Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Found 2,654 reviews matching the search See all 5,613 reviews
Schlumberger Workplace Review
ECAD Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Schlumberger has continuously rewarded my efforts and I hope to see an advanced career path establish for non-exempt employees.
The workplace culture is a bit stagnated when it comes to process improvements in order to streamline development that is more cost effective.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Week career path development for non-exempt
learning a different skills
Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Schlumberger is a technology company that supply and design things for the future plus they play major roll in the oilfield.This company is a eye open with great.
First job after graduating
Drilling Technician /Well Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Survey database management, survey quality control.
Learned how to work with hydraulics and bottom hole assembly designs.
Management was Professional and very knowledgeable.
Always available for help or direction.
Fellow engineers were a playful yet professional bunch.
I needed to learn a whole new profession, new computer programs, basically an entire new science.
Ironically learning this new discipline was the best part, I enjoyed the challenge. Schlumberger was the most organized and efficiently run organization I had the pleasure to work for so far.
Pros
Challenging and exciting
Cons
Layoff due to economy
Decent employer
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Capital and talent rich, but sometimes almost paralyzed by middle and upper management furtively chasing the "next thing" while only paying modest attention to what's keeping the place running day to day. Will be seriously debilitated as the Great Shift Change swings into full gear as the most recent few years of staff reductions seriously thinned the ranks of mid-career people instead of those clinging on the verge of retirement.
Productive and professional
Sub-Geo Market Manager (Former Employee) –  SoyoFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working for Schlumberger and was disappointed to leave. SLB is a progressive company with lots of opportunities for an exciting lifestyle and many doors opening. Study etc...
Pros
Development
Cons
High workstress....
Excellent Learning Experience
RADIATION SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaFebruary 7, 2019
SLB always had plenty of work, solid benefits, good pay. Promotes culture diversity. Good opportunities at the upper management levels for people who want to advance in grade within the company.
Pros
Travel the world, Training is exceptional and particularly challenging, Coworkers often become your best friends.
Cons
Difficult work balance life
Too Many Hrs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Worked crazy hours but the benefits were good and it was there that i got my CDL but the management wasn't too good and i think that was part to the manager not communicating with the workers
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Crazy Work Hrs
Good workplace and great employee
Training Champion Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Good work environment. Co-workers were supportive but management not so much. Job rating based not based on performance. The workplace culture was good.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Technical Support and Optimization
ALSC Technician, Artificial Lift System & ESP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2019
On a 7 days on/off schedule - working 12 hour days without vacation nor holidays.

I have learned both theoretical and gained hands on experience on ESP.

Also, I had the opportunity to be involved in testing new software by developers for related Real Time interface programs.
Cons
schedule
Challenging
Logistics Sourcing Manager for the USA and Canada (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Rewarding, challenging, Negotiation, tough in challenging times. Lots of actions and presentations. Large amount of responsibilities.Overlook directly five employees
productive and fun workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 4, 2019
i was able to operate all kind of equipment such as precision continuous, sand chief mixer, blender and skid
Ability to rig up rig down
everyone has the tight to stop work
ok
Artificial Lift (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 2, 2019
Wasnt a typical day at work had a team lead that didnt no anything, had to tell him things. He was always putting his hands on other people in the shop.
Fast paced
SLICKLINE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Jay, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I was a great company to work for until I landed in a district with poor management. During the most recent down turn in oilfield economy our district was closed in November 2015 and all employees were laid off.
Pros
Lots of overtime possibilities
Cons
Poor management at location
Professional and relaxed atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
As a project manager. I really enjoyed my peers and calm environment.

Everyday was different. My manager encouraged my professional development.

There was a gym on site and employees were able to go the gym any time, during lunch or after work. I typically went around 2pm.

The company also offered pilates and zumba classes after work to releave stress.
A good place that could be great
Directional Driller Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2019
The pay is extremely low compared to others in the industry. They really take advantage of contract workers so they don't have to pay insurance or be loyal to anyone.
Fun workplace
Operaror (Former Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahJanuary 22, 2019
She was one of the best companise I have worked with for two years. It was one of the coolest years I worked with. I wish I could work with them again
Good Work Conditions
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosharon, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Although the campuses themselves have great perks like a nice cafeteria and gym (some even offer every other Friday off) the pay is not very competitive with industry standards for a full time employee.
textbook example of a company that does value people
Permian Basin HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
17 years and many promotions and great evaluations. All lead to an " Its ok if you quit" they didn't value me or any others in my group. It was quite embarrassing that a company you have sacrificed for would just cross your number off of a board. But that's exactly what they did. they have been downsizing for 2 years with this "New Way of Working" which means each employee should do 2-3 peoples job. It gets exhausting and frustrating. I don't suggest anyone getting into this mess of an organization.
Pros
pay
Cons
they want you to perform 3 peoples work
Ok place to learn
Storekeeper/Inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Pay not great.. learn what you can and move to a company that pays.. the raises are not great so you have to push to move up otherwise your pay will stay stagnant
Still one of the best companies out there
Well Services Field Logistic Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I loved everything about the company until new management start changing things. but then it is still a very good place to work because benefits are amazing. discounts too. You get merchandise every now and then that is not available to the public (not even to everyone that works with you). Pay and schedule where very good. employee stock option was good too (its the largest service company in the world, larger than the next 3 combined).
Technology in Frac is beyond other companies which makes its services more expensive but safer (everybody is trying to go back home hoe they came to work, right?)
I wish advancement within company was much more flexible, it is possible but departments don't want to loose you which makes it hard to switch departments.
Pros
Cons
New Management in west texas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Schlumberger.

Powered by Comparably