SCHIERL INC Employee Reviews

Terrible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIFebruary 10, 2019
I worked for this company for a year in a half. Although I did get promoted twice, it took threatening to quit after being lied to, over worked and just plain disrespected to get there. Cooperate management expects you to work above and beyond for low pay and expects you to work 45+ hours a week,(then complain to in store management about overtime labor) come in when you're not scheduled to cover someone else's shift because they just didn't want to come in. (And then them not get fired because they are short staffed already) if you tell them no you're not coming in you get yelled at and cooperate will call your cell phone. No respect for their employees and can hardly pay anyone a living wage. Working here I was always exhausted and upset. Since moving on I feel like a whole new person. You also are expected to work 8+ hour shifts without breaks unless you are a smoker.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Overworked, disrespected, no breaks, short staffed.
They do no even follow there own motto
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIJanuary 18, 2019
If you are not there favorite employee they will lie to your face and target you. All I did was work work and work and than they accused me of never working and lying about my hours. Well if we were busy guess who didn’t clock in? No work / life balance what so ever. They honestly do not care about who works for them, you are just another number.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
No breaks, Always working, terrible turn over
Fun, Fast Paced, and Responsibility Oriented
Management (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 26, 2018
Fun and Fast paced work. Guarenteed hours if you want them. Flexible scheduling available. Responsibility oriented meaning there are daily, weekly, and monthly duties expected to get done by everyone on the team. Longevity with the company is very high as there are associates who have been with the company for decades! Willing to work around school schdules, other part time jobs.

You can earn extra $$$ on top of you normal paycheck with suggestive selling incentives every month! Who couldn't use an extra $20, $40, or even up to $60 a month!

If you're a hard working, fun loving, dedicated person looking for an equally fun place to work, look no futher than any one of The Stores located in Stevens Point!
Pros
Pay increases up to 3 times in your first year
Do not work for schierl
Associate (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 10, 2018
This is by far the worse job I have ever had. Corporate could care less about their employees and treat them with little respect. Managers are so overworked that they in turn abuse the availability of their employees along with giving them half of the managers responsibility (all while continuing to collect the check). Also, lets talk about how this company "can't seem to keep good employees," when the reality of the situation is they hire a group of unqualified people with two overqualified people and make the overly qualified carry the team. In the end, they burn out the qualified or fire them and let the unqualified people call in sick and not even show up.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, No support, No heads up to changes
Fun and flexible place of employment with growth opportunity
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 4, 2018
I started with Schierl as a tire service representative and was given the opportunity to transfer in the accounts payable department. When we were going to purchase the store, I asked if it would affect my employment with them and was told it that it was okay.
Work for company 9 years
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phestigo wiMay 30, 2017
Can say they never mistreated me. Job is fun and if ur just looking to make a little bit of money a great job. Problem is little bit of money. It is a gas station job I like working here
Pros
Fun good people
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCHIERL INC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7