Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Found 939 reviews matching the search See all 2,743 reviews
Work with good people who care
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Schneider Electric is a large company with many policies and a byzantine website structure to manage all facets of benefits and project tracking, fortunately most of it works pretty well when you get used to it.

I work on awesome projects with good people. The company is growing and there is opportunity for advancement.

Management genuinely cares about the wellbeing of their employees.

I love working on interesting projects and solving problems, the company is open to new ideas and sharing is encouraged.

Tools and equipment are readily provided as needed to ensure that work can be completed efficiently.

I feel empowered to make decisions that effect positive outcomes on projects and improve internal processes.

Training and self improvement are encouraged and mandatory, stagnation is not an option. I am always learning.

The company intern program is excellent.
Pros
Constantly challenged with the work and benefits are excellent.
Cons
Slightly overwhelmed by the number and scale of projects., Working with some subcontractors is a challenge as they are sometimes horrible.
Good Compensation & Benefits But Difficult Work Environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
Schneider is a very large company with lots of divisions. With that comes a lot of opportunity, very good compensation, and good benefits. The Buildings Business was formed through acquisition of existing companies with diverse business cultures. That created some difficulties for management. The financial crisis of 2008 presented even more challenges and the business suffered through a long period of downsizing and the accompanying poor employee morale.

The company is involved in many technologies and new employees will likely find it exciting. However, there are numerous internal problems within some divisions, so you will need to be adept at spotting the landmines and avoiding them.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, lots of advancement opportunity
Cons
Big Company with high profit expectations even within typically low-margin business units, high stress
Career Growth
Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
Schneider is a great place to work in many ways and with many benefits. However, they say they want to promote from within but they don't. They continuously go outside to hire anyone that is above a manager level. I would love to stay with company but there is no room for career growth. French owned company and french control everything. Extreme bias if you are French. During layoffs, French citizens are protected and others will be let go. French also have bias that helps them get promoted.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, 401k, Emp. Stock Options, time off
Cons
Frequent layoffs, little internal promotions above manager
Great People but Easy to Get Stuck
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RISeptember 7, 2018
Working on the customer service end of Schenider Electric provides a better salary than most other customer service roles available at the cost of stress and work/life balance. Being located far south of the populous areas of the state a 30-45 minute commute is normal, on top of a 9 hour work day. This leaves very little room for life outside of work.

Slowly all of the customer service and manufacturing roles in the company are moving to outsourced regions, strictly limiting any opportunities for advancement and growth. Little to no effort is put into helping employees grow their careers or become aware of opportunities. This is in stark contrast to how the official literature boasts that advancement is a top priority for the company. In my experience this is not so for anyone in the customer service side of the business. It is perhaps so in other areas.

The people of Schneider Electric are fantastic. I have never had any issues with my coworkers though the language barrier with coworkers located overseas that are supposed to have the same capabilities as the local operatives can provide a challenge. managers have always been great people if just not very empowered to help.
Pros
Great pay, nice people
Cons
Location, No chance for advancement
Great company to work for
eCommerce Sales Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 27, 2018
I worked for Schneider full time for a sumer internship and it was incredible. Mostly working with older individuals so the company culture is different than I was expecting, but the benefits were excellent and I learned a lot. Lots of flexibility as long as the work gets completed.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Systems Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 4, 2018
Best years of my career. 10+ years with a promotion. Culture was overwhelmingly positive. Management needs to do a better job not just recognizing talent but also recognize longevity and hard work.
Good people ... OK culture
Channel Sales Manager - US and Canada (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RINovember 13, 2018
Good people, but just an OK culture. Behind the industry in pay for sales people, they don't want you to overachieve ... high quota growth YoY. Benefits were great, but are getting much worse.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary
Fun place o work
PAYABLES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2018
Start the day busy of course but it was really a fun place to work for, good working environment and very nice office. All Supervisors and Managers are very approachable and helpful. Different culture and yet we all get along well. Benefits is very good and of course the profit sharing when I was still there. The hardest part of the job is during closing of the books for the month, its always chaos trying to chase down officers and rank for the liquidation of all their advances to close it into expense. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie and team work among the employees.
Pros
Profit sharing, benefits and paid travel and paid brainstorming out of town
Cons
Need to be a fast worker
Overall okay but stressful for the pay
Test/Packout Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
The job is overall a good job. Good benefits but once you top out in pay after 6 months, that is your pay from that point on with the exception of a cost of living raise every few years of about 50 cents. If you stay close and just need a work for the time being, or you don't plan on your bills increasing, then this is the job for you. If you are looking for something that is going to provide for a growing family, you might want to consider something else.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Overall Pay not worth working long term
Schneider Electric
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandOctober 18, 2018
Schneider is a good company to work for with great health benefits and a good work life balance. Management is easily approachable and available when needed.
Working at Schneider where you have great benefits, decscent pay and enjoy the team of Associates that you work with
Material Associate/Assembly associate (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, SCJune 12, 2018
The Company when is was Square D was like a family. Everyone worked together as a team, associates genuinely cared for one another and there well-being. We had a tremendous system and place to where I customers receive the product on time and Associates weren't over work and underpaid and didn't need incentive to work OT. Schneider Electric System and how they go about doing things and how Associates have been treated has gone all the way away from how things used to be is the reason why the company to this day is running the way it is right now which is at horrible horrible rate right now.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement and lack of respect for years worked
They pay well, but expect a lot
Warehouse Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 6, 2018
Schneider has a very high expectation of their employees, both in productivity and number of hours worked. If youre looking to make a lot of money through high number of overtime hours this is a good place to work. Fantastic benefits.
Pros
Fantastic benefits, competitive base pay.
Cons
50+ hr work weeks.
Poor management
Custom Bus installer (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCMay 24, 2018
I worked at Schneider 2 different times, once when the company was Square D then again when the name changed to Schneider. Both times ended the same way. I went there as a temp to hire employee and my assignment ended for bogus reasons. This company does a mass hiring then has a high turnover rate due to poor management, over hiring, and lack of job assignments. I went there motivated to work and the pay was exactly what I was looking for, but they requested more employees then they needed from the Temp service so they gradually fired people for bogus reasons. I took the initiative to try an learn the job I was hired to do even though the first week they had nothing for me to do. After a week they ended my assignment saying I didn't seem motivated to work and wasn't willing to learn the job. They never assigned me a job. My first week was spent being given a hour or so of "keep busy" work then the remaining 6hrs I was left ony own to try and stay busy.
Pros
Good pay, no weekends
Cons
High turnover rate, poor planning scheduling, poor management
Great company to work for, overall good experience.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2018
Great place to work, company is very involved in the employees feedback and comfort at schneider electric,however, the management has created it's own work environment that differs from that of Schneider electric standards.
Cons
Was let go for unclear reason
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 14, 2018
Overall culture was positive, benefits were very good, working hours were good, comraderie was good, training for job was not sufficient, duties changed for unknown reason, enjoyed working with people I worked with
Company Priorities are Misaligned
Collections Analyst/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RIMarch 31, 2018
Schneider Electric is a holding company which oversees a group of companies that it has purchased and re-branded. These companies all essential still operate independently even though Schneider tries to sell itself as one company to the customer. This creates a ton of inefficiencies and confusion which has to be straightened out of the back end. The holding company does not seem to be interested in fixing these broken systems or creating ones that actually work. It's aggravating for both employees and customers alike. Schneider needs to stop buying up all of the competition and get its house in order.

Additionally, there was no career path in the finance department and management was ineffective. The company culture, at least in the Rhode Island office, was centered on who could be the most aggressive. People are often rude and curt and it is just accepted. This is probably to the most aggressive and unpleasant group of people that I have ever worked with.

On a positive note, the company is great about work/life balance with regard to working from home part time and the benefits are great. The health plan is pretty pricey, but it is comprehensive insurance. They also provide 401K match, basic life insurance, and many other benefits.
APC by Schneider Electric
Manager (Former Employee) –  Western USApril 20, 2018
Specific to Schneider's APC business, this IT Division made up of legacy APC management hasn't performed well. Changes in the IT landscape, poor management stock, stale management talent, years of layoffs, better products offered by competition, and commoditization of their core business has left APC in a very sad state.
Cons
No company growth, No Compensation Growth, No Career Growth, Commodity Products, Ineffective leadership
Schneider Electric was the best place I ever worked.
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCFebruary 18, 2018
My technical writing job at Schneider Electric was amazing. My co-workers were wonderful. My work-life balance was ideal and the opportunity for growth was limitless. I would gladly work there again. My managers were great bosses as well as great people. I retired because at the time I had four pre-schoolers at home and it was time for me to leave and raise my kids. They made working with children easy and when I look back I wished I was still there as it was a great place to be. But now I have four very successful children and I am glad I was able to be there for them. Schneider Electric was a place to work!
Pros
Schneider Electric work-life balance was great. It was a wonderful place to work.
Cons
Limited budgets and minimal raises
Senior Project Manager, Finance (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 8, 2018
Operates on very limited budget, causing employees to take on more responsibilities when someone leaves. Open positions do not get filled. Non-management bonuses less than 2% for all employees, regardless of performance. Moral low amongst employees. Given the lack of management direction, employees have flexibility to determine their own work/life balance.
Pros
Flexibility to manage work independently
Cons
Lack of management direction
Not employee friendly
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2018
I had the unfortunate opportunity to work here. Excellent pay but they needed me 24/7. Not set up for work life balance or even a decent work space in the office. The company culture from higher ups is money money money, not how are our employees doing and do they have a place to sit? Not much respect. Glad I'm not there any longer.
Pros
salary
Cons
greed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight