Schilli Transportation Services

Schilli Transportation Services Employee Reviews

United States11 reviews
They are no different than the other companies...lies to put butts in trucks...they don't care about your family time and home life...they go home at night and enjoy their families, they only care about moving freight and lining their pockets
I was hired with assurance of longevity of employment; however, the company was bought out and my position ended in 8 months. On the upside, I was given the opportunity to work remotely.
I was fired because I made it known I want the union in.and supported it. The equipment was okay if you like auto I shift Volo mack day cabs. The dispatch will not work with you at all.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
The company
The people that work at Schilli are very cordial an open to help.There is more opportunities for improvement and I am optimistic we'll do it together as a team.
Working with schilli was a great experience learning how to load and unload trucks checking inventory leaning about how warehouses working operate leaning how to use inventory scanner printing labels
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The equipment in general needs maintenance. There are a couple good pieces, but trailers seem to sit at facilities to the point of general decay in some cases.

Watch the permits, had an instance where they tried to send me to a state without an appropriate permit.

Hometime is a myth. It will either get delayed, send you ti the wrong address, or quite possibly just not even let you go on hometime. I'm saying this after 5 wks out, hometime request put in 2 weeks ago.

Do not let a manager talk you into paying for parts to keep you running.

One manager might of had the idea to buy the part, but another will say no. Then you are out a couple hundred.
Pros
Guarantee wkly pay
Cons
Managment is incompetent
Poor, waste of time and energy, never knew people would do these type of things as a business. No concern for the driver, wont compensate you fairly for the time you've spent in the truck and making loads. Just horrible experience
Pay was not good at all. Favoritism was a big issue in the company. Lots of managers had “double standards” if you weren’t a higher up manager you couldn’t do anything. Processes where implemented but not followed. Some of the people were great to work with!
I did learn the ins and outs of the medical insurance programs on the employer side, even though much has changed since I left Schilli.

I also believe that recently the CEO has stepped down.
The atmosphere is casual yet everyone there is a professional in their field. There is enough work to keep you busy yet flexibility when your schedule requires it. They work hard to meet your needs while keeping you busy and yet keeping you accountable for getting the job done safely and correctly. If you are courteous and professional dealing with them you will have a great working relationship and no problems to speak of.

A typical day will have you up early performing your pre-trip inspection and getting your load ready (recommend starting with enough time to correct any securement problems since these do sometimes happen and can cause delays). After a 15 minute pre-trip inspection, and about five minutes to fuel your truck, you head to the lot to get your load and begin inspecting the trailer as well as checking the tarps and straps as necessary to make sure your load is secure and protected against the weather (usually this step can be performed the evening before to get you on the road more quickly). After completing that, you send your loaded and departing message and head out. Arriving at your destination, you check in with the receiving office and begin removing the tarps and straps, folding tarps and winding up straps, and preparing to unload. After unloading, you may get another load assigned, if you have sufficient hours, or you may simply return to prepare for the next day.

The most difficult part, for me, is folding and loading the tarps or applying tarps to the loads since I have joint and back problems. Also, I have rest issues so the early mornings were
 - more...
Pros
Weekends at home, somewhat flexible schedules, works with your limitations
Cons
A lot of long hours with some hard work thrown in along the way, decent pay but not great
A typical day involves a lot of hand holding working with our employees and their families, coaching or training them on how to best utilize their company health benefits.

I have learned how the health insurance industry works from the filing and processing of claims to deductibles and coinsurance, working with brokers and agents on updating summary plan documents.

My direct supervisor is a good role model, both, personally and professionally. She is fair and hard working and active in her community.

The hardest part of the job would be all the paperwork involved in maintaining all of their benefits, which is also the best part of the job; updating the forms and posting them online and making sure that they are all filled out correctly and tracking down missing paperwork.
Pros
Working with our employees and their families
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to do all that needs to be done
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schilli Transportation Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
InHerSight Score
1.4Personal Development
1.2Career Opportunities
1.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Schilli Transportation Services Reviews by Location