Schewel Furniture Company Inc Employee Reviews

Poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAMarch 8, 2019
Poor management no support system. Two Faced management back stabber employees and management never has your back when needed crooked credit management that goes into files and rearrange dates to collect monies not deserved
Pros
Meeting new faces
Official response from Schewel Furniture Company Inc
March 22, 2019

Thank you for your review of Schewel Furniture Company. We’re sorry you had a negative employment experience. Please feel free to contact Human Resources at HR@Schewel.com with any additional information.”

Excellent company to work with/Schewel Furniture is family owned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 12, 2018
Before retiring, Schewel Furniture was the best employer I’ve ever worked with. I was Manager for almost 30 years. They let you run and manage your store as if it was your on. I managed 16 - 24 employees. Our goal was “always focus on making your customer Happy “. This was our main goal as well as making the store very profitable and closing as many sales as possible, daily. We all worked as a team! I’m a very positive and motivated individual. As already mentioned, the customer is number one all the time! This was what I enjoyed the most. It also was very challenging but it was fun. Daily, I worked with many “hats”! I would work as office support, sales closer, and helped in warehouse whether loading delivery trucks or loading customers. It was a great job!
Pros
Working with employees as a Team!
Cons
Transported furniture and supplies to customer homes.
Warehouse Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAFebruary 27, 2018
Used power and hand tools to assembly furniture. Placed merchandise and products on sales floor for customer viewing . Ensured that products were loaded correctly for customers. Performed general housekeeping duties.
Relaxed place to work
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAAugust 30, 2017
Great fellow employees to work with along with the owners of the company making a few things competitive to help with moral and give out prizes/bonuses. My time at Schewels was definitely a great learning and working experience.
Productive and professional place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCJune 19, 2017
Schewel Furniture is a very good company to work for. There are many opportunities that you can have and advance from through them. The management in my experience has always been very helpful and is very supportive. I don't have anything bad to say about the company. I love everyone I work with and for.
Always something going on.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 27, 2016
Coworkers in-store and elsewhere are wonderful to speak to and work with. Never a dull day. There are always opportunities to earn a little extra bonus. The worst part is something you'll find in any retail position: the public. Some folks are wonderful, and some are very hard to work with. All in all I've loved working here for 4 years.
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VAMay 31, 2016
A typical day at Schewels is good its not enough movement for me and the work hours are great. I've learned how to keep up with the product inside the store able to tell sales person if we have the product or not. The most enjoyable part is receiving the items in off the truck.
Bad company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMarch 9, 2016
the company does not pay well there is no advancement and they do not care about their employees. they bring in managers that I have no idea what their doing and no experience. You cannot tell them about your concerns because they will find stuff against you and fire you
It was a job
Assistant Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 11, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the experience and meeting new people/customers. I was overjoyed to see a satisfied customer. I enjoyed getting to know my customers and being able to provide them with great customer service. I enjoyed working with the credit manager; he cared about his employees and how they felt about their job. He was always able to teach you something new each day, with a smile on his face.
As for the store manager, he was very selfish. He would undermine our credit decisions and approve customers over their limit, which made our jobs hard in collections. He never wanted to work as a team; everything was about sales (his department).
I think that as a store manager, you should display teamwork, and always be concerned of the employees and their concerns, in which the store manager did not.
The other office employees were very welcoming and a pleasure to work with.
Overall a good learning experience...
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare benefits were terrible
Family owned, family oriented company
Store Manager-Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAJune 22, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. Many opportunities available to learn new things, and advancement possibilities are there. Great family run operation that takes care of employees.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Retail hours
able to relocate at any location.
Office Manager/Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 25, 2015
learned how to communicate with people of all ages. learned how to properly train employees with different disabilities of comprehending the training materials. hardest part was having to let people go when they are not able to do job tasks. great pay and bonus programs.
Pros
great bonus programs, great benefits.
Cons
long 12-15 hour shifts, on call at all hours.
Liz Claiborne is an excellent company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 26, 2014
As I said, in retail prioritites can change every second and I became very adept at re-setting goals and priorities. I had the greatest management team anyone could ask for and my associates were second to none. There really weren't any hard parts to this job, It was fast paced. I enjoyed merchandising the store and working with my team.
Pros
The work environment was exceptional
Cons
There were no negatives at Liz Claiborne. It's a great company!
Greeting customers at the door with a pleasant greeting
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAMay 15, 2014
Come into work, go through your section of the store and make sure everything I clean, tagged, and presentable for the customers. There is a rotation on however many sales consultants their may be. whomever arrives on the parking lot first is the first person to greet and possibly solicit a sale to the first customer upon entrance into the store You learn to have a pleasant attitude , mingle with a customer and get to know them and what their housing needs may be. Management and co-workers play a role in he selling process as well because if a customer feels intimidated, disrespected, or just bothersome they will carry there business elsewhere. The hardest part of this job is hanging in when sales are challenged and the slow months approach. In some areas sales are not as easy and in some stores there may be too many sale people which will make it harder for another associate.
Pros
Whens sales are up you'll gain a big paycheck
Cons
When sales are challeneged your pay is cut and its hard to survive
great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 28, 2013
family oriented great people to work for. salary and benefits are great
Pros
good breaks and benefits
Cons
Great place to work and feel like your being respected
Inventory Control/Sales (Current Employee) –  Amherst, VAMay 25, 2013
It's always a great day at Schewels in Amherst. We
have a great relationship with our customers and we are always being told they love coming into our store because everyone is so friendly. I have learned to rely on my instincts and own judgement when it comes to taking care of the customer because the Manager is an excellent example to learn from. The hardest part of the day is closing time because we usually have people in the store and I have to wait until they are done selecting their merchandise so I can put their order in. The Most enjoyable part of the job is
interacting with the customers on a personal level so I can better figure out what they are actually looking for.
Pros
company discount on furniture, electronics, appliances
Cons
working on Saturdays and holidays when my family is home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schewel Furniture Company Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Schewel Furniture Company Inc Reviews by Location