017
Terrible management all the way to the top. Their singular goal is the bottom line. Consequently, employees are treated more like debt than assets. Very slim to no chance of raises. Absolutely no bonuses.
Pros
Some great fellow employess
Cons
negative workplace atmosphere
One of many premedia companies
Account Manager - Color, Separations and Print (Current Employee) –  OnsiteMay 3, 2017
Management is to far removed from the day to day. Workplace culture is easy going but focused on work. Many of my fellow employees are helpful and want me to succeed.
Pros
get a salary and benefits
Cons
no growth, layoffs common, not employee centric
Great people to work with, creative, fast - paced, deadline oriented
Artist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
Loved working with my manager, very intuitive and helpful. Freedom to have creative solutions to the work. Independent working, just not a lot of work after being bought out. Constant upheaval with lay-offs, very little communication with upper management. Sometimes overloaded with projects and deadlines, but overall, good teamwork, seasoned and smart colleagues.
Pros
Intelligence, humor, respect for team good benefits
Cons
Communication, pay inequity, lack of work
Productive workplace, with a family like atmosphere
Studio Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Small knit group, who enjoy one another and back each other up on a daily basis. Allows for an active social life. I would recommend a this company for future job seekers.
Okay place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Had management's support to a certain point. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and my boss was very nice. I enjoyed visiting customers everyday and helping them get their product printed.
Great people, Great work conditions
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
By far the best job I ever had. The hours were perfect for my drive in from the 'burbs. The jobs were well thought-out beforehand. The people (both coworkers and mid-management) were always there to help when needed.
Good experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2016
Great management and experience, working with Asia offices, overseas vendors, worldwide suppliers, buyers and client.  Worked close with production facilities in Malaysia, China, Japan and Australia.
Toxic work environment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2016
Layoffs about twice a year (I hear there is barely anyone left so maybe that is no longer the case). No variety of work due to lack of accounts. One really never feels secure regardless of how good they are at their job. Some of the best people were laid off or targeted until they quit. You don't realize how dysfunctional the environment is until you go someplace else.
Pros
Great downtown location, some really great people
Cons
No advancement. Lack of leadership.
I worked for Matthews prior to their merger. Schawk was great, but the Matthews location I worked with closed post-merger.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriJuly 11, 2016
Schawk was great and I had looked forward to working with their team. Sorry it didn't work out that way. The color technicians and systems people I did get to work with were the best in the industry.
Mom and Pop shop no more
Business Continuity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 11, 2016
Use to be a great place to work with a very family like feel. That's changed as they have experienced success and seek profit over workplace.

I had worked at their corporate office, where this is especially true. The satellite offices are better with more concern for their employees.

Like most places, your work experience depends greatly on your immediate manager. Different offices have completely different feel, your milage may vary
Excellent team of professionals, great work place.
project manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I worked as an on site at Schawk's Bacardi USA account in Coral Gables FL, as a Sr Client Coordinator/Project Manager. Handling the traffic for Print advertising and production of outdoor advertising.
I was with Schawk from 2008 till Dec of 2015, an amazing learning experience.
Supportive intercompany resources
Studio Manager (Creative) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
Was helpful being able to reach out and work with the different company locations across continents whenever needed to service global clients.
Pros
Travel to other Schawk locations
Cons
Corporate setting sometimes slows down process
Productive and process oriented company but lack a good management
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
This is a great place to get a start in the ad agency world.The people you work with will be great but the management keeps switching and thus impacting the active projects. Most often noticed conflicts of interest b/w the management have affected the company on unnecessary expenditure.
High ego
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2015
When I worked here is was pretty feast or famine. If you didn't fit in, you were never going to fit in. The office is nice as I had a great view of the city from my window seat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schawk. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight