Schlumberger
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Found 3,553 reviews matching the search
It’s an oilfield service company. 12+ hours a day for 2-3 weeks at a time. Tons of overtime. They do a lot of employee retention type stuff, I.e. free hats, tshirts, catered lunches all the time. Decent benefits. Like I said, you know what your getting into.
Pros
Money
Cons
No time off
It’s a really big company, decent benefits but make sure you are happy with what they are paying you when you get hired on because you don’t get a raise every year. Management will try to find every reason they can not to give you one. They do lay offs when it gets slow and no one is safe except there chosen favorites
Pros
Benefits, nice coworkers, vacation
Cons
No stability, back stabbing, lying management
There were employees and supervisors from Canada that didn’t like the production and how we did things they separated the supervisors from midland yard and scattered us out to different departments and enforced their way of doing things and it went downhill from there. It was good while it lasted
Pros
Outstanding workplace
Cons
Political views.
A display of strong emotional management for show by time managing people to death, insulting people’s integrity and communication skills. Insulting instead of training and ridiculing. Not an open and secure environment to work in. Zero compassion on people's abilities or any hope for team work for given task.
Pros
The company has a majority of the old patents given them advantages
Cons
Contracts are not support despite lower corporate taxation
Good training ground, great people. It's a huge corporation so there are many options in a downturn. The coil tubing division was closed down, I was transferred to cement.
Pros
Great people to work with and learn from.
Cons
Work life balance.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I worked at this company for 9 years, the quality of life completely depends on the labor laws of your country that you are working in. If that country has good labor laws like the EU or Japan/koria its not a bad place to work because Schlumberger is so efficient it will find the first opportunity to lay people off and have the remaining people work harder. I was unfortunate to hire on in the U.S. Oklahoma with no labor laws so your job is always in jepordy.
Pros
Well run company very lean
Cons
You will be worked to death, and forget your family and friends.
Not a good place to work , underpaid and overworked I would never go back to work here, absolutely horrible, so much red tape . Workers are not competent and lazy.
Very, very poor management. Overload of work to do, low pay for what needs to be done. The worth part are the managers, you need to be liked in order to move forward.
Pros
Many great people to work with
Cons
Worth Company to work for
Schlumberger has amazing training for the employees. I wish all jobs had a clear training for tasks that will be done for your job. The huge downside was that there was no work/life balance.
Pros
Training
Cons
No work/life balance
You either have a really good manager or a terrible one. The yearly review system if you have a bad manager can get you laid off during a down turn. Comp is low per hour but you get a lot of hours to make a decent paycheck.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Time traveling
was an intern assuming a role of international logistics specialist in Dammam KSA, cooperative teammates and down to earth management. Didn't feel much pressure but that could be because I was still an intern.Overall would definitely work here again.
The old SLB concentrated on technology, R&D, good information sharing culture. Now many so call "technical managers" got promoted by knowing people, not their capability. Paper pushing company with budget cuts, less resources. They jumped into this digital revolution with very little ROI.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Many
Great people, great diversity, great technology, best In class training, sense of pride and community within the organization. You get out what you put in.
Pros
You control your destiny.
Cons
Conflicting objectives
12 hour workday, 15 days on, 6 days off, alternating between days and nights. Plenty of work and provide safety equipment. Compensation was fair. The vacation was easily scheduled.
Slb was a good company treated me right and management cared about everyone of us. Only negative thing is the layoffs but that comes with the nature of the business
No sense of team. Lack of mentorship. Most roles are are solitary and lack proper training and support. You are responsible for your own path and development.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Culture Consistency
Schlumberger has a very diverse culture. You can find your co-workers from everywhere and most of them are super friendly. The working time is flexible in non-busy season.
Pros
working time flexibility
Cons
the longer you work for the company, the change you get promoted
I built my skills very quickly working according to work procedures to achieve the required results. SLB has a great safety program across so I felt safe working there. Team members were hardworking and willing to work with me and we helped each other build my competence.
Pros
Easy access to management
Cons
Job security is fair
Great company and benefits and safety culture is the best in the industry but management is brought in from different divisions or segments that often do not have experience in your particular job and tend to do a horrible job unless they are committed to their team.
Pros
Great training and easy access to training in all aspects of the industry
Cons
We show up to work and we still get a check! Work is not hard, but if your looking to grow then you will be stuck in the rut for sometime, depending on which dept. you work in. I can only speak for the Frac. We were hired on as contractors in hopes of moving over to Liberty with the merger. Things may get better in a few years from now but, we are lucky if they let us eat the scraps that fall from the masters table! Many people are unhappy here because of whats to come. I work with a great crew that gets things done. Our customers are always pleased with the job we turn out. We enjoy working together to get it done, but the noise that comes from the top will turn you south!
Pros
one week off and great coworkers
Cons
no raises, no vacation, no company benefits, added work loads
Frac is frac. Long hours good pay overtime comes fast and work is stressful at times but for the most part a team effort to get the job done. Take the money and run learn what you can and enjoy.
Pros
Money
  1. Employee Reviews