Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Found 867 reviews matching the search See all 2,492 reviews
Nice people, interesting projects
Business Analyst & Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MASeptember 16, 2018
I worked on an internal consulting project that was given lots of autonomy and endless support from management and peers. We were able to learn with hands-on work and also appeal to others for more guidance. Great experience.
Vent cell operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INSeptember 13, 2018
Good and exciting working environment. The benefits are too good to be true. You are trained thoroughly for every operation/job that you would be assigned to. They are real good to their people.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
2nd shift hours. 4:00pm -1:00am
Great People but Easy to Get Stuck
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RISeptember 7, 2018
Working on the customer service end of Schenider Electric provides a better salary than most other customer service roles available at the cost of stress and work/life balance. Being located far south of the populous areas of the state a 30-45 minute commute is normal, on top of a 9 hour work day. This leaves very little room for life outside of work.

Slowly all of the customer service and manufacturing roles in the company are moving to outsourced regions, strictly limiting any opportunities for advancement and growth. Little to no effort is put into helping employees grow their careers or become aware of opportunities. This is in stark contrast to how the official literature boasts that advancement is a top priority for the company. In my experience this is not so for anyone in the customer service side of the business. It is perhaps so in other areas.

The people of Schneider Electric are fantastic. I have never had any issues with my coworkers though the language barrier with coworkers located overseas that are supposed to have the same capabilities as the local operatives can provide a challenge. managers have always been great people if just not very empowered to help.
Pros
Great pay, nice people
Cons
Location, No chance for advancement
Contractor
IT Engineer- Contract (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I got this job through an engineer at ComEd. For the most part I did most of the install and cabling for the service manager.
I also performed 24/7 service work etc.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Paided once a month
fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 6, 2018
loved working for Schneider Ele. just didn't pay enough. a lot of long hours and the shop wasn't the coolest place to work in the summer time. The people the were great to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no AC in shop
Service
Building Automation Services, Controls, HVAC (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
I would prefer to defer from this summary as I am still employed at this company and truly believe it is better to leave this our for my own security as a professional in this trade
Overall okay but stressful for the pay
Test/Packout Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
The job is overall a good job. Good benefits but once you top out in pay after 6 months, that is your pay from that point on with the exception of a cost of living raise every few years of about 50 cents. If you stay close and just need a work for the time being, or you don't plan on your bills increasing, then this is the job for you. If you are looking for something that is going to provide for a growing family, you might want to consider something else.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Overall Pay not worth working long term
Zero job security.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Leesport, PASeptember 3, 2018
They hire through a temp agency with "intent" to hire. According to the temp agency's rep when I started, no one goes more than six months without being hired on. There are at least 20 people I know of that started before me who are still with the temp agency, and I've been there six months. We went from mandatory 10 hour days in the spring (5:00 - 3:30), to half the plant being laid off in the summer.
Pros
Free coffee on Mondays.
Cons
Hours shift from week to week. Zero job security.
Great place
Interim Inbound/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work just looking for more career advancement
Would like to move up to supervisor spot or higher but there is not alot of options here.
benefits
Cons
hours
decent benifits
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCAugust 29, 2018
Had blue cross blue shield insurance. and paid time off and flex time. I worked there for more than six years combined time. And would work for Schneider again if given the opportunity.

Want to know more about Schneider Electric?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
eCommerce Sales Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 27, 2018
I worked for Schneider full time for a sumer internship and it was incredible. Mostly working with older individuals so the company culture is different than I was expecting, but the benefits were excellent and I learned a lot. Lots of flexibility as long as the work gets completed.
Benefits
overnight shifts available
good pay
Very fun workplace environment
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 23, 2018
I would say definitely the best company I have ever worked for. The management is great and the overall culture of the business is amazing. I would definitely recommend this job to friends.
schneider
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 22, 2018
The company does not appreciate their employees. You are over worked and under paid. The management there is very unprofessional. I do like the team work with my co workers.
Pros
overtime opportunity
Cons
hard to advance
Productive environment
STRUCTURE WIRING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at work was always learning something different. Learning how to look at and also read wire diagrams, learning different ways of routing wires and also how to use different tools, power drills, rivet gun, etc. The workplace was relaxed, management was also respectable. The workplace was always enjoyable, never a dull moment.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
short breaks
Private and professional work place
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2018
I like to work in Schneider electric I learn and get more experience and I grow up with the the company and the employees very helpful I want to get more experience
Decent balance between work and home.
Pack-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2018
The company overall is an okay place to work. There are certain things that the company can improve upon that would make the workplace an even better place to work.
Fun place o work
PAYABLES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2018
Start the day busy of course but it was really a fun place to work for, good working environment and very nice office. All Supervisors and Managers are very approachable and helpful. Different culture and yet we all get along well. Benefits is very good and of course the profit sharing when I was still there. The hardest part of the job is during closing of the books for the month, its always chaos trying to chase down officers and rank for the liquidation of all their advances to close it into expense. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie and team work among the employees.
Pros
Profit sharing, benefits and paid travel and paid brainstorming out of town
Cons
Need to be a fast worker
On the road
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 17, 2018
My time with Schneider was a learning experience. I found the environment to be fun and challenging. The dependence upon the workers in the field is a little much, there should be a little more structure in the approach to training of new hires.
Pros
Pay, benefits, teamwork
Cons
management, communication, single point failure in networking
Great work place great people
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2018
Schneider is a great work place nice benefits,pay great vacation time off, laid back job I’ve been there for 11 years ,they give you great training . And give you opportunity for growth .
Pros
The people are awesome
Cons
You don’t get paid lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.