Schmitty & Sons Employee Reviews

No so friendly ppl
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 8, 2018
False advertisement!!! You don't get paid for training and at the end of training they give you like $350 bucks for a month of training (if you have your CDL's) if you don't have then the training is longer. Some of the trainers are rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. Experience means nothing to these people. They claim they are a family oriented company and that they want you to feel comfortable but this company feels nothing like family and is full negativity. Worse experience ever for me.
Pros
Routes are easy
Cons
Unprofessional and rude management team
When you are the best you hire the best
Driver/ Charter/ Motorcoach (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 27, 2017
Clear expectations and employee owned. Great training and every opportunity to succeed. Successful employees ensures positive workplace culture. Good Management team, willing to listen. Great peers, mutual respect and willing to help.

I recommend
Pros
Local, Team, Helpful for employee success, Great history, Gives back to community
Cons
well, most fun you can have at a workplace, called "work" I know, right?
Driving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 3, 2017
The training process is easy in order to get your Class B license. Trainers have been around for a long time. They also worked with me to get a route that works for me. Benefits could be better, but it's employee owned, which is cool. Management team is consistent and high energy. My favorite part of the job is getting to drive transit and charter buses. The pay is also good.
Pros
Free lunches, cookouts, pay, friends
Cons
health insurance for kids
Fun, High tense driving
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 12, 2017
My Days could vary one day to the next, from to the Easy, stressful, fun, Dangerous, and interesting. Very High turnover in drivers and management due in part to inexperienced management. Company atmosphere is very tense and negative.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Can be very stressful on most days.
Great place to get experience but very disrespectful managers
Transit Bus Driver (MVTA) (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044December 27, 2016
Having worked for this company for several years I can say with confidence that the management is not concerned about honesty, integrity or treating their employees with fairness. The individual with the most authority treats employees with rudeness and disrespect. However, if you need to get your CDL - B class license, this is a great place to get it. Stay for about six months and then take your skills and experience and go to work for an employer who cares about their staff.
Pros
Great place to get experience and CDL
Cons
Really disrespectful managment; poor hours; poor benefits; poor pay increases
excellent personnel
Driver for special needs students (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 1, 2016
The employees and management were a blast to work with and took great pride in what they did for school district. A typical day would have anywhere from 1.5 to 4 break in middle of day. Management always complied with state and federal regulations. The hardest part of day would be the weather and if a child had a reaction or outbreak in handling, but most routes have a aide. Everyday was enjoyable, the staff and employees got along fantasically.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no paid time off
I work with an aide to transport special needs children safely to and from school.
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers, but mostly I enjoyed seeing the parent and child unconditional love. I was blessed to view such an awesome display.
Good work place
Transit Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MinnesotaJanuary 7, 2015
Over all good place to work. The management value employee input. Co-workers are helpful. Training department make sure every employee gets the proper training in order to be successful. For the most part you come in the morning and do your morning run for about 2-3 hours and than come back in the evening and complete you run.
Good Part time Job
Charter Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 23, 2014
This is just a Part time job until I can find a full time Job. I enjoy different people on every trip.
na
Transit City Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 29, 2013
split shift work. no time for home life. Must meet rigid schedule as to pick up and drop off of riders.
Pros
Cons
very difficult people to work with
breaks in between routes was nice so I could work on my schooling
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MnJuly 26, 2012
I enjoyed picking up the students and taking them to school. Loved it when the little 4 year olds would run to the bus. Made some good relationships with my older students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schmitty & Sons. Our community is ready to answer.

Schmitty & Sons Reviews by Location