Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

United States3,636 reviews

Found 3,636 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,466 reviews
slboilbenefittrainoilfieldnumbengineerhour

Productive and Fun working.

Happier working in Schlumberger with lots of training,experience and great opportunity to work with lots of people from different country background.

Pros

Free Meal, accommodation during work, good training

Cons

Lack of work life balance

Poor management

Seems they make a whole bunch of changes at once to get people to quit. Lots of politics, good benefits but a very stressful work environment. High turn over rate and a lot of money wasted on unnecessary parts and wasted time due to over regulating projects

Schlumberger insights

Based on 1,166 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great people to work with and great opportunity to advance

Working in the field creates a one sided work life balance. You will be gone a lot and miss a lot of whatever goes on at home. Schlumberger is good with taking you out of the field after getting some experience but you’ll take a pay cut not working as much. Overall great company to work for but you’ll work a lot

Pros

benefits and good people to work with

Cons

Work a lot, pay is less than other service companies

A good company to work. One of a few companies that is truly international, with diverse cultures, and highly technology oriented.

In R&D, Software Engineering, time is very flexible. Management supports learning and development. Multi-cultural workplace with high degrees of respect to diversities. Overall this is a fantastic company to work.

They are behind on pay

To start I manage an entire district. SLB does have great benefits. You can actually retire from here and not be a door greeter at Walmart. Hourly personnel pay is reasonably competitive but salary positions and management is grossly under paid. In my product line we are on 24/7, you may not be at work but we are constantly taking calls day and night. At minimum I’m on my computer 14hrs a day plus whatever calls I get in the middle of the night when I have to get up and dispatch personnel.

Pros

I can work from home whenever I need to, We have locations on over the world, Your paycheck will always clear.

Cons

Work/life balance. We tend to think we own people. The farther you progress, the less you make.

Fun while it last

Good company to learn and get your foot in the door with oilfield. Make as much money as you can while the boom is going. Once it slows down start looking for a job asap

Structure

Everyone is held accountable within there positions the training you receive is a one and will test you but is well deserved. Some of the work is challenging but a good team works together.

Pros

Earned positions

Cons

Excuses

Great job, very long hours though..

Great place to work, can be a little overwhelming at first, shift are between 10 hours and 12 hours rotating between night and day.. coworkers experience will vary obviously.. an entire week off after working for 2 weeks, can't really beat that..

Great place to began your career with

I came into the company in 2016 and my growth possibilities has been endless. I have traveled internationally twice for training which eventually lead to raises. My managers has always been diverse when it has come to opportunity. If you want to learn more the opportunity is there.

Pros

Flexible on work schedule when needed, room to grow in position if step program is availabe

Cons

Last minute working detail, long hours, layoff can happen whenever

Great people. Horrible work-life balance.

The people I met while I was there were amazing. The work life balance is terrible. I truly hated to life component of it - you’re expected not to have a life.

Poor and unethical management

Do not join this company. It has completely changed over the past decade into a snake pit of managers who will do anything to get their next promotion. I worked in various positions around the world jumping from one miserable place to the next until one day I had enough and quit. Working outside of SLB has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Stay away. It will just suck your soul and leave you full of regrets.

Altamente profesional

Empresa con altos standards profesionales. Crecimiento profesional.

Pros

Altamente profesional.

Cons

Balance trabajo familia

Awesome experience

I made my intership in this company and it was an awesome experience. I was learning a lot of things and the crew was always willing to help me an explain difficult topics. The values of the company are also remarkabkes

Travel, Good $$, learn a lot

Get ready to part with your family for weeks at a time. Traveling is a must. Money isn’t what it was years ago but still pretty good. I would have stayed longer but had to be home for family. If your family time is important then this industry is not for you. Cell phones wont work in most places where your working on oil wells. Lots of potential to move up if commitment is there.

if you have a good manager/mentor at Slumber-J, then it's is a good career. If you get a bad manager and there's plenty there, it's terrible.

Be ready to be away from home long periods of time and when you are at home to be on call. Get everything in writing that they promise you.It is a great way to learn about the oil field and drilling.

Bad seed outshine the good seeds!

With the exception of those employees and management that will have your back always, the sorry individuals in management will do everything they can to make sure your career is cut short even if it takes them lying about you to get HR to fire you!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Extreme work schedule

Excellent experience

Working at schlumberger was a great experience in terms of learning, management, Work/Life balance, workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is a daily pressure, since is a service delivery company you have to be on top of your competencies in order to deliver a good quality of the service. Your performance is measured by a regular appraisal

Lots and lots of training to begin..almost none of it applicable to your actual job

This company wastes an enormous amount of money to train new employees, but they completely fail to teach anything regarding the most basic things about your actual job. They fly you out to Kellyville OK, and put you in an apartment for 2-3 weeks, where you undergo tedious basic safety training and driving training. When you finally get out to your job location, they have you sit in front of a computer doing another week of watching videos and taking tests completely unrelated to what you will be doing out in the field. Once they do throw you out in the field to do your actual job, you better hope that you can figure everything out for yourself. Because literally nothing that you did for 3-4 weeks in training is applicable at all. For a 60 billion dollar company, they have some of the worst and most run down equipment imaginable. You better be prepared to spend your own money to buy things like trailer jacks, wrenches, tie-downs, etc. Also, you better learn Spanish if you want to communicate with most of your supervisors and employees.

Technology leader that has lost its focus

Schlumberger used to be the clear technology leader in the oilfield, but has lost its culture and direction. A series of questionable acquisitions have also moved the company away from its high tech high margin focus.

Pros

Working with a huge variety of people Global opportunities

Cons

Loss of focus on R&D Pivot away from key strengths towards software

Great people and culture but management not always there to help with growth or explain expectations

Great coworkers and culture. Work life balance depends on whether you are a manager or worker. Changes in management makes it hard to achieve expectationsGenerous benefit package is a plus

great company to work for but management not well experienced for position and they moving up instead of employees

Company its great, lots of corporate politics, some employees moved up not a good worker, company always lose great hard working people and bad one always find a way to stay and move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Schlumberger.
Powered byComparably