Schneck Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wasn't impressed with my department
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 5, 2018
When I was doing my first month it was okay, when I got moved to my regular position on evenings, I couldn't do anything right. Staff seemed to have their own click. My position ended right at the end of probationary period with them saying I wasn't a good fit. They have not been friendly with unemployment or recently I wanted to get my immunization record and they stated it wasn't on the property.
Pros
They have good infection control and care about patients
great hours
Unit Secretary ER (Former Employee) –  Seymour, IN 47274April 19, 2018
I truly enjoyed my job at Schneck. I very much enjoyed my job duties and the people I worked with. The hours were great and the benefits were very good.
Pros
12 hour work days
Cons
salery
Amazing atmoshphere and people from top to bottom.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 8, 2018
Everyone that works here is an amazing person. From CEO and directors to managers to employees. Everyone take pride in what they do and are willing to help you in any way they can. In my particular field there is no room for advancement at Schneck which was ultimately why I left. However it has still be to date the greatest place I have ever worked. They are flexible in balancing home and work life. They care about their patients and employees. I would recommend anyone to work here. It is a fantastic company.
Team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 4, 2018
Total team work environment and getsupport form fellow staff. I would stay if I was not burnt out after 20yeats in nursing. Patients give great compliments of their care
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of advamcement
Registration
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INFebruary 14, 2018
greeting patients when they arrive to be seen, updating demographics, scanning insurance cards, photo ID, signatures on consent for patient to be seen in the ER.
Pros
Like the people i work with
Cons
Long days
fast paced
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INNovember 27, 2017
fast paced. lots of computer work. 12 hour shifts. weekend rotation. not great training before being on your own. not much advancement opportunities. good coworkers.
rewarding, challenging
Director of Nursing Innovation and Quality (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 14, 2017
As a director, I had 24-7 responsibility for my department. I had approximately 50 nurses that I was in charge of. I enjoyed coaching and mentoring. The hardest part of the job was adequate staffing given the amount of FTEs.
Great place
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 27, 2017
I was a student in the rad tech program and i attended Schneck. It was a great place for a clinical site. They are good at teaching others, but I heard that their one of the lowest paying jobs and I they didn't offer me a job.
Great people and atmosphere
REHAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 3, 2017
Schneck Medical Center is such a great place to work! The people are all so friendly and easy to get along with and the atmosphere there is amazing! nothing but positive
Has gone downhill last few years
Registered Nurse, 2North, Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Seymour, IN 47274May 9, 2017
Managers have favorites and it is obvious
Patient load can be very heavy at times
Pay is not good and pay is not increased when degrees are received when told you have to get them
Pros
good insurance
You are just a number to them and shows favoritism toward nurse's only
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 7, 2017
No matter how hard you work or put extra effort into your job it's NOT appreciated. Poor management and always short staffed. Pay is not enough for all they make you do.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, staffing
Great hospital with even better co-workers!
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 24, 2017
I got this job when I could not find anything locally. If the over hour drive was not so taxing I would never leave! Love it here and will miss it very much!
I enjoy working at Schneck
Supervisor of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 29, 2017
Schneck is a great place to work. I have flexible work hours. The culture is great. Very friendly people to work with. My position can be very stressful & overwhelming at times.
love it
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 22, 2017
A typical day is very busy from having high patient volume. I love working here in a fast pace friendly environment. The nurses and people I enteract with on a night to night bases are great.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
short lunch breaks, if at all. I normally eat on the go.
Scheck Rox
EKG Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJanuary 18, 2016
Back when I thought I wanted to be a doctor, I worked at Schneck. I loved the work but realized the hospital was not for me. Found out it's better to work at the bench level in a lab rather than drawing blood from patients.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Realizing you really don't want to be an M.D.
Love Schneck
CNA/ Office Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 21, 2015
Due to being put On Call a lot I'm not always promised my hours every week that I'm needed to support my family. I work night shift and never get to see my family during the day or at night when I do work.
Pros
Great work place!
Cons
Not getting my hours. Being put on Call alot.
Would not recommend
RN (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 20, 2015
Pay is not comparable to other surrounding hospitals. Nurses do not have voice as they should considering they are a Magnet nursing hospital. They do what looks good on paper.
Magnet Recognized Hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 21, 2015
We're a Magnet Hospital . Great Hospital to work at with exceptional employees. Everyone works as a team. Great benefits and Health Insurance.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Very honest and reliable with excellent office skills and customer service. Very good at research.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 28, 2015
Extensive customer service skills, public speaking, Administrative Assistant with up to date computer skills. Also certified in Phlebotomy and EKG. I was a city letter carrier for the Postal Service for 16 years and am very reliable and honest. Good work ethics.
Pros
work relationships
Cons
long commutes
Great place to work great people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 21, 2015
this is one of the greatest jobs I ever had you get to help people and your coworkers are all so friendly benefits are wonderful. The only down side is the same with any medical field when you had to the sad things of life.
Pros
help people
Cons
had to deal with sad things